Reviews for A Day in the Life of Dwight Schrute
T chapter 1 . 10/12/2014
Jim started working at Dunder Mifflin before Pam came.
Kay chapter 3 . 10/27/2013
I really enjoyed this story! I think you did a great job capturing Dwight's character and writing from his POV. I would love to read more Office stories from you...
thaliabeth chapter 1 . 2/13/2013
A-are you god?
fishe153 chapter 3 . 7/28/2011
Very good story! I liked Jim's prank, a definite foreshadowing of his more technically demanding jello pranks later on XD

I really liked how Dwight referred to back problems as "back opportunities". Dwight's ridiculous life-view always makes him funny, and you played that to your advantage throughout the story, which is impressive.

I also felt genuinely bad for Dwight when he found the butt print near the tombstone. That's really disrespectful and hurtful. And building fences only to tear them down? That's awful. I'm surprised he hasn't tried electrified fences XD

Great work, as always!
fishe153 chapter 2 . 7/28/2011
Ah! I spoke (wrote) too soon! You did have Pam's bit from "Launch Part" in there. Once again, great narration! It's a challenge to always write in the perspective of someone with as strange a personality as Dwight's but you make it seem effortless.

It was clever how you had Dwight pretend to off-handedly compare Angela to Pam. I really liked how you wrote Kelly's voice as a dull, high pitched stream.

William Joel? I laughed out loud at that part. Also when Dwight thought that Michael had a great sense of humor. Speaking of Michael, it was really cool that you had him ask about Sprinkles. It really shows his sensitive side, and in 'Fun Run' (is that what the episode's called?) he seems really concerned about Sprinkles, so this reflects that.

Also, excellent Pizza by Alfredo reference :D

Great work, and I look forward to chapter 3.
fishe153 chapter 1 . 7/28/2011
The use of Dwight's voice in the narration was fantastic. Consistently right on, and always funny just because it sounds like Dwight, even when jokes weren't being made.

I really liked how his rooster's name was Bismarck. Very much like Dwight, and I don't remember that ever being mentioned in the show, so I assume you made that up. Very nice.

I like how you foreshadowed the jello pranks by having Dwight say he hated jello. I laughed out loud when he said it wasn't a weakness but a "strength that Jim could use against him". Dwight is so funny!

Although I was disappointed in one area. In the episode "Launch Party" (I believe) Jim and Pam are on the roof together telling each other the moments they first liked each other, and Jim asks Pam if she remembers what she said to him on his first day before going to his desk and she says: "Yeah, enjoy this moment because you will never be able to go back to this time before you met your deskmate Dwight." I was hoping for it, but it's a small detail (it may even come up in your later chapters, I don't know). You did a great job introducing the characters in your way, so I respect that too.

Great work!
StarStrewn chapter 3 . 2/7/2011
Perfect ending! Absolutely hilarious. ]

Jim is a wolf in Jim's clothing.

Literally the best line ever.
Angelic Gemstone chapter 3 . 2/7/2011
Haha, would you look at that...Jim's very first prank on Dwight. XD Loved it.

By the way, did you make up Dwight's babysitter? 'Cause I remember there was that one lady in the episode, 'Dinner Party' (I think that's what it's called), who went as Dwight's date and said she was his babysitter, when really she was just some random lady he picked up from the streets. XD

Well anyway, great story. I really enjoyed it. I'll definitely be sure to check out your next Office fic. :)
epicpickleninja chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
hehe. wow. your Dwight is awesome! That's exactly how i would think Dwight's thought process would work :) and plus this is about the first day Jim comes which i always find interesting ;) can't wait to see where this story goes! (and yes i realize you have another chapter posted but my internet is about to be turned off so yeah...*sigh*)
Angelic Gemstone chapter 2 . 2/4/2011
"For some reason, the sight of her tight grip on the papers sets off a deep rumble in my loins." XD Oh my God, I swear, your Dwight language is dead-on. Absolutely dead-on.

Also, this part made me smile: "driving it in circles on the beet fields after the harvest while Mose runs behind" XDD I can totally picture that. Such a lovely image.

I really like all the references you make to episodes of the show itself. You know the show really well.

Well, anyway, another great chapter. I look forward to reading the last one.
StarStrewn chapter 2 . 2/1/2011
Another awesome chapter. I'm so impressed with how you stay in character! It's very perfect. ] Nice work.
Angelic Gemstone chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
Wow, this is absolutely fantastic! It's well-written and extremely in-character. You've got Dwight pegged down perfectly.

I look forward to reading the other two chapters. :D Great work so far. I can't wait to read more. I'm definitely going to favorite and alert this.
StarStrewn chapter 1 . 1/28/2011
Oh my gosh, this is brilliant! You got Dwight perfectly! I can't wait for the next few chapters. You kept everyone in character really well and it was interesting seeing things from Dwight's point of view.

P.S That line about the radishes was genius! I had to laugh.