Reviews for Dear Darkness
Neit Kitten chapter 4 . 5/8/2012
Just wondering if this is abandoned since it's been a year and there are only supposed to be two chapters left. Anyway it's an interesting perspective and I would like to see how it ends. Hope you update.
evergloweyes chapter 4 . 11/30/2011
Just found this story, you should definitely post the last chapter. It's incredibly intense and really well written. Deserves a good ending.
Barranca chapter 4 . 5/27/2011
I'm loving the deep introspection, how we find out piece by piece what Sam and Dean mean to each other. It can never be easy, but right and wrong depend on the perspective.
Writer-4ever-and-always chapter 4 . 3/21/2011
Is this going to be a happy ending?

i love the depth and the characters and you can really believe that

the boys would grow into the way they are now.

I really love this story but is it going to be a happy ending?

please update soon!

Thankssss!

Joey
Twinchester Angel chapter 4 . 3/21/2011
Oh my gosh, I just came back and read this again and I noticed that I didn't review when I read it the first time! I don't think I have words to even describe how tremendous this story is. It has got to be the most well written, realistic, in-character story I've ever read. I just get lost in it. It's amazing to the point of there just being no words left to describe it. I am completely addicted to this story and I absolutely cannot stop thinking about it. Please tell me you will be updating soon. I would follow your Supernatural stories like a lost puppy. I hope you know how talented you are at writing in general. And I really hope you know what an excellent grasp you have on these characters. Every word they say, every movement, every mannerism is so spot on, again, I just can't find the words. Also, I hope you know how much your time and hard work are appreciated. I can only hope that you are enjoying writing this even a fraction as much as we enjoy reading it. I love that the chapters are long because it gives me plenty of time to escape into the story and to focus on nothing else. I read this chapter when it came out and then I had to go back and read the entire story over again. And I have to tell you, from a 'fangirl' perspective, the final scene just gave me goosebumps. "Just...can I touch you?" My heart broke for both of them. I feel so bad that Dean seems convinced that they just can't have this. I loved the scene in the diner with the crossword. I love that Dean kicked Sam under the table. It's so important that their relationship is the same, as far as their bickering and bantering. But for Sam to be pleased that Dean knows everything about him, good and bad, right down to his caffeine intake schedule, and still loves him more than anything, which bewilders Sam, makes me want to smack both those boys upside the heads and hug them at the same time. So clueless, so sweet, so funny, so strong, so brave, and feeling so undeserving...guh! Those boys need to have something for themselves. I also love that Sam tried to scar his vessel by taking Dean and how ironic and sad it was when Sam realized Balthazar didn't even entertain the thought that it would be consensual. Thank Chuck it was. And I love that Dean was so understanding with Sam when he confessed the lengths his soulless self would have gone to and yet even after all that, his soulless self was right and not lying about Sam's feelings for Dean. OMG you are just killing me with this story! I'm getting all fangirly again just thinking about it! *giggle* "You know exactly where those keys are, don't you Cas?" "Don't worry. He's getting warmer." Oh and "Go screw yourself." "What he said." Perfect perfect perfect Cas characterization. I'm not a writer but I can imagine Cas would be hard to write in some ways because not many people get him correctly. But you do. I know this is a cliche thing to say but I really can picture all of this in my mind as I'm reading it. I have no problem whatsoever. This is so damn good I can even picture what the boys are wearing, what their room looks like, the diner, just all of it. I could gush for hours really, but I'll spare you. Lol Just please know that there are readers hanging on every word of this and there is absolutely nothing that I don't adore about this story or your writing for that matter. Again with another overused statement but please update this as soon as you can. I don't know how long I can take being without this story! I know. I'm dramatic but that doesn't make what I said any less true. :D Love this. Love you. Can't wait for more! *humongous hugs*
JamesParker chapter 4 . 3/14/2011
Wow, heartbreaking and really well written. I love the refrain "Two guys walk into a motel," sweet and funny all at once. Very true to character, and yet still surprising in so many ways. That's quite a cliffhanger too; I can't wait to see how the rest of the story plays out.

Best,

JamesParker
xenascully chapter 4 . 3/14/2011
I had to pause reading...after the first paragraph. Only because I loved it so much, I didn't wanna forget to mention it via review. And now...I shall continue ;)
LINDEN65 chapter 3 . 2/11/2011
I have loved the story so far. The writing's tight and the story is good.
Twinchester Angel chapter 3 . 2/10/2011
Again, completely amazing. So incredibly sad. So well written. I, once again, am completely consumed with this story. It has been a whole day thing for me once again. And I couldn't be happier about that! :D The whole conversation about Dean possibly having to kill Sam was very depressing and I can imagine, such a morbid conversation to have but it was necessary and I'm glad they were able to have that conversation without one of them flying off the handle. So Sam remembers what happened between them and Dean knows he remembers. This story has just achieved a whole new level of awesome. The way you wrote Soulless Sam while taunting, daring, and practically emotionally torturing him was just chilling. Dean's fury with soulless Sam and his obviously cruel behavior was palpable and I could feel it bubble up and then when he finally snapped, it wasn't just in defense of himself or because of his disgust for Soulless Sam, it also seems he was defending Sammy. He was rationalizing all they had done for years burying their wants and feelings. It almost seemed as though he was angry at himself and even a bit guilt ridden. Soulless Sam was cruel but Dean was mad because he was also kind of right I think. His bedside manner sucked but the core of what he said was true and Dean knows it. This also seemed to solidify Dean's commitment to doing whatever it takes to fix Sam. I loved the part with Cas and the blessing and I laughed when Sam insisted Cas reveal something embarrassing about himself and when he finally did it I laughed even harder. There is an awkwardness between a newly souled Sam and Dean and now we, the readers, know what it's all about and I am hoping they work this out. I'm very worried about the wall in Sammy's head and I hope he doesn't have to die before this story is over. I can't get over how incredible and well written and in character and realistic this story is. I will be waiting eagerly for the next update! I'm such an addict. LOL Thanks so much for this update. *hugs*
Genim Stilinski chapter 3 . 2/9/2011
This is so sad...

Well written. I can't wait for your next chapter!
Genim Stilinski chapter 1 . 2/4/2011
I'm reading this on LiveJournal, and have commented there (username:beatlemaniac9), but am subscribing here so I don't miss a chapeter!
Twinchester Angel chapter 2 . 2/3/2011
Oh wow. I'm gonna start sounding like a broken record. This is incredible. Truly. It says at the beginning that there are five parts to this. I'm taking that as though there are 3 chapters left. I have come across a few writers that I can say this about and you are definitely one of them but this story is so incredibly in character that I am in awe. And Soulless Sam? Perfect. You got his coldness and creepiness and his Sam-ness perfectly. I am so hooked on this story and it has consumed my mind for 2 days. What am I gonna do now? LOL I may go a bit crazy now. I also hafta tell you that the flashback scene from when Dean visited Sam in CA was so sweet and heartwarming and then incredibly hot in a subtle kind of way. Seriously, I reread it 3 times! Haha! And then poor Dean freaking out the next morning. And I love the whole part with the boys cataloging Bobby's books and their conversation there was just awesome. I was smiling the whole way through. And celebrating with whiskey and poker with Bobby? I mean, I honestly can't think of a thing that I don't absolutely adore in this story. Please please please tell me you will post more. I'm almost like an addict here and I need more! Apparently I'm not above begging. LOL This is such a realistic and well written story. You are amazing. I've alerted this so I don't miss a word. I'm so glad I came across this story. Thanks again! *hugs*
Twinchester Angel chapter 2 . 2/3/2011
Twinchester Angel chapter 1 . 2/2/2011
Wow. I still have to read chapter 2 but chapter 1 was so amazing I had to review. This is so realistic and so in character and the writing is so beautiful. So descriptive. So detailed and intense. I am completely lost in this story. You have written something so compelling I cannot put it down. When Sam said "I really was gone" I got goosebumps on my goosebumps. This is professional writing, as good as any book I've ever read. Even better because I love these characters and know them inside out, just like you obviously do. I'm moving on to the next chapter. I really hope there's more after I finish the second chapter. The first chapter consumed my day and when I wasn't reading, I couldn't stop thinking about it. The part with Cas talking about souls was just...I have no words. The way Sam clung to Dean and vice versa gave me chills that I can still feel 10 minutes later. Please continue with this. It is absolutely incredible. *hugs*