Reviews for John Hughes is a Big Fat Liar
deyniphoebe04 chapter 1 . 7/25/2014
Okay this might be just my favorite story of your i literally read all that in emaa stone's voice as if it really were part of the movie! It's sooo beautiful. And you write some really great stories i swear. Keep it up! :) xx
erica.phoenix16 chapter 1 . 6/22/2014
What a nice little one shot. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 3/29/2014
Love this!
Alison Hewitts chapter 1 . 11/11/2013
Thank you for writing this. I think you did a really great job and you nailed Olive's dry sense of humour.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/30/2013
First Easy A fic…now who's the unlucky act to follow?

Seriously, from the title to the final lines, this is what a good fic should be like.

The Good

Title - Interesting enough to catch my attention, makes sense when the story is read.
Summary - While not the most shocking summary ever, it does a great job setting the stage for the story. When combined with the title, it becomes even better.
Characters are IC - It sounds exactly like Olive!
Spelling and grammar - Few if any mistakes.
Pacing - Not too short, but not dragged out, and making this a one shot was definitely the way to go.
Ideas/plot - Maybe lacking a little originality, but taking an old idea (in this case, what happens after the movie/show/comic/book) and doing it right, improving upon it, is what many great authors do.
Realistic - YES! There is no way one web show changed most people's opinions. High school is an effed up place, and people can be pretty rotten.

The Decent

Todd - I chalk this up to him being in a side plot, that felt thrown in for the sake of a romantic interest. From what I can tell this is how he would act, but who really knows?

The Bad

The Ugly

How People Treat Others Who Are Different In High School

When I write a review, I want to be very critical, because how will you improve? But for this particular story, I just can't see anything. And because of my perfectionist nature when it comes to reviews, that is one achievement to be proud of.
U.O. Zyzpm chapter 1 . 7/25/2013
This is officially the end of "Easy A" now and forever for me.
Lisa chapter 1 . 6/23/2013
I love your writing, no matter what fandom! You keep it real, while allowing us fangirls the little romanitcisms that we so crave. Good work!
miyame-chan chapter 1 . 5/17/2013
i can't believe that this is only a one-shot, but at the same time i think it's great to leave it as it is. :)
you totally catured olive's character! it's almost as if i can hear emma stone narrating this in my head.
naughtsandcrosses chapter 1 . 4/14/2013
ugh perfect. I love that your writing style is just like the way Olive talks, speaks, and how her personality is. I could literally hear Emma Stone speaking to me inside my head. Loved it!
lambtastic chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
Aww this is so sweet. The people in Olive's school are the worst. I hope Mr. Griffth believed Olive. I think he did according to the movie.
Bee Ah chapter 1 . 2/12/2013
I loved this! And even though they're not in my 'Pairings That Will Last Forever' list, they're still pretty damn cute.
GhostofaGirl15 chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
This was incredible. I felt like this could have easily been a continuation to the movie, and Todd & Olive were both spot-on character-wise. Keep it up! :)
MissBumpy chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
Amazahzing! I love it! Great story with no mistakes ( that my eyes could have found). :)
ughmanda chapter 1 . 11/4/2012