Reviews for John Hughes is a Big Fat Liar
Love this!
Alison Hewitts chapter 1 . 11/11/2013
Thank you for writing this. I think you did a really great job and you nailed Olive's dry sense of humour.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/30/2013
First Easy A fic…now who's the unlucky act to follow?

Seriously, from the title to the final lines, this is what a good fic should be like.

The Good

Title - Interesting enough to catch my attention, makes sense when the story is read.
Summary - While not the most shocking summary ever, it does a great job setting the stage for the story. When combined with the title, it becomes even better.
Characters are IC - It sounds exactly like Olive!
Spelling and grammar - Few if any mistakes.
Pacing - Not too short, but not dragged out, and making this a one shot was definitely the way to go.
Ideas/plot - Maybe lacking a little originality, but taking an old idea (in this case, what happens after the movie/show/comic/book) and doing it right, improving upon it, is what many great authors do.
Realistic - YES! There is no way one web show changed most people's opinions. High school is an effed up place, and people can be pretty rotten.

The Decent

Todd - I chalk this up to him being in a side plot, that felt thrown in for the sake of a romantic interest. From what I can tell this is how he would act, but who really knows?

The Bad

The Ugly

How People Treat Others Who Are Different In High School

When I write a review, I want to be very critical, because how will you improve? But for this particular story, I just can't see anything. And because of my perfectionist nature when it comes to reviews, that is one achievement to be proud of.
Quorkin chapter 1 . 7/25/2013
This is officially the end of "Easy A" now and forever for me.
Lisa chapter 1 . 6/23/2013
I love your writing, no matter what fandom! You keep it real, while allowing us fangirls the little romanitcisms that we so crave. Good work!
miyame-chan chapter 1 . 5/17/2013
i can't believe that this is only a one-shot, but at the same time i think it's great to leave it as it is. :)
you totally catured olive's character! it's almost as if i can hear emma stone narrating this in my head.
naughtsandcrosses chapter 1 . 4/14/2013
ugh perfect. I love that your writing style is just like the way Olive talks, speaks, and how her personality is. I could literally hear Emma Stone speaking to me inside my head. Loved it!
lambtastic chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
Aww this is so sweet. The people in Olive's school are the worst. I hope Mr. Griffth believed Olive. I think he did according to the movie.
fourteen miles away chapter 1 . 2/12/2013
I loved this! And even though they're not in my 'Pairings That Will Last Forever' list, they're still pretty damn cute.
IHeartArchuleta chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
This was incredible. I felt like this could have easily been a continuation to the movie, and Todd & Olive were both spot-on character-wise. Keep it up! :)
MissBumpy chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
Amazahzing! I love it! Great story with no mistakes ( that my eyes could have found). :)
thelazyasian chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
Reading this, I totally imagined Emma Stone narrating it. Absolutely perf
Sky Chocoluv chapter 1 . 9/17/2012
YAAY UPDATE!
tiffany.turner.92 chapter 1 . 9/2/2012
Good job. You definitely stayed true to the Olive's character.
HopefulMe chapter 1 . 8/21/2012
I wouldn't call him a better guy than Judd Nelson cause those are pretty hard to come across, but he is in the area of awesomeness. Completely out of the blue, I would too, love it if my life was being directed by the genius that is John Hughes. I would want the Judd Nelson fist-pump, and the random Ferris musical number. Cause come on, who doesn't love the bad boy and that guy we all know who loves to burst out into random, scarily good singing routines?

Anyway, onto the fic. I love how you managed to capture the amazing dialogue between the characters. You wrote this really well and I really love it. It's deep but at the same time hilarious, its just a perfect mix of both.