Reviews for Mixed Doubles
Bwebb chapter 12 . 2/9/2011
Neat idea for a story! I enjoyed it.
Allthinky chapter 7 . 2/2/2011
Oh, Steed!

I'm interested to see how Kelly reacts to the image of another agent being tortured on the rack, given his own history ...

And the plot thickens, but also tightens up nicely!
Allthinky chapter 5 . 1/31/2011
Oh - this is *so* perfect - the dog, the odious Gustaf who pays for the breach of court etiquette ... and Mrs. Peel practicing tennis down a corridor!

The voices are so solid, and the action is v. convincing.

Brava!
PutMoneyInThyPurse chapter 2 . 1/27/2011
"A few seconds later, Kelly re-thought his tone of voice, and his next words came out minus the fangs."

Oh, nice!

"The door was ajar when I got upstairs. I called her name; nobody answered. I went inside, and there she was. I called you. You showed up. We swept the place, left, and called the cops. And everyone lived happily ever after."

That last line, SO Kelly! Love it!

I love the whole idea - I know nothing about The Avengers, but I can tell I'm going to love it. And I know so many who are Avengers fans. A juicy plot, and excitement, and drama... ooh, I'm so excited!

"It was consistent, if nothing else – consistently depressing." ..."Thank you, Pollyanna."/ "Kelly managed a half-hearted grin, the secret agent's best friend"... OH, all that wit and charm, in their thoughts and in their words - so very them!

"I can sense that your remarkable diplomatic talents are called for in this instance."

"You can sense that you don't remember six words of high school French," Scott parried.

"In point of fact, I do. However, they are not six words these gentlemen would be inclined to respond to in a favorable manner. Trust me."

"You flatter yourself."

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Ohhh, so wonderfully funny, so wonderfully them, and so them to joke under pressure, even pressure like this! And Kelly's big acting moment, and the shock I felt as a little chill when I learned he was a murder suspect!

And in general, the title is lovely, and the cover of 'mixed doubles' excellent - they should have used it in canon, it makes a LOT of sense, come to think of it! Even the little details I like - Kelly saying 'Reggie' for 'Regina' (and the quip about parking tickets delightful) and the few words of French that are great for atmosphere (but soooo many kudos to you for not going to Babelfish and producing something awful like so many authors on the site).

"You must know Kelly and Regina were friends. You fellas always bust in with bad news like Jimmy Cagney in a bad gangster flick?"

So very, very Scotty.

Suggestions, just out of a sense of duty, although it's perfect as it is: I'd change 'too' in 'They'd been too careful' because it makes it sound like they're disapproving, rather than approving, of their meticulousness; also, I think it would sound more natural to say "Kelly turned from their hotel room window and took a deep breath" at the start. Trust me, the repetition won't be boring or anything like that. This story is exciting and plotty and just wonderful!

MORE MORE MORE!
allthinky chapter 2 . 1/26/2011
W00t! This is an excellent start! Poor Kelly ... and I love Steed and Peel's less than enthusiastic anticipation toward interrogating KR.

And Scotty's comments on Kelly's French language skills: spot on.

I'll be over here, cheering you on...