Reviews for Through Muggleborn Eyes: Year Five
JJ Rust chapter 27 . 8/2/2011
Good chapter. I absolutely cracked up with Ron's sputtering scene after saying he found Bryt annoying during second year. Classic Ron Weasley foot in mouth disease. Been there, done that myself.

You handled the Quidditch scene well, especially delving into some of Bryt's doubts on the pitch. She's not as bad as Ron in that regard, but it would be the normal level of doubt and nerves most people would get in these sorts of situations.

Oh yeah, I had another laughing outburst with Bryt scolding Ron for asking Harry if he and Cho kissed. "How would you like it if someone asked how our snogging time went?" I love me good one-liners.

Yes, this was a good day chapter, and it was needed after everything they endured this semester. But your ending. Since we know what's coming up, I have only one word to describe it. Ominous.

Keep up the good work.
kitcool chapter 27 . 8/1/2011
Please write more and can you write more on bryt and ron's relationship

Make them more lovey-dovey or something they are so cute together
PatronusRose5909 chapter 27 . 8/1/2011
I loved the humor in this chapter, Ron just has to open his mouth doesn't he? I really liked how it wasn't depressing (most of the 5th book is, isn't it?) I can't wait to see how she handles Mr. Weasley's attack. Keep up the good work! :)
JJ Rust chapter 26 . 7/30/2011
Again, Another good job of enhancing a scene from the book with Bryt's thoughts. You could really feel her anger throughout this entire story. Also, I think we see some maturity on Bryt's part where she did keep her cool . . . barely.

Looking forward to the next chapter.
PatronusRose5909 chapter 26 . 7/30/2011
I wish could punch her too. :) Another extraordinary chapter, I just love reading these sequences in Bryt's PoV. I can't but wish I could see Ron's thoughts on Bryt though, hehe. :)
JJ Rust chapter 25 . 7/27/2011
And hear you were worried about writing this chapter. Excellent job of combining Bryt's thoughts into the Hagrid scene, especially with her worry over Hagrid getting the boot by Toadface. I also loved the bit about the dragon meat and how disgustung Bryt thought it looked.

One typo I caught: "since I felt" should be "since I left."

Looking forward to the next chapter. Keep up the good work.
PatronusRose5909 chapter 25 . 7/26/2011
Ugh, Umbridge is such a toad isn't she? Another terrific chapter, I really like Bryt's insight on Hagrid's lessons. Can't wait till the next chapter! :]
JJ Rust chapter 24 . 7/23/2011
Very good chapter. You did a good job describing the Quidditch action. Bryt's actions during the match were great! Now that's an overly supportive girlfriend if there ever was one. Constantly shouting, feeling the blow of every goal Ron let in. Perfect, believable reactions. And you did a brilliant job with their conversation after the match. I thought Bryt's thoughts on jealousy were very revealing. Given how so many people are better at her at so many things, it's amazing she's not as melancholy as Ron. But it does show that, under the surface, she does have some self-confidence issues. That makes her such a flesh-and-blood character, especially for a teenager. And Ron's reactions were totally in character. Knowing his moodiness, nothing Bryt cold say could break him out of his bad mood.

Excellent job! Looking forward to the next chapter.
PatronusRose5909 chapter 24 . 7/22/2011
I loved the Ron/Bryt interaction in this chapter. I like how she wants to comfort him but can't find the right words. :)
JJ Rust chapter 23 . 7/22/2011
Pretty good chapter. Excellent use of Bryt's thoughts through the first DA meeting, looking out for her brothers, being happy with Harry and Cho's attraction for each other, and her wondering how she will do if she gets into a real magical fight. I think I would have liked to have seen Bryt interact with her brothers a little, maybe helping them out a little, and showing off her big sister side again.

Keep up the good work.
PatronusRose5909 chapter 23 . 7/20/2011
Great chapter! They finally had a practice, I cant wait to see what her patronus will be though. I've been picturing a bird of some sort. :)
JJ Rust chapter 22 . 7/17/2011
Good chapter. Again, a lot of stuff right out of the book, but Bryt's thoughts enhanced it. I especially loved how she had a hard time deciding who to root for in a conflict between Snape and Umbridge. Sounds like my when the NY Giants play the Dallass Cowboys. Which team do I hate the least?

Great thoughts from Bryt on Sirius and his eagerness to have them form the DA. I especially like her concern on him always bringing up Harry's father at every opportunity. Yeah, it's like Sirius wants to relive his Hogwarts days.

Some typos I caught: "both of per brothers" should be "both of her brothers"

"time to think consider" should be "time to think"

"whole in the rug" should be "hole in the rug" (there's a curse you spellcheck moment).

Looking forward to the next chapters as we get more into the DA. Also, I'm interested to see Bryt's thoughts as Harry and Cho Chang become more serious. Oh yeah, Bryt's brothers in the DA should be fun, too.
PatronusRose5909 chapter 22 . 7/15/2011
Another great chapter! Loved it! :)
JJ Rust chapter 21 . 7/9/2011
Very good chapter, especially the way you incorporated Bryt's thoughts throughout the entire scene at the Hog's Head. And I totally dug her thoughts about Ernie MacMillan, how she was surprised he was so quiet and how he was probably thinking of a speech of his own. Also, nice bit of annoyance on Bryt's part when Ron was all POed about Ginny dating Corner.

One typo I caught: "to be probably trained" should be "to be properly trained"

I know, curse you spellcheck.

Now things are really going to get interesting. Looking forward to the upcoming chapters, especially if Bryt's brothers are going to be involved. Maybe even have a scene with Bryt and Parvati and Lavender, and "the giggle twins" thoughts and concerns about the DA.
PatronusRose5909 chapter 21 . 7/6/2011
Yay! Dumbledores's Army! :) Another great chapter, can't wait till the next one!
76 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »