Reviews for Through Muggleborn Eyes: Year Five
JJ Rust chapter 36 . 11/7/2011
Really good chapter. Excellent job of getting into Bryt's head throughout. I especially liked how she finally learned how to perform a Patronus. Nice little mental journey there to find the solution. This was also one of the best "big sister" scenes for Bryt, shown especially by the way she gripped Mike's arm when Dobby warned them, and then all her worries about Drew being expelled. I can't wait to see how she'll handle the fallout of the DA's discovery and Dumbledore's leaving.

Some typos I spotted:

"calm down and looking around" should be "calm down and look around"

"her racing hard" should be "her racing heart"

"she knew we couldn't take" should be "she knew she couldn't take."

PatronusRose5909 chapter 36 . 10/30/2011
AAAAHHHHHHH! WE FINALLY KNOW! I LOVED IT! This washer perfect patronus great job! :) I loved how you always give us a nice amount of romance too, not to much but its there! Can't wait till the next chapter!
JJ Rust chapter 35 . 10/30/2011
Good chapter. I really liked how you brought out Bryt's excitement about having a class taught by a centaur. The line about Firenze teaching adding and subtracting was wicked cool.

One typo I picked up: "really liked horse" should be "really liked horses"

I feel this is a calm before the storm chapter. Looking forward to what lies ahead. Keep up the good work.
PatronusRose5909 chapter 35 . 10/29/2011
Great chapter! I liked Bryt's fascination with Firenze! :) But you cut it off right at the moment I've been waiting for since PoA! :) lol Can't wait till the next chapter! :)
JJ Rust chapter 34 . 10/24/2011
Pretty good chapter. I thought you did an excellent job of getting into Bryt's head when Umbridge fired Trelawney, and showed how much empathy she has for a person she doesn't really like all that much, but is in horrible circumstances all the same.

One typo I caught: "who saw Harry an interview" should be "who saw Harry's interview"

Oh yeah, Bryt getting on Ron for his reaction to the photo of the hot witch, classic!

Looking forward to the next chapter.
JJ Rust chapter 33 . 10/23/2011
Great chapter! Excellent, excellent job of getting into Bryt's head. I also thought this was one of the better Bryt/Ron chapters, as she tries to help him with his confidence issues, yet knowing just how far she can go in telling him to get over it before he gets POed.

Bryt's thoughts about the problems with the Gryffindor Quidditch team were spot on! Trust me, I've seen my fair share of teams that were a collection of individuals instead of a team. This year's Boston Red Sox & Philadelphia Eagles are perfect examples. Grrrrr! I also liked Bryt's realization of why Harry & Ron are so nervous before they're Quidditch matches.

Enjoyed this a lot. Looking forward to reading the next chapter.
PatronusRose5909 chapter 33 . 10/19/2011
AWWWW. Poor Ron. Another amazing chapter I like Bryt's description of the Quidditch team I think it was spot on. :)
JJ Rust chapter 32 . 10/13/2011
Good chapter. I really liked your beginning paragraphs. Great hook as Bryt wakes up already expecting something bad to happen. And her thought about couldn't something go right just once this year I think perfectly sums up the air of Book 5. I know I had those thoughts when I was reading it.

Nice bit with Bryt hanging out with her brothers for their birthday. Again it shows more of her big sister quality. I also like this new element of Bryt's mother being friends with the Muggle-born witch. We'll see if that helps her get over her issues with the Wizarding World.

One typo I caught: "easier is she understood" should be "easier if she understood."

JJ Rust chapter 31 . 9/29/2011
Not a bad chapter. Feels like more of a bridge chapter, getting them back to Hogwarts and setting up for some serious stuff to come. Loved Bryt throwing out the Area 51 reference. I'd love to see her mention it in passing to Luna if the opportunity ever comes up.

Bryt's line about the Knight Bus, "the death trap disguised as transportation." GREAT LINE! I also liked the little bit she had with Ron after their trip on it.

A couple typos I caught: "Bryt had yet to have a single good day that remained one at Hogwarts." Awkward sounding sentence.

"the look turned onto" should be "the look turned into"

Looking forward to the next chapter. Have a good one.
PatronusRose5909 chapter 31 . 9/28/2011
Yay! Mr. Weasley is better! Boo, poor Harry extra lessons with Snape, yuck! This was a great chapter! Keep up the good work! :)
JJ Rust chapter 30 . 8/23/2011
Excellent chapter. One of your best incorporations of Bryt's thoughts into a scene straight out of the book. I really, really liked Bryt's reaction to Neville and his grandmother. I guess she learned the hard way that while she's not having the sort of Christmas she wants, other people have it rough. Her scolding of Ron was humorous, and the way she got emotional over Neville's situation, to the point of tears, showed a much softer side to Bryt that we usually don't see. Just a very well done scene.

I also enjoyed the scene with Lockhart. No surprise Bryt would not have pleasant thoughts about the guy.

**"Taught you everything you know, I expect, did I?"

"You taught us not to let Cornish Pixies out of a cage."**

Oh my God, I almost fell out of my chair laughing. Great line!

One of your best chapters in this story so far. Excellent writing. Excellent exploration of Bryt's thoughts, especially how much she hates hospitals, and at the end she seems to hate them even more.

Looking forward to the next chapter.
PatronusRose5909 chapter 30 . 8/22/2011
Two more wonderful chapters! I like how you described Bryt's fear of hospitals. . . it made her seem more human in a way. I couldn't help myself I started laughing when Bryt wanted to shove Lockhart quill up his nose, that struck me as funny. Can't wait 'till the next chapter! I hope its soon! :)
JJ Rust chapter 29 . 8/19/2011
Yikes, what a depressing Christmas for Bryt. Still, great job capturing her emotions. You could really feel how much she wanted to be with her family, and I like the little details you added on a typical Watkins family Christmas without making it sound like an info-dump. Also, cool stuff about Ron's gift-giving to Bryt now that they're a couple.

I'll be interested to see how Bryt reacts to being at St. Mungo's, especially as she doesn't like hospitals. Oh yeah, and there's still the meeting with Lockhart. Won't that be fun.

JJ Rust chapter 28 . 8/12/2011
Excellent chapter for probling Bryt's thoughts on everything happening. I'm sure she would be worried about what her mom would think spending the holidays at the Weasleys'. I know Bryt's trying to convince herself things will be fine with her mother, but something tells me we're headed for a rift with that relationship.

The Knight Bus was a riot, with them getting thrown around an Bryt never wanting to ride the thing again. Great descriptions in that scene.

I also liked Bryt setting Harry straight, and her surprise at Hermione's Sofi-like behavior.

A few typos I caught: "whispers to her brother" should be "whispers to her brothers"

"The Weasley's" should be "The Weasleys' "

"Impediment Jin" should be "Impediment Jinx"

Looking forward to the next chapter. Keep up the good work.
PatronusRose5909 chapter 28 . 8/11/2011
Uh-oh! Mama's not gonna be happy about this predicament! But a person can't blame for wanting to be there for her boyfriend and best friend can they? :) I loved it can't wait till another chapter comes up! :)
76 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »