Reviews for Through Muggleborn Eyes: Year Five
JJ Rust chapter 20 . 7/5/2011
Good chapter. Yeah, a lot of this came from the book, but again, Bryt's thoughts enhanced it. You can see her growing frustration about everything, and I did like her reaction to Harry's meltdown at the end of the chapter. I do think that Ron would be a lot more angry watching his girlfriend have her hand sliced up by Umbridge's magic quill.

So now we're on track for the DA getting together. Looking forward to that. Keep up the good work, and thanks for the note you had this up. I was out and about much of the 4th of July weekend.
PatronusRose5909 chapter 20 . 7/1/2011
Absolutely wonderful! :) I love how Ron is subtle and protective of Bryt!
PatronusRose5909 chapter 19 . 6/28/2011
Another lovely chapter! :) Keep up the good work!
JJ Rust chapter 19 . 6/28/2011
Good chapter, and a very AWESOME final scene with Bryt in detention. I could really feel all her anxiety leading up to using the special quill, and could feel her pain from the first cut. Some of your best writing so far! And I chuckled at her memory of time out in kindergarten, and how the boy with the bloody nose learned never to try and kiss her again. Wicked funny!

One typo I caught: "as she game towards" should be "as she came toward"

Looking forward to the next chapter.
JJ Rust chapter 18 . 6/17/2011
Good chapter. One of the things I really like here is Bryt's ever-changing attitude toward Sirius. Sort of, "Yeah, I like the guy, but . . ." Of course, given her feelings toward house elves, it's understandable. Still, it's interesting when you see one character have some negative opinions of a popular canon character, and just broadens Bryt's own personality and character.

One little typo I caught: "how he treated his lesser," should be "how he treated his lessers."

PatronusRose5909 chapter 18 . 6/14/2011
I've just finished the series up to this point and all I have to say is that you are a BEAUTIFUL writer! This story is amazing! I hope to see another chapter soon! )
Funkysam94 chapter 18 . 6/13/2011
hey great update! :)
JJ Rust chapter 17 . 6/11/2011
I must say, I am surprised . . . that it took Bryt this long to earn a detention with Toadface. Good stuff with showing Bryt trying to exercise some self-control, but ultimately failing. Then again, belting Malfoy isn't a bad thing, it's a good thing. The bits with Hermione were also pretty good, especially how Bryt and company seemed to get annoyed with her going on and on about the importance of homework. Even best friends can get on your nerves sometimes.

Can't wait to see what happens next, and how Ron will react when he sees scars on the back of Bryt's hand.

JJ Rust chapter 16 . 6/2/2011
Another good getting in Bryt's head chapter, especially with her fears over her mother's feelings on the magical world. I've always said that is something JKR never really explored in the books, how the parents of Muggle-borns reacted to the wizarding world. And in keeping with the spirit of the Harry Potter novels, we just can't enjoy nice things for long, can we? Bryt summed it up perfectly with wondering if they will ever have just one, normal, no-bad-things-happen day this year.

One typo I caught: "Then with Umbridge woman" should be "Then with this Umbridge woman."

Funkysam94 chapter 16 . 5/30/2011
i love it! update soon :)
JJ Rust chapter 15 . 5/29/2011
Good chapter, especially showing us Ron and Bryt's relationship. Bryt did a good job of pumping Ron up for tryouts, and also, in that scene with Harry, letting him know how silly it was keeping his tryouts a secret. Nice job of showing her worrying throughout the tryouts.

And I really did enjoy the argument between Bryt and Hermione. Just the right tone. It did not need to be a knock-down screaming match. Just a rather strong disagreement between friends, and I think with Bryt's personality, she would - eventually - see things from Harry's POV. Oh yeah, and in that scene, "not wanting to argue with Bryt any longer" should be "not wanting to argue with Hermione any longer"

Enjoyed the chapter a lot. But that last line, oh boy is Bryt in for a rude awakening, sooner rather than later.

JJ Rust chapter 14 . 5/7/2011
Pretty good chapter. Again, good job of inserting Bryt's thoughts throughout some of the scenes that were in the book, especially with the Weasley twins and their testing.

I really liked the assessment Bryt had of Luna, and how she somehow seems drawn to people with quirky personalities. Says a lot about her character. That and her lack of confidence in potions.

Some good Bryt & Ron time to build up their relationship. She is doing a good job of being a cheerleader for him.

Again, no typos I could find.

JJ Rust chapter 13 . 5/5/2011
Very good chapter. Yeah, a bunch of it was right out of the book, but you really enhanced it with all of Bryt's thoughts, from her annoyance at Divination to all her reactions in DADA. Good job, also, with the progression of Bryt's feelings toward Umbridge, going from being annoyed with her to fearing what this woman could do to hurt Hogwarts.

And now the fun really begins. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Oh yeah, no typos that I could see.

Keep up the good work.

P.S. Sorry I'm a bit behind. Things are busy for me this week with a bunch of our local high school and college teams in the post-season. Lots of stories to work on for the radio station.
JJ Rust chapter 12 . 5/1/2011
Not a bad chapter. I did enjoy the bit with Fred and George, and the fact Bryt seems to have a whole new respect for how they are thinking about their future plans outside of Hogwarts. I think the end of this could have been a little stronger.

One typo I caught: "miner breakdowns" should be "minor breakdowns."

Looking forward to the next chapter. I assume that will be Bryt's first DADA class with Toadface.
kitcool chapter 12 . 4/30/2011
please please continue write more please
76 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »