Reviews for Grab and Go
terimorehart chapter 9 . 10/25/2016
Love this story too, really like the pov set! Love the clinical/procedural comments also.
Justine chapter 9 . 10/7/2016
Hello. I read both of your stories, Grab and Go and I Really don't Like Parties all that Much Anyway and they were fantastic. You presented a situation that I didn't think of while watching the episode but nonetheless seemed very real and plausible. I loved the displays of emotion between the team, particularly Cap and Johnny. And first person Johnny was great. The entire one two punch made me feel. thanks.
Ryn chapter 6 . 6/23/2016
Another great chapter. This would have made such a terrific episode!
Ryn chapter 1 . 6/23/2016
Wow! Fabulous first chapter! The intensity of it. I like this Chet.
dolphinrain chapter 1 . 2/7/2016
Just a tiny note...John injured his left leg in this episode. Every other episode it was the right he injured. Weird Wednesday, Nuisance, Promotion, Snakebite.
Just watched the episode and it was his left leg in traction. Other than this not a bad story.
Sb4ever chapter 9 . 9/30/2015
Intense and so good! I thoroughly enjoyed this story and the approach you used to tell it. I could hear everyone's voice.
spycat chapter 9 . 5/29/2015
A good story. My heart went to Johnny. I liked the way you did each of Station 51's crew thoughts and views on this.
Var Devonshire chapter 9 . 12/18/2013
You did an amazing job presenting so many different POVs of this incident and all totally in character. Enjoyed how you let Cap have a flash back to his army days, well done. And Chet, well, it's always good to see a writer who allows him to be a well rounded character and not just the Phantom. I loved this entire story from start to finish and will probably read it several more times in the future, it was that good! Var
Mary Lou chapter 9 . 6/28/2013
Roy is still blaming himself for Johnny's situation despite Chet's very capable attempts to set Roy straight. I love the humor in this chapter. Johnny's comments are hilarious. I appreciate that you share your very impressive writing talents with us. I have enjoyed a few of your stories so far. Planning on enjoying the rest of them.
Mary Lou chapter 8 . 6/28/2013
Poor Roy. He is really beating himself up over this. Something we all do once in a while. His guilt stems from feeling so helpless to do anything about relieving Johnny's pain. Brackett did a good job of putting things into perspective for Roy. Another good chapter showing what rescue and health workers have to deal with. Emotions. Guilt.
Mary Lou chapter 7 . 6/28/2013
When people think of hospitals, they are aware of the doctors and nurses, but the focus is on the patient. However, this chapter shows the emotional toil that these self-sacrificing workers endure. They have to put up with combative patients. These fine workers have to try to keep their emotions in check so that they may treat their patient with the upmost care. They work long hours, often without breaks. On top of that, they also have to deal with the patient's loved ones who are anxious. They definitely earn their keep.
Mary Lou chapter 6 . 6/28/2013
It was interesting to view Johnny's condition and treatments through a doctor's eye. And what gorgeous eyes Brackett has. You really get a view of the anguish that Roy must have endured with Johnny's suffering and not being able to do anything about the pain. This chapter gives good argument towards why it is not a good idea for doctors and such to treat people they know. They suffer along with their patient.
Mary Lou chapter 5 . 6/28/2013
Well, now we know who Smitty was. Hank proves exactly why he makes a good captain. He thinks quick in an emergency, and knows how to delegate responsibilities. He has great compassion for his men, but seems to have a soft spot for Mike and Johnny. Another very well-written chapter.
Mary Lou chapter 4 . 6/28/2013
A chapter about one of my favorite characters on Emergency!. Since Mike is so quiet, we don't know that much about him. Your take on his thoughts and feelings seem realistic. So, he is attracted to Johnny? Aren't a lot of us? I love the pairing of Stoker and Gage. For some reason, it clicks.
Mary Lou chapter 3 . 6/28/2013
I had wondered when I watched this episode about why the old woman did not want to be moved. You have brought up a very plausible explanation for her behavior. Thanks for letting us know that Celia Lovsky played T'Pau in Star Trek. Way cool.