Reviews for Approaching Ragnarok
CNome chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
Wow! This is deep, and touching in a very heart-broken way. Unrequited love is in itself a tragedy. Especially with a man as cold and feared as Sephiroth, who has no one else and never will, and Zack, who is truly a caring friend but cannot force himself to feel more.

Reading this makes me wish that Zack could fall in love with Sephiroth, but doing so would take away some of the greatness of this story. The way you describe Sephiroth's feelings, through Zack, is just incredible!

Thank you for writing this!
kittycatsnak chapter 1 . 4/4/2009
This was beyond excellent; they were perfectly in character.
hork chapter 1 . 1/22/2008
AWESOME!

Besides some non-canon-ness, which is okay since this was written 5 years before crisis core, but I love... everything about this fic. AWESOME!
The-MarmaladeCat1 chapter 1 . 11/26/2006
Beautifully written, as ever. You characterisation of Sephiroth is perfect.
Vermillion Dragoness chapter 1 . 11/10/2006
I really liked this when I first read it, and reading it again it still hits me in all the right places T_T so sad. Even more sad is this is all you've written for this fandom :( Good luck with the Naruto stuff though! :)
FuschiaFinn chapter 1 . 9/3/2006
Very, very good. Positively haunting really.
Ryvian chapter 1 . 10/17/2005
I liked it a lot. It's very nice to see a pre-Nibelheim Sephiroth fic where he's actually in character.
acern chapter 1 . 9/3/2005
Aw! ;_; Poor... poor Sephiroth! Poor Zack! I feel so bad for them both... ;_;
luvlegolotz aka AshleyD chapter 1 . 2/5/2005
Now this is what I call fanfiction. Thank you thank you thank you. It's rare to find something this good. I've added it to my favorite stories. It's wonderful and you should be very proud of yourself.
Bahmyu chapter 1 . 6/3/2004
Damn, that is one awesomely well written piece of writing. And it seems as if it would truly be something as part of the game. This was definetly worthwile.
Baconfat chapter 1 . 5/12/2002
Oh, WOW. This is AMAZING. This is beautifully written, a private look at Sephiroth and Zack that's got me seeing them in a whole new light. I love the mood you've captured here, the tension, as well as Sephiroth's desperate want to find out about his origins. The ending is perfect, sad, frightening, and foreboding. *sigh* I wish I had this kind of talent. Wow, again. Great work. I've never thought of these characters that way. And I love the background info - Zack's relationship with Aeris, the politics of Shinra, Scarlett's machinations. And I gotta agree with you on Hojo being the true villain of the game. Again, this is a beautiful piece of work. I'm awestruck. You are truly talented. I look forward to reading more of your stuff.
Syvia chapter 1 . 3/21/2002
Ohhhh yeah! *smiles* As always, your portrayal of the characters is wonderful, the little details are amazing (Zack taking Cloud's name off the SOLDIER list) and the depth and the- the... WHOLE DAMN THING! Wonderful!
Renmazuo chapter 1 . 3/20/2002
Very nice. I'm not bothered by the yaoi implication in the slightest, I actually think it adds a little depth to Sephiroth's character. Zack and Sephiroth were completely kept in character (though I don't have much of Zack to base that on, I think you pulled him off incredibly well), and the story itself gives a much deeper insight into the relationship of the two. It also adds a deeper sense of loss for Zack, in retrospect of the game. Great work.
eradicating chapter 1 . 3/20/2002
A very nicely written piece of pre-game fic. Write more!