Reviews for The Crime of Passion
Estringe chapter 29 . 2/19/2014
THAT'S HOW IT ENDED? Oh come on. Sequel please. I need them together.
LMPandora chapter 29 . 12/28/2013
Okay, I had obviously, idiotically, posted the review when it wasn't finished yet. Thank god I wasn't logged in so I guess my laziness saved me from that one. (sorry, that was really embarrassing OTL)

So um, as I was saying: It's weird for me to keep on going back to the title, thinking of how appropriate it was for the story. I don't usually notice titles, or why it's fits the plot, but for this I really couldn't get it out of my mind- it was perfect. The story did revolve around passion: Starfire and Richard for their feelings for each other, and Kessa'd with his one-sided devotion to Stafire. I think it's because I find it very artistic in some sense, so kudos to you for that.

I love the mature tone of the story, the way you've portrayed each character is good, too. I absolutely LOVED how you reformed Blackfire the best, though. I've always been rather fond of her character, I'm glad to see that she's been given justice in here. I've always wanted to see Blackfire show some companionship towards her sister, and I really liked the fact that you showed us some bits of her past to make us understand her character more.

And for some odd reason, the part of the story that really touched me the most was BB's little moment in this chapter. It's really nicely written, and albeit short and just really subtle, I'm glad you've showed us how he's matured to be a confident man.

All in all, great story, awesome writing, can't wait to see what you plan to do with the sequel (if ever you plan on writing it ;) )
LMPandora chapter 29 . 12/28/2013
(shame on me for being too lazy to log in but I had to leave a review! So here it goes)

Countless times in this story where I thought the title fit so perfectly. It's a weird thing to notice
Novus Ordo Seclorum chapter 5 . 12/9/2013
This chapter was great! I really liked all of Starfire's recollections, particularly her duffle-bag of keepsakes and the stories accompanying each. They were imaginative and quite well done. You definitely hit the nail on the head with her dietary habits, as well! What she consumed within a short period of time would more likely than not make a normal person nauseous (or worse.) She simply takes it in stride, revelling in the nostalgic afterglow.

Meeting teh new Teen Titans, while a pleasant experience for her would undoubtedly be a tad awkward as well. It would be a lot like revisiting your childhood home after being away for years. The memories you have in the space remain, but what made the space special no longer resides there. It is always bittersweet.

Anyway, this was a great chapter and I look forward to the next! I shall read it soon :)
Novus Ordo Seclorum chapter 4 . 11/26/2013
I really enjoyed this chapter, my good man. You vividly introduced several characters who will likely play an important role in the progression of the story. What really impresses me, though, is the detailed depiction of Tamaran and Tamaranian culture. You have really outdone yourself so far; each chapter is progressively better than the last, and that is saying something considering the first chapter was excellent.

I cannot praise this enough. I shall read again soon!
Whoisthis chapter 29 . 11/25/2013
What Richard really wants to say: Oh hey you had my kid . Almost got you and her killed . I traveled the galaxy to resue you and your doubting my love .
animestarz96 chapter 29 . 11/23/2013
Amazing! Can't wait for sequel! :D
animestarz96 chapter 1 . 11/22/2013
Amazing! Can't wait for sequel! :D
Novus Ordo Seclorum chapter 3 . 11/17/2013
Awesome chapter! I was absolutely riveted during the action sequences. Also, all of your original characters are intriguing and well-conceived. That is definitely a rarity on this site! As always, your writing was tight, well constructed and executed to perfection. You used descriptive language appropriately, definitely enhancing certain scenes while not going into so much detail as to slow down the vertiginous pace of the story. This chapter definitely pleased!

Can't wait to read more! I've currently been reading Cormac McCarthy's "The Road," as well and when that gets too depressing, I'll be back for another installment! Great work.
userid2318759187961967 chapter 29 . 11/11/2013
It's the middle of the night and i just finished your story. I have to say... This was one of the best fics I've read on this site. It was unpredictable and it gave me a lot of the FEELLSSS. I love this pairing so much! And you made me love them even more! Keep it up!
Novus chapter 2 . 11/8/2013
It just keeps getting better. You really did an awesome job with Fulci. Very nice OC there.

As always, you did a masterful job. I loved the scene where the team (Robin in particular) is trying to explain that public nudity is not permissible on Earth.

What a wonderful mixture of drama, suspense, and humor! Awesome work!
Novus chapter 1 . 11/8/2013
Dude...

I believe I might have started reading this at one point and then neglected it for whatever reason. My apologies for that. This story is thoroughly incredible.

I don't really know how else to articulate it properly. It has a delightful atmosphere to it. The mood, imagery, narrative style... it's all so well-crafted and so well done. It really lends this piece an air of professionalism.

Alwick, I have said it before and I will continue to say it. You need to write professionally. The world needs your voice. You have brilliant ideas and your stories are always top knotch. I believe in you. I know there are others on this site who do as well. All you need is to make it happen for yourself!

I loved this chapter! Though I don't read as much or as often as I used to (primarily because many stories lack the depth or quality I look for) I will continue reading!

This story is a tour-de-force. Excellent work.
Guest chapter 29 . 10/27/2013
The sequel can have starfire and nightwing dealing with Mar'i and Damien Wayne.?
Kryalla Orchid chapter 29 . 10/15/2013
Bravo!

I'm so glad you finished this. It was a masterpiece of literature. I have hung onto every word in every single chapter, there's not a part of this which disappointed me.

This ending was brilliant, it wrapped everything up, held onto the promise of a life if they worked and gave us closure with other characters. I really loved the inclusion of Galfore here too, just love that big guy.

Your Tamaranian culture was creative and insightful and slipped seamlessly into what little we were given for the cartoon.

And now for some critique. Occasionally, you repeat yourself. For example, making a word in italics in dialogue is stressing the word, and then you included the fact in the after dialogue text (when Galfore is speaking). Sometimes you use the word 'said' when it's clear who's talking (although said is one of those invisible words anyway, so I wouldn't worry too much). You also have the same writing flaw I do, you overuse the word 'just' and 'that'. Some of them are superfluous. Which is a tricky thing, I have learnt to pull myself up when I'm writing and think if I really need the word (some that's can be replaced with 'which' and still have the same meaning). Fanfiction is different (I become lazy at times), but it's something to keep in mind if you do original work and is one of those things you don't always notice until they're pointed out. There's a site I use called Wordle (dot net) which you can plug your story into and it will show your most used words. You may find it helpful.

I have really enjoyed this journey you delivered. The plot was so cleverly crafted, your antagonist was sympathetic and wonderfully done, and how he moved from good to bad back to good and his reactions were understandable while keeping with the alienesque theme. I always went straight to every chapter you posted and read it through several times just to get the full impact of what occurred during the chapter. Your re-readability potential is incredible; I find new things every time I read it.

So thank you for sharing!
Cheers
Kry
JunXII chapter 29 . 10/11/2013
OH EM GEEE I CRAIIII T_T
Finally after sooo long the ending was terrific, couldnt have been any better T_T A journey felt so long but ended so fast. Thank you so much for putting your time and effort into writing this story. It feels wonderful to be able to read something truly enjoyable.
588 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »