Reviews for Long Way, or, South America, What's It To You
RicardianScholar Clark-Weasley chapter 1 . 3/3/2011
so very cute
OneAsBeautifulAsYou chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
That's brilliant! I was hoping someone would write a fic about that scene! Great job - characterization was spot on, and it was utterly adorable!

DiegoRedeemedLover chapter 1 . 1/26/2011
Hi again SummerStarWatcher! :-) This is FANTASTIC! :D And oh, I really should finish Three O'Clock in the Morning sometime soon... :S

By the way, you capture Tom's voice perfectly! And brava for you for taking expanding an instance only described ever so briefly between the two on the blog - Rose's sorrow was obvious, and Tom's rather nonchalant (this IS Tom..) attitude about it rather drove me mad when I first read that post..

I love this part: [She won't be happy. I know she won't. The last time we went that long without talking was the first summer I was back in America after living here.

We both went crazy.

And it will happen again this time. I know it.

I know I can't go for two months without hearing Rose, seeing her words on my computer, without giving her lyrics to critique and seeing her pictures in return. I worry that she will forget me, or that she will replace me, or that someone else will get to her first. I don't want to leave because it will feel like she's leaving me, not the other way around. And I just can't deal with that.

And I know she can't either. And I know she's going to be upset, at least as upset as I am.]

I also adore how you keep this part from the Blog in - the part that made me Squee inside - when Tom and Rose stare into each other's eyes.

[I look at her and look at her, staring into her pure, cobalt eyes until she cannot look away. I keep waiting for her to jump up in protest, to tell me to stay, but she doesn't.

"Yep," I say. When that doesn't cause a reaction either, I finish it up with a question intended to bring out the response I want. "So what's it to you, Permanent Rose?"] And poor Tom, trying so hard to subtly let Rose know he likes it only for her not to give him the response he is hoping for.

And the ending! Pure heartwarming! Quotes again: [Then I relax, and smile. I know Tom, and I know he won't do that. I close the book, suddenly in much better spirits than I have been in for days. Ever since I heard about Tom's trip.

I laugh and run upstairs, filled with a sense of relief.

Tom has drawn in a little thought bubble from his head.

Inside is a rose.]

That is so sweet what Tom did. :D :D

Until next time, me :)

God bless,

DiegoRedeemedLover aka DRL.

P.S. I will review on chapter five of Mismanagement SOON. My other fanfiction stuff (I am currently working on a synopsis for an Ice Age story that is close to 8,000 words - and Three O'Clock in the Morning still needs finished augh) has been keeping me busy, but hopefully I should do it ASAP!

God bless again, me.