Reviews for A Miscellaneous Tale of Night and Day
Dawn M C Roose chapter 25 . 5/8/2021
Wanna know what makes ME addicted? The fact that you write so addictively. I really want this story updated after 28 chapters.
Guest chapter 28 . 4/15/2021
The last chapter here says that you've written 700 reviews. It's about 1,000 now. I hope that when something sparks in your heart to come back to this, you'll see how many people still remember your story. It's always a dream of many aspiring authors to leave something on this earth that'll be remembered by somebody. Maybe not a group of people, but even just one. I'm sure you cringe at this, wonder why the hell people still read it.

But to me, it's a comfort. I remember so much of my childhood reading this, waiting for an update, then re-reading all over again. It may not be the next Hemingway or whatever, but it was still something special that I can fondly look back on. It's still amazing to me, whether it's me, only ten years younger, or me, writing this review now.

I hope you're doing well, author.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/5/2021
THIS IS SUCH AN AMAZING FIC! *screams*
I know that Starri hasn’t updated this in forever, but I really want to share my feelings about this fanfiction. It’s so well done, and has something for my every aspect. Romance, mystery, action, and just some good old fashioned antics. The plot is good, a bit confusing, but works really well with the characters and this fandom. Speaking of characters, everyone stays true to their manga personality and isn’t just a one side cliche. I’m not much of a Manga-Quest shipper, I find Precious-Metal a bit more interesting, but this really sold me on Gold and Crys as a couple.
I first read this about a year ago, and decided to come back now to check if it had ever been updated. Turns out it wasn’t, even with the looming cliffhanger and ending. I really wanted to know what happened to everyone, if the evil was finally vanquished once and for all, and what did happen to the egg Pokémon? Starri, wherever you are, don’t ever give up on writing. You inspired a lot of people out there.
trfka pkmn56476 chapter 28 . 10/24/2020
Do you get hit with such a wave of nostalgia that you go back and read a 20 chapter fanfiction of a series with ships you no longer feel anything towards? I did. Man I miss not having standards and just reading anything with an interesting premise and actually being okay with first person. This... wasn't as godly as I remember it being– it shouldn't have been. It was written by a preteen who was thrust into fame in a fandom with readers as young as she was. There I respected her so much.

And I respect her to this day. Hell, I still have a major part of my online identity as a remnant of my time in the AMOTODAN fandom. I don't know where Starri is now, but I hope she's still writing. Maybe in another ten years, we will find out what happened to everyone in the end

Ngl I'm more than a little pissed that we never got to find out what Ruby's talent was. I'm gonna guess something timeline related a la Celebi or Ophelia Phamrsolone
Delta6697 chapter 22 . 7/31/2020
All right, to everyone who is reading the reviews of this story, I want you all to know that I am starting my search for Starri. I'll be using all known public information and digging deep into Google in hopes of finding her. Wish me luck!

End goal: Contacting Starri to make sure she hasn't died.
ForFun chapter 4 . 7/30/2020
For those wondering, she mentioned on her tumblr that amotodan is not discontinued as of jan of 2013. She also mentioned it might get a rewrite as she was 13 when she started it. As to where she's gone, it looks like she just forgot about it (best case scenario). We miss you Starri, come back soon!
EmeraldoftheStars chapter 28 . 6/25/2020
hi

this might be a bit strange of a review, since i’m not really reviewing it. to be honest, i haven’t read this fic in years. i think i first read it in... 2013? it was a year after it updated. it’s really weird to think about, since it was way back in elementary school, and well, now i’m about to be a senior in high school.

i guess i just wanted to let you know, starran, on the very low chance you’re reading this, that this is the fic that started it all for me. for years, when someone asked me for my favorite fanfiction, my mind always came back here. the humor, adventure, even the silly tropes it played with, all spoke to me in a way that, extreme as it may be, really shaped me as both the person and writer i am today. funny enough, this fic even helped me figure out myself more, since crys here was probably the first time, in hindsight, where i got a crush on a girl.

i suppose the whole reason i’m writing all of this, aside from a vent, is to just say thank you. thank you for creating a story that sticks with me for seven years, even beyond my time of pokespe fanfics, even beyond this website, and for creating a world for me to enjoy, that entertained. it gives me a sense of nostalgia, strangely bittersweet as it may be. it, even with its cliches, or a plothole or two, you’ve created something fun. when i’m ready to just... give up on writing sometimes, i think what this fic taught me stuck, and keeps me going. sometimes, you just need to throw away feelings of something being just absurd, and enjoy yourself. like yes, these characters have a fan club. why? because it’s fun! it’s just, at its essence, a basis to what drives fanfictions for me. it’s such a good balance of humor, character, sad moments, triumph , action, romance...

i’m not really sure how to end this “review” honestly. i think to put it simply, my main point is... thank you. thank you so much. i hope you’re doing well and thriving wherever you are, starran. 3
Guest chapter 28 . 5/25/2020
I think the author forgot about this
nagarin chapter 1 . 4/18/2020
this was my first fanfic ever way back in 2013, and it still hits different for me. i really wish this could have been finished, but nevertheless, i love it just the same. no fanfic has made me laugh and fangirl as much as this one has.
Delta6697 chapter 27 . 4/16/2020
Can’t wait til it’s updated? Thanks
HuaFeiHua chapter 19 . 3/23/2020
*humming* every time someone asks me what kind of fics i draw inspiration from, i always talk abt this one, and as someone who's just started to become more funny-on-purpose, i still look to this fic for inspiration. doesn't really matter that it's from a fandom i've never written for, or from one my readers might necessarily know, it always inspires me to go out there and let my characters be dumb and stupid and silly and petty because perfection can be so tiring. it can be fun if it's a coffee shop au or something, and those are nice and calming, but as someone who aspires to be hilarious, i guess i need that breath of fresh air from older fics like this that remind me that imperfections are what i like the best.
this is an imperfect fic. there are parts of it that haven't aged too gracefully. the grammar slips up in places. but you were, in your own words, young. learning. growing. in a time much different than today.
but like i said earlier, it's the imperfections that i like the best. it gives the fic, the writing, voice and character. reading this feels like a breath of fresh air. the fact that it is still clearly riddled with cliches should make that such a strange sentence to hear, but tropes have shifted in fandom over time, and these cliches just aren't common anymore. god, what i wouldn't give to find a modern fic in my fandoms where a bunch of characters get abducted to a super secret rich school that gives them literally anything they want so they forget about the fact that they were literally kidnapped and live a bit of a very wish-fulfillment-y high school life before they have to literally save the world (and also there are annoying fanclubs for absolutely no reason). a lot of the things put in here were clearly done just because they made you happy, and i think that was pretty cash money of you bc damn do they make me happy too.
i wonder how you've managed to smooth out all the bumps in your road so far. reading your final a/n, it's clear to see that you'd grown a lot in the short time between starting and last updating. it's been almost eight years since then, and i honestly cannot fathom where you might have gone since then.
i dunno what to say, man. i've written a fic inspired by question seven and a half. i'm posting this review on this particular chapter bc it was the one that inspired me to use blackjack (not strip blackjack in my case, although i thought about it) to get some truth to come to light in another one of my fics. the writing you've posted to this site has stuck with me so much as i've grown as a writer; i would not be where i am today without this fic.
i hope that someday, you'll at least be able to tell us you're okay. maybe you won't update any fics, and that's okay. maybe you'll just leave a little note on your profile saying you're leaving forever, and that's okay. i just want to wish you all the best. xoxoxoxoxo kind of thing and everything.
anyway, the plague is going around right now, so maybe i'll reread this cover to tentative cover while in quarantine. *finger guns out bc i have no idea how to finish this lol*
Holiday chapter 18 . 12/5/2019
White day, then Christmas. Also, great job!
Guest chapter 28 . 10/17/2019
I just wanna say... man, I never did a review, and I thought I never would, but Amotodan is AWESOME. Great this last comment! Hope it lures the flamers away.

GO MIDDLE SCHOOLERS LIKE ME!
Old Anon chapter 3 . 9/17/2019
Re-reading... this is some good shit.
anonymous chapter 28 . 8/5/2019
I really love your story!
1,015 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »