Reviews for To Be True
The Slytherin Serpent chapter 19 . 9/6/2013
Good story. :)
mALX chapter 19 . 2/2/2013
Why do I get the feeling Anne is going to be the only goose that gets cooked here? No children there as witnesses...urk! Awesome write!
mALX chapter 18 . 2/2/2013
Another twist! Or is Anne having a dream?
mALX chapter 17 . 2/2/2013
GAAAAH! 16 year time gap! Urk! Lol. Great chapter!
mALX chapter 16 . 2/2/2013
Ooh, what a twist! Awesome Write!
mALX chapter 15 . 2/2/2013
What a scene! I held my breath from beginning to end of this chapter, riveting write!
mALX chapter 14 . 2/2/2013
"Cromwell knew he must comply with Henry's wishes. Secretly, he smiled. Catherine had won at last." - Excellent line, and chapter. This chapter was short, but very powerfully written. A huge amount going on in the story here, and even though the chapter looks short you managed to convey it in all its depth - tremendous ability you have to be able to do that! Awesome Write!
mALX chapter 13 . 2/2/2013
The fall of the house of Tudor, lol. Excellent Write!
mALX chapter 12 . 2/2/2013
Very powerful write in this chapter!
mALX chapter 11 . 2/2/2013
Excellent chapter!
mALX chapter 10 . 2/2/2013
You aced the introduction of Jane Seymour into the mix, LOVE how you brought that about!
mALX chapter 9 . 2/2/2013
Congrats on your own wedding!

Henry’s cold dismissal of Katherine’s death overrode the tears here, especially given the next line, “He would miss Katherine.” That all but removed any emotion behind the tears.

I would have loved those tears to have been in some solitary place where he could let loose and show genuine grief despite how coldly he acted in front of Anne (another of my unsolicited personal opinions that should be ignored, lol. Tell your story and don’t listen to me).

The last sentence shows him completely detached, and was technically extraneous (but that’s okay since it reiterated his obsession with the son he thinks he will get). (HA! Lol). Excellent write! I am loving this story!
mALX chapter 8 . 2/2/2013
And so begins the dawning of Henry’s discontent with Anne. You slipped it in masterfully here, Awesome write!
mALX chapter 7 . 2/2/2013
* Note: Drat, another spelling error in my review of chapter 6. The last paragraph should have read “one line,” not “one like.” Like the missing “n” in Boleyn in my review of chapter 1, I have to blame this site not allowing edits of reviews. Beyond that I blame my 3 dogs (inside due to the snowstorm we are in the middle of) acting like banshees and distracting me. I apologize, I am usually more careful than that.

You held nothing back in this chapter, You aced it!
it is filled with all the inner thoughts and emotional turmoil each were feeling as the birth of Elizabeth draws near, including Katherine and little Mary. Add in Margaret’s hatred and - headhopping bedamned, I LOVED this chapter!
mALX chapter 6 . 2/2/2013
Not exactly a nit, just my personal opinion (which means feel free to ignore this): As Anne displaced her sister Mary in the kings affections - (the man who took Mary’s virginity and fathered her son, costing her own nephew the sole male heir to the throne) - I found the line that Mary “couldn't be happier for her sister” a little bit hard to swallow. Maybe that she was forced into accepting it by a lot of parental and royal pressure would be a bit more believable here.

Please don’t take that as a criticism, it isn’t. I am enjoying this story tremendously. I guess what I find jarring about that one line is that it strips the blame off Anne’s character, minimizes the hurt she caused all those people in the process of getting what she wanted. (Not just her sister and nephew; but Katherine, who deeply loved Henry; not to mention Henry‘s public standing and relations with Rome). - She manipulated Henry at the cost of everyone and showed no remorse for any of it - that one line kind of makes her actions seem blameless.

That said, your writing is impeccable, and a pleasure to read. No person’s opinions are as important as your own, you are the author and know where you are taking this story. I am greatly enjoying this, and one like that irks can’t take away from the whole, believe me! Awesome write!