Reviews for What the Spring Does
Tea's chapter 30 . 5/4
I know it's been a few years since you've finished this story, but I wanted to at least leave a note to thank you for writing it. I'm an old MSCL fan and every couple of years, I'll drop by to see if any new fics have been written/completed - something I'm currently very glad I do because it led me to your fic, especially since it's arguably the best MSCL continuation I've seen to date.

I really enjoyed your approach to the story-telling here, the way you have the scenes set up to shuffle through what's happening across the board for all the characters to create a uniform build-up. It feels true to the series and made it so easy to picture it happening like it did on screen. And I especially love that you didn't exclude anyone nor did you gloss over anything that was happening on various fronts. It was a Jordan/Angela story but it was also about everyone else around her, which is what MSCL was all about and part of why I loved it so much back then.

I am also so so glad to see you do justice to Graham and Patti's marriage and the complicated nature of what was happening on that front. So many fics out there made Graham out to be the bad guy that just up and left the family, which was something that never felt right or true to his character (for me, at least). I'm just relieved to see you treat them right and that there are no one-dimensional villains here.

I could go on, really, but the truth is I'd just be repeating myself on how much I enjoyed the characterizations of every character - the flaws, the strengths, the character growth, it's all there and you didn't short-change anyone. This fic felt like it could well be how MSCL continued, and it was just what I needed. Thank you!
Rachel chapter 21 . 6/27/2014
I'm so late on all the my so called fanfic! But this is awesome. It's great to have something past the series finale. So awesome! I don't know it you still check this or anything but it's great!
Jody Barsch chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
Really original take on the post-letter conversation :) 1.) the fact that Jordan's happy to be back together lessens the fact that he didn't write it, 2.) Angela's self-realization that anger isn;t the only option and that it's an unnecessary default (I love that.) It seems like in fanfics it's too easy for Angela to slip into the ole of an unreasonable scolding shrew (balanced out by people like me who maybe give JC a little too much slack to counter that) - you've found a really nice balance in a scene that has been written and rewritten and then written some more :)
Slowly finding the time to start from the beginning in the story, looking forward to it!
jayley chapter 30 . 1/14/2013
just finished watching this show on netflix, came over to fanfiction and read your whole story:) it was a lovely finish to the show, and i think you actually nailed quite a few of the characters!
Guest chapter 30 . 11/23/2012
I've really enjoyed this story. I like how you ended it too except I would have loved it more if you had given us some steamy details of Angela & Jordan's first time! :)
drugstorecowgirl08 chapter 30 . 11/23/2012
I'm so sad it's over! Beautiful story, well-written, with thoughtful dialogue and thorough character development. You also managed to stay true to the characters of the show while developing them, which is an outstanding achievement. I like how you left things sort of open-ended and hopeful, because things don't have to be neat and perfect in order to be over, but there is enough there to feel satisfied. Thank you so much for writing and standing by your story, it has been a real pleasure to read and review!
PiratelfDair chapter 29 . 11/16/2012
I've just read this through and you are an incredible writer! Thank you SO much for this! I wish you had 29 more chapters in you, at least! I really appreciate that you had Jordan tested and he showed high intelligence! Hallie and Vic both said so, thanks so much for incorporating it! I also thought that Bernice Krakow was spot on! We didn't get a lot of info about them, and really only heard her yelling at Brian, but she was just like I imagined! Foster is just evil enough to do something like this to Richard. You notice that gigantic paddle he has on his wall? Brain's parents should have sued him into next week! Thanks for giving Danielle some attention too, I have to say I always felt sorry for her, she seemed a little neglected. Anyway, wonderful story! I'll be waiting for more!
jera26 chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
Keep me coming. It makes my day when a new chapter is added. Love this story.
drugstorecowgirl08 chapter 29 . 11/9/2012
Great action-filled chapter. I like how you centered it around the premise of Angela and Jordan's future, but managed to have so many other things go on simultaneously. Highlights for me included: Brian at Louie's with Jordan, Rayanne and Corey getting it on, and Angela & Jordan's completely dichotomous views of the future. I'm really anxious to see how you wrap things up!
isadomi chapter 29 . 11/9/2012
I guess Rayanne is finaly letting herself have new fellings. Love your story
Boolochka06 chapter 28 . 10/11/2012
Kind of feels like there is a chapter missing between 27 and 28.
Corbie chapter 28 . 10/8/2012
Nice work, Pansyass! This chapter has lots of lively dialogue that sounds on target and in character.

I'm happy someone else out there remembers what a karass is.
drugstorecowgirl08 chapter 28 . 10/6/2012
Yay, update! My favourite parts of this chapter: Angela discussing her lack of privacy with her friends and Rayanne threatening to turn her first time into a project, Rickie & Frank's conversation, and Rayanne & Corey's interaction. You made a lot of significant events unfold without making it feel forced. I'm curious to see if anything develops between Sharon and Tino, as well as how you are going to finish up the Graham/Patti storyline. Loved it.
Knotty Ink chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
Please keep going. I love this story.
isadomi chapter 27 . 9/27/2012
Nice, love your story, cant wait for your update