Reviews for A Very Different Gift
Demons4eva chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
well this was different, I was shown this story by a friend of mine and I could not imagine E with Alec, but this was a different kind of Edward, and he was suited to the Volturi and to Alec

thanks for writing this little o/s I enjoyed it
ChefJayla chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
I read this as a Yuletwi'd 2010 post and loved it... so happy to see that it was you who wrote such a lovely slash offering. Thank you :-)
raizie chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
Wow. Not my usual style, but since it was from you, I had to give it a try. It'a amazing how different this story is, yet how much I hear your voice. I really like the way you found a way to channel your homoerotic Edward/Carlisle theories into this piece. Good job.
seriouslysirius08 chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
All right, I did not expect to read something like this when I saw that you had uploaded another story. I have to admit that I was a bit surprised, since you tend to write more canon fics (although I think its great that writers show their flexibility in their writing).

Since I was a little bit more than shocked I decided to go to your livejournal page and read what you had to say about this story, and Im grateful that I did. I think you explained it fairly well and that gave me perspective about this piece.

I have to say that when I see slash fics I close the window and refuse to read it. I am just not into reading about males with males or females with females, I just dont like it at all. Dont mistake me, I am not against gay people, at all.

I actually made it through reading this one (yay for me) and I have to say that I wouldnt have read it if it hadnt had your name on it. The fact is that you write so delicately and gracefully that I know tat Im in safe hands when I read something from you. I am grateful though that it wasnt Carlisle/Edward, thats something I cant bear to read. I

think its because I have a little crush on Carlisle, ha ha.

I think you managed to make the love scene really beautiful, they tend to get a little meaningless when you read them in any story, there has to be something behind it and I tink you mangaged to do it fairly well. Edward being gay is very interstig to read, and I actually read the essay you posted on your livejournal page which did give Edward good reasons to be at least sexually attracted to males. It is a thought I havent thought about, and I tink its amazing that some writers do have the insight and the imagination to see beyond the characters.

Although I think I do perefer the canon characters. But I admire the courage to bring a new sight into characters we all know and love.
fuzzyltlwingedthing chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
You know I usually don't like slash, but that was beautifully handled and absolutely brilliant!
chele681 chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
I thought this was handled beautifully. The characterization of Alec gave him such depth, and just a tang of bitterness appropriate for his situation. I am left with a feeling of hope for these two, which is kind of awesome considering the circumstances.

Very well done. Thank you for sharing this little "could have been canon" moment.
V3GG13vamp chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
Well, I never thought the day would come when someone made me feel sympathy towards Alec, but upon reading:

"Not something Edward was likely to feel even if he weren't under the influence of Alec's gift, he thought bitterly. Like all of him, that part was not fully mature."

I couldn't help my immediate reaction of "Awww, bless!"

Very well written but my gosh wouldn't it be just awful living in a place where your thoughts are constantly known by the boss! x
LittleWing2 chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
You know, I thought would hate that, but I didn't at all. Very nice job. Passionate, feral, yet somehow sweet.
ArcadianMaggie chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
I really loved this. Such a great description and use of the various canon gifts. I especially enjoyed the little details such as the chess game between Jane and Chelsea, and this:

"The ancient one had to bend to speak to him, which Alec found annoying. He had been tall for his age before he and his sister had been captured, but now he was forever trapped in a body that was still more boy than man—feminine, skinny, the angular features that would have defined his maturity having never set into place."

Wonderful.

Thank you for sharing mothlights' gift with us!
LizzyAtTheLake chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
this is a sweet story about a painfully lonely, pre-twi, vamp existence. I like the angle
joss859 chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
beautifully written as always.
musicdaydreams chapter 1 . 1/26/2011
Your characters always have such depth. I think it's so interesting the way Alec thinks of Edward as the child, yet at the same time, acknowledges that he himself is so childlike physically. It's very dichotomous. But I also do think the even if Alec doesn't see it, Edward is a bit less childlike psychologically, too. Maybe it's the heartache he's endured.

Anyway, I liked this - you really are opening up my horizons to some of these secondary characters that I never really thought that much about.
manywords chapter 1 . 1/26/2011
Interesting & different. I liked it!
deenerneener chapter 1 . 1/26/2011
Cool! This was a different little story, actually quite different from what I usually expect from you.

Very well done!

Thanks to your requester, too.

All the best!
vampireisthenewblack chapter 1 . 1/26/2011
I adored this story. I felt like I got a two for one in the Make the Yuletwi'd Gay exchange because Mothlights prompt was so like mine. Makes for a very happy vamp :D
32 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »