Reviews for By This We Know Love
James Birdsong chapter 14 . 2/6
Good fourteen chapters
Mena In The Garden chapter 14 . 7/3/2014
This was the BEST STORY EVER. So romantic and sweet, lovely characterization. I would love to see another like this one. So beautiful, well written, touching, and sexy, too!
Guest chapter 14 . 6/11/2014
This was one of the best fanfics I ever read.
rochesters chapter 14 . 3/15/2013
I really loved this story and I hope you continue Mattie and LeBoeuf's adventures soon!
JustAGirl24 chapter 14 . 2/26/2013
Love this story so much! You did a fantastic job with it!
Tanya13 chapter 14 . 12/15/2012
Fantastic story! I just finally got around to seeing True Grit and loved it! And of course i saw chemistry between Mattie and LeBouef though I must admit it felt a bit wrong considering the age difference. But glad to know I wasnt the only one ;) THanks for writing a great continuation!
bloodredcherry chapter 14 . 10/4/2012
I am so glad that you finished this story! Sorry that it took me so long to realize that you finished it! :) I really enjoyed it, and they were both in character and the ending was sweet.
pamelawright chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
I have such high respect for the film. I was very skeptical when I saw that people were writing fan fictions about True Grit, because I felt that the tone, the style, the superior frugality of speech and richness of character could not be paralleled. So, even as I longed to see some sort of understanding between these two characters, I felt like it could not be done with any sort of integrity.

I am so pleased to say that I was wrong. This extension of the story through a "what if" made me feel like this could be a plausible, natural continuation.

Thank you for staying so true the style of the original work, while doing such a fabulous job on creating new outlooks for the characters and making the story your own.

I very, very much enjoyed this piece. Thank you.
Guest chapter 14 . 9/28/2012
I have totally forgotten what is happening but I liked the ending :)
firestonedust chapter 14 . 9/27/2012
This is absolutely the most perfect ending.

So lovely. So sweet. So...just so good.
chiisana-inori chapter 12 . 4/15/2012
This is amazing. You have a marvelous way of writing. I hope you continue this soon!
DammitJim chapter 12 . 12/10/2011
Great fic!
inu-luva123 chapter 12 . 12/7/2011
Great story...haha...i lauphed when she's like "perhaps i dont want to look at you" That was to funny...Good Job!
Nii chapter 12 . 9/3/2011
:shakes you: Gahhhh by all that is good and western and Matt Damon and stuff...Update 0_0...im like a dog without a bone here...
warsawmouse chapter 12 . 8/17/2011
Thank you!

I'm suffering from serious deficit of good True Grit fic and I'm very glad to find another one.

You did admirably, let me tell you.

They sounded like themselves, I especially adored how she kept calling him names - go Mattie! And of course she would be the one to ask him, in the end! The wedding night scene was not cheesy at all, i found it sweet and so funny. Mysterious first name remains mysterious. Mattie would be a seriously scary teacher, strict and sarcastic. I like how she finds comfort in grooming her horse. And how she tosses stuff at irritating people. (not an apple this time) You seriously don't want to bring up Rooster Cogburn in pillow talk! I liked how the Ranger captain knew all about her (LaBoeuf "likes to talk") and just went to get her that horse. When you wrote that Mattie realized she'd fallen for him back on the train when he told her how brave she is, I teared up, I swear.