Reviews for Redux 2: The City of Blinding Lights
Fayari chapter 16 . 1/13/2012
Pretty 'ballsy' move of Batman there, Gar can't exactly transform while he on the other hand has a plethora of weapons that cost billions of dollars.

I like the fact that Batman genuinely cares for the common man, but I hate the vibe that he and Robin think they're so special being considered heroes without superpowers.
Fayari chapter 13 . 1/13/2012
Unfortunately, I don't know Calendar Man, but I do know you referenced Frank Boles, the Warden Sharp video, along with the Joker Belt Table at the start of the game.

I also got all the other villain references.
Fayari chapter 6 . 1/13/2012
From reading your fics, I've realized that I'm seriously repressed with regards to my violent tendencies.

How'd I figure that? Well, when Gar had Deadshot dead to rights, I was disappointed when he only crippled him to that extent. I was thinking more along the line of carving out his kneecaps, elbow joints, tongue, eyes, eardrums, and fingerbones. Every part of his body he could survive getting removed that makes him such a dangerous shot, or witness.

I know I would never do that in real life, but if I was in Gar's position, I'd probably wish I had the guts to do so.
bbthechamp1 chapter 17 . 4/12/2011
wow this was such a good chapter, i was surprised that Garfield was taken out of the asylum by Amanda Waller, keep up the good work by the way im a long time reader and i love your work keep up the fantastic work
you know not chapter 17 . 3/23/2011
Wow, I'm surprised by how right I was in my last review. I'm guessing that Amanda Waller is going to put him through some sort of training or something to help him control that beast-man form of his. You’ve got to admit, not very many people are able to deny what batman wants from them. I can't help but wonder what everyone's reaction will be when they see Gar again. Another thing I've been thinking about lately is: who was it that kidnapped Dr. Light this whole time?
you know not chapter 16 . 3/22/2011
As I've said before, Gar just has a way with getting people to feel alright about him. Part of me was actually expecting him to plan on going to Africa sometime in story. I'm guessing that Gar wanted Harley to be his psychiatrist to subliminally remind her how good she was at it before she became a criminal, and in hope that she would choose a better life (like I said, this is a guess on my part).

I wonder what the prisoners of Arkham are planning that makes Ivy think Gar would want to join in. I somehow doubt after Batman's threat Gar would be willing to help him much in figuring out what the prisoners are planning. Okay, it sounds like no one knows where Scarecrow actually is considering that Batman himself was surprised that Gar has been talking to him. Wow, Batman sure is a self-righteous jerk in this (I normally just consider him a self-righteous idiot).

I'm thinking that Batman helped the warden in his decision of cutting off all of Gar's contact with the outside world. I somehow don't believe that the warden believes any of the stuff he told Harley himself. Harley practically said that if they stop letting Gar read or get mail he will go insane, and the warden should know that an insane person is more likely to go vigilante than a sane person is (that or the stupid ones). Man, everybody who's behind this better hope that Gar never finds out that they made life harder for him in the asylum.
you know not chapter 15 . 3/14/2011
I think this was a great chapter. I really like how you had Harley become Gar's psychiatrist, what with the fact she used to be one before she became a criminal. All of their conversations as she was shrinking him were interesting. When Gar says "Humans can't conquer nature but nature can easily conquer YOU." is he referring to how humans can't conquer their own nature, or does he actually mean nature nature?

Gar seems to be really making people in the asylum become afraid by how crazy he seems. Nice throw in with Two-Face there. I'm taking a wild guess (just a guess) that he knows Ripper, but is afraid of him.

The part I like the best is the ending to this chapter. Gar's finally saying practically the same thing as I've been saying for a while now. I understand that they threw him in prison (first), because he told them to treat him like anyone else who broke the law (that's half of it at least). The fact of the matter though is that all of those people he killed were dangerous gang members who were and/or have willingly kill(ed) innocent lives. Seriously, you think someone would have praised him for it. With him realizing this himself, Gar must have asked himself from time to time why he even is bothering with it.
you know not chapter 14 . 3/4/2011
It actually looked like there was a prison break going on, but it turned out to be just a dream. From what I'm hearing, it sounds like Scarecrow was never in Jump at all when he did all those things in your previous story (that surprised me). I like the way memories and reasons were compared to pictures and movies. Gar must really not have liked his psychiatrist if he got Scarecrow to give the guy night terrors. (Comment on AN's) Bringing Question in like that did indeed throw me off.

I really liked the interaction between Gar and Ivy. The guy certainly has a way of getting people intrigued at first with his ideas. That was amusing that he got slapped at the end of his time with Ivy (he's just so good at getting people mad at him). I was also amused at the end by Harley hitting him and muttering about him having a dirty mind.
Jack b chapter 13 . 3/3/2011
I can't wait for gar to meet ivy, she always was one of my favourite characters, it should be interesting with the whole 'nature' theme, can't forget green skin either :) update soon!
you know not chapter 13 . 3/1/2011
I recognize all but the great white shark villains of Batman that you mentioned. The only one that you have not mentioned by name that I do know the name of is Mr. Freeze. I'll admit that I don't know a lot about most of the ones that you've left nameless, but I do know of them. With all of that security that Arkham does have it does make you wonder how people keep on escaping. Seriously, you think by now the people who run the place would have an idea of how these prisoners think at times.

The guards all seem to be easily irritated at stuff, but I guess working in a place like Arkham while dealing with people like that anyone can lose their composer (I bet Batman himself would too if he actually worked at the place). No matter how many times someone tries to explain it, I'll never understand why no one seems to be even the slightest bit happy that the hundred people that Gar killed were all dangerous gang members who have murdered innocent people. I enjoyed the debate (or whatever you want to call it) that Gar and the Riddler had, and how he got on the Riddler's nerves after a while (even if Gar is more serious now he hasn't lost his touch with annoying people). It's kind of funny (not in the laughing matter of course) how there always has to be a reason that someone became a superhero/vigilante other than simply wanting to help people. (Comment on AN's) As air-headed as Harley Quinn may have been in the Batman: AS, she was perhaps the closest to actually killing him (episode "Mad Love").

How does everyone know that Gar is WM anyways? I have my own theories, but I just like to know. When the bad guys in Jump City found out did they just decide to tell the neighboring city criminals about it? Did Scarecrow tell about it when he returned to Gotham (assuming he did return)? As far as I remember Gar never used his Watchman name except with criminals and allies, and he always used his holo-ring when he used the name too. If you already answered this question and I forgot, then sorry.
Anonymous Void chapter 13 . 2/28/2011
Recognized the members of the rogue gallery, though I'm not sure if Freeze would be sent to Arkham. The animated series had him put in Blackgate but then again, I'm not too enveloped in the comics. For all I know, he could be sent to Arkham, though I know a couple who would definitely be sent to Blackgate, examples being Penguin, Bane, and Catwoman. Hush might fit the bill but he was never prosecuted and imprisoned as far as I know.

And Eddie's unused to having a challenge. First Batman, now Watchman. He might have to keep an eye on this one because as we all know, the Riddle has to know everything. Though, the description of the Riddle had me confused for a bit; thought he was Jervis Tetch for a bit. Maybe that was because I read a story where Jervis had orange hair instead of his blond locks?

Wouldn't it be ironic if it turns out the most inhumane of humans are actually more humane than the prisoners of Blackgate?
you know not chapter 12 . 2/26/2011
I was a bit surprised to see Raven visiting Gar in this chapter. The part where Gar interrupted her and called her beautiful was a big spur of the moment there (not that I'm saying it came out of nowhere mind you, because I have notice a few hints between the two). I guess I should expect to hear some mention of the letters Gar is going to be receiving from her in future chapters. Even though I somewhat want to know the details of what Raven saw when she did her soul-self thing, I'm pretty sure I got a good idea of what it was already. By the way I am definitely surprised at Robin becoming Nightwing in this story.

Thanks, not only did you get around to using YDK, but you also remembered the background I gave for him and that he uses knives. I'm going to miss him for however long he'll be gone for, but what are you going to do (I’m referring to myself in the question)? Gar is definitely going to need a lot of luck now that he's going to be in Arkham (and to think, it's thanks to Bruce's help that he was finally able to go there).
you know not chapter 11 . 2/25/2011
The line "No, I'm not going to sit here and tell you I pulled a "Rorschach" was kind of funny. He bites another prisoner's eyebrow (and then some) off, and he tells us he didn't pull a Rorschach (ha ha). I think you're doing great with getting Gar to act insane slowly. With the way the guards keep using the word "hero" in a mocking manner, it's plain to see that Gar is going to really hate that word once he's out and about (if he doesn't already). I would have been very ticked off at you if you had said the four guys had raped Gar in the shower-stall, not because of it being rape but because there are too many people on this site that treat rape as the worst thing in the world filled with people with super powers. Am I to understand that Gar's screams sounded more like roaring to the other people around him?

I am extremely happy to see that you put my OC in your story after all this time. It's kind of funny seeing my former anonymous reviewing name being used for the character's name (then again my current name just wouldn't have the same ring to it). You know it's not just the fact he's my OC that you're using that I like, but also how Gar finally meets an OC metahuman that wants to help him instead of hurt him. After all Gar is a metahuman so it just stands to reason that another metahuman would be able to relate to him in some ways. I have no doubt that you will use my character well enough for the purpose he is being used for in this story. I don't know how long he'll live or if he'll become a recurring character, but I am going to enjoy the moment while it last.
Jack b chapter 11 . 2/25/2011
Got to say this remake series is probaly my fav teen titans story on fanfiction, gar's character is evolving very nicely, a massive improvement over the original. So it seems he's going to have to do something big to get out, I can't want to find out what :)
MathiasMatt chapter 11 . 2/25/2011
I'm loving how detailed Gar's fall into this animal persona is. It's much more interesting than simply saying 'He let the Beast out', as so many people seem apt to do.

Enjoying your Watchman series 'cos goddamn is BB an ass kicker in a believable way too. :P