Reviews for Grab and Go
spycat chapter 9 . 5/29
A good story. My heart went to Johnny. I liked the way you did each of Station 51's crew thoughts and views on this.
Var Devonshire chapter 9 . 12/18/2013
You did an amazing job presenting so many different POVs of this incident and all totally in character. Enjoyed how you let Cap have a flash back to his army days, well done. And Chet, well, it's always good to see a writer who allows him to be a well rounded character and not just the Phantom. I loved this entire story from start to finish and will probably read it several more times in the future, it was that good! Var
Mary Lou chapter 9 . 6/28/2013
Roy is still blaming himself for Johnny's situation despite Chet's very capable attempts to set Roy straight. I love the humor in this chapter. Johnny's comments are hilarious. I appreciate that you share your very impressive writing talents with us. I have enjoyed a few of your stories so far. Planning on enjoying the rest of them.
Mary Lou chapter 8 . 6/28/2013
Poor Roy. He is really beating himself up over this. Something we all do once in a while. His guilt stems from feeling so helpless to do anything about relieving Johnny's pain. Brackett did a good job of putting things into perspective for Roy. Another good chapter showing what rescue and health workers have to deal with. Emotions. Guilt.
Mary Lou chapter 7 . 6/28/2013
When people think of hospitals, they are aware of the doctors and nurses, but the focus is on the patient. However, this chapter shows the emotional toil that these self-sacrificing workers endure. They have to put up with combative patients. These fine workers have to try to keep their emotions in check so that they may treat their patient with the upmost care. They work long hours, often without breaks. On top of that, they also have to deal with the patient's loved ones who are anxious. They definitely earn their keep.
Mary Lou chapter 6 . 6/28/2013
It was interesting to view Johnny's condition and treatments through a doctor's eye. And what gorgeous eyes Brackett has. You really get a view of the anguish that Roy must have endured with Johnny's suffering and not being able to do anything about the pain. This chapter gives good argument towards why it is not a good idea for doctors and such to treat people they know. They suffer along with their patient.
Mary Lou chapter 5 . 6/28/2013
Well, now we know who Smitty was. Hank proves exactly why he makes a good captain. He thinks quick in an emergency, and knows how to delegate responsibilities. He has great compassion for his men, but seems to have a soft spot for Mike and Johnny. Another very well-written chapter.
Mary Lou chapter 4 . 6/28/2013
A chapter about one of my favorite characters on Emergency!. Since Mike is so quiet, we don't know that much about him. Your take on his thoughts and feelings seem realistic. So, he is attracted to Johnny? Aren't a lot of us? I love the pairing of Stoker and Gage. For some reason, it clicks.
Mary Lou chapter 3 . 6/28/2013
I had wondered when I watched this episode about why the old woman did not want to be moved. You have brought up a very plausible explanation for her behavior. Thanks for letting us know that Celia Lovsky played T'Pau in Star Trek. Way cool.
Mary Lou chapter 2 . 6/28/2013
You have done another fine job of bringing the characters to life. In this case, it is Marco. You have brought up a very good point and that is the guilt that Marco probably suffered though in wondering if he had damaged Gage's leg further. Interesting tidbit about the DRD. I learned something new today.
Mary Lou chapter 1 . 6/28/2013
You have done a good job of capturing Chet's voice. His unique and colorful way of expressing himself really comes through in this chapter. Despite his always pulling pranks on Johnny, Chet expresses just how much that Johnny's friendship means to him. Of course, one would have to torture him to admit it.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
OMG! Heart wrenching! Good thing it was Roy taking care of Johnny...I would have been right there losing my stomach too. Poor Johnny! He is a fighter!
eroticwriter chapter 9 . 12/14/2011
Okay, I read through all of this before deciding to comment. Gotta say I absolutely loved the premise behind this. I mean how many times have we watched an episode and wondered what happened that we didn't see?

This was great. The varying points of view were just awesome (I never pictured Stoker batting for the other team...lol.) Loved the angst and drama and how each man had to deal with their own personal feelings (and guilt). Very nice.
coloradoandcolorado1 chapter 9 . 11/2/2011
Very very nice ending. I enjoyed your writing very much!
Jelsemium chapter 2 . 3/27/2011
Hi again.

After reading this chapter for the first time, I paid extra attention to their turnout gear as I watched the show. (We're on an Emergency kick right now.) Looks like their turnout coats have handles on them. Wouldn't have helped Marco with Johnny's legs, though.