Reviews for The Ties That Bind
MMWillow13 chapter 4 . 2/25/2011
Perhaps it's time to do a bonding between Giles and Buffy and some extra protection work on their home.
Littleotter73 chapter 4 . 2/25/2011
Definitely relieved to see that Buffy and the baby are ok. And our old pal Garbledygook... uh, er... Gorgolek seriously needs to be less cryptic. Poor Giles, the man is going to be totally frayed by the time it's all over.
rebelxxwaltz chapter 4 . 2/25/2011
Glad that Buffy turned out to be okay, although I sense that it was a false alarm rather than a long-standing guarantee of health and safety.

I think you did a really nice job describing Giles' nervousness at the hospital and how his worry affected the others. The emotions were nicely conveyed.

Our old pal Gorgolek wasn't particularly cooperative, was he? I wonder exactly what Giles would have to do in order for the demon to provide any help or answers, and whether he could become desperate enough to seek his help again... his words regarding Buffy certainly didn't seem very reassuring.

Don't worry about taking a bit of time between updates; it seems like all of us are kind of in a winter hibernation lately. Doesn't seem like anyone is updating much of anything, and everyone deserves a little break from time to time! That being said, I still hope you get a chance to add more soon. :)
MMWillow13 chapter 3 . 2/21/2011
Oh man, this is so not good, what's happening in the story. The story it's self is great and U hope you update soon the suspense is killing me!
rebelxxwaltz chapter 3 . 2/10/2011
Wow, these guys have got some problems. No luck with the research, Spike issues, potentially evil baby... and yucky dreams. :P

As much as I enjoy the drama and the suspense, I hope something good will eventually happen for Buffy and Giles. Their constant string of misfortunes definitely has me feeling sorry for them.

...I just hope Buffy isn't having GORGOLEK'S BABY! (gasp of horror) ;)
Jaims chapter 3 . 2/9/2011
Ah! I don't want them to have an evil baby!

Great story! I always look forward to these updates. It's amazing that you went from Faith pretending to be Buffy to Buffy's child might be evil! Props!
S.M.Hoffman chapter 3 . 2/9/2011
No! Ugh...I hate when happy things turn evil for Buffy and Giles. Update soon, please. The suspense is gonna kill me
rebelxxwaltz chapter 2 . 2/4/2011
I liked the scenes between Buffy and Spike. They had a sort of awkward tension that was enjoyable to read, and I was glad that you didn't make their relationship easy or overly simple.

Buffy and Giles certainly have plenty of complications of their own, too, hmm? They are so used to keeping things to themselves as a defense mechanism that they just end up hurting each other with secrets. Hopefully they'll get a handle on this dangerous habit of theirs before it causes more damage.

Bring on the next chapter, I'm waiting! :)
S.M.Hoffman chapter 2 . 2/2/2011
No, Buffy! Damn it...nothing bad better happen to her or the baby. Poor Giles and Buffy.

Anyways, great second chapter. Can't wait for the next
Littleotter73 chapter 2 . 2/2/2011
Hmm... Will Buffy admit to almost getting killed had it not been for Spike? Glad that Giles owned up to his dream. These two have got to learn that secretsbadness. Hopefully Spike will take over patrolling now that he's back.

There was the mention of Gargantua, I mean Gorgolek (do you know, I always have to go back and check the spelling of the demon's name? Seriously!). So... of course, I have to comment on it.

Hopefully they can find out what the deal is with regards to her losing her Slayer's edge and the pregnancy.

Update soon! :)
KMacD chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
I'm eager to see how this pans out. I can't imagine you'd let this befall B&G!
Littleotter73 chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
You know... it is *never* good when Giles keeps stuff from Buffy. You'd think he'd learn by now...

I guess that's the last we'll see of Gorgonzola... uh... Gorgolek. Had to get one last one in.

So, bring it. Need more. :)
rebelxxwaltz chapter 1 . 1/28/2011
Hahaha I have to say, I'm actually happy to see Gorgolek again. I feel like the two of us are buds. He's not all that bad, really, just a little demony and annoyingly cryptic... oh, who am I kidding. He's bad. He is the bringer of bad news. Thanks a lot, Gorgolek! :P

The picture you painted of Buffy's pregnancy did seem a bit too good to be true, so the Gorgolek-delivered monkey wrench wasn't a big surprise. Or was it delivered by Giles' subconscious, with Gorgolek just serving as his mind's messenger? Not sure, but I would like to see how many times I can fit the word 'Gorgolek' into one review...

You said you're almost done with chapter 2, right? Well let's have it! :)
S.M.Hoffman chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
Fantastic start to the sequel! I loved the first story (although I'm not sure I ever reviewed it), and I love this one as well.

Update soon cos I wanna know what's up with the whole Buffy dying if she keeps Giles' baby
29 | « Prev Page 1 2