Reviews for The Spirit of Truth
Elizabeth.Electrica chapter 14 . 4/22
Lovely story!
Elizabeth.Electrica chapter 10 . 4/22
I love the way that you describe the relationship between Jeff and EDI
Elizabeth.Electrica chapter 3 . 4/21
Just shot him! He deserved it!
Elizabeth.Electrica chapter 1 . 4/21
Beautiful way to start the story.
Kallie6891 chapter 4 . 12/10/2015
"We, who are about to dine, salute you," Bahaha. Perfect.
therewithasmile chapter 1 . 10/1/2015
I bingeread your entire fic yesterday night as some light reading. The experience was wonderful! I really love your explanations for Turian physiology, it was all very informative. Unless I missed things (which I might've, I admit to not having read the codexes) all the biology and information there was very believable. I wanted to think it was all part of canon.

That being said, I also found the relationships between characters so visceral and very believable. I liked your Shepard a lot, she's pretty similar to what I imagined my Shep to be like. Garrus had the perfect amount of snark. Definitely delightful to read from his perspective and his characterization. Everything was very believable, but also a joy to read. It was definitely like reconnecting with old characters, though of course - it took place before Mass Effect 3.

If there's one thing that wasn't necessarily the most joyful experience to read, was Kaidan's treatment in the story. I was mad at him too (and I have to admit, I kind of blew through the games, so I didn't have the years to bask in his asshole-ry) but I was a little appalled at his treatment. It got better overtime (I did snigger at him giving Garrus the wrong kind of liquor, though), so it wasn't as pressing at all.

Overall, I definitely enjoyed this fic a lot! It was cute, funny, snarky, and touching on several notes. As far as I know, I do not plan to read the sequel as OC's aren't really my thing - hope you can understand! But if I go through further withdrawal I will gladly spend a nice few evenings with the continuation. Until then, thank you for this touching and sweet fic. :)
Saoirse Driscoll chapter 1 . 9/2/2015
Okay, major points for referencing The Ship Who Sang. Probably my favourite Anne MacCaffery novel, aside from Lessa of Pern.
I love that this fic is labelled as Garrus and FemShep, but starts with Joker and EDI.
Can't wait to get to the second chapter.
~Saoirse
Guest chapter 14 . 4/24/2015
Loved the Edi/Joker scenes.
Hakazu chapter 14 . 12/10/2014
A really good story!
procon chapter 14 . 12/3/2014
God freakin loved this! There's nothing I love more than hybrid babies!
mordreek chapter 14 . 7/19/2014
very nice, pleasant read
Aquil Tasgetius chapter 1 . 6/4/2014
I actually joined because of this story. I'm only on Chapter 10, but I started it last night. I originally found it while looking up Turian culture via language-dictionary... when I saw how much research you had put into your stories, I only hoped they were as well done. I am very pleased to see not only are they that good, but almost in a complete "ready for editing" for a real novel sort of way.

As a sailor myself, seeing John Masefield quoted right of the bat was heart tingling to say the least. It's interesting, but all along since I've been playing Mass Effect since 2009, I've always had an affinity for playing a FemShep even though I'm male. The rear end I'm viewing was part of that influence to begin with, but it developed much further as time went on.

My friends have all said out of everyone in Mass Effect, I have most in common with Garrus. So, in 2010 when I first learned Shep and Garrus could have a relationship, it was pretty awesome.

My avatar name is my multiplayer Turian in ME3, I love the Turians and what BioWare did creating them. Probably being an archaeologist and studying Ancient Rome and Greece has something to do with that, then again, maybe it's just Garrus and Septimus Oraka or even Etarn Tiron at Rodam Expiditions.

To put it plainly, you've added a lot to my own "head-canon" of my Shepard and Garrus. She's a Paragade, but definitely a Paragon to her crew and friends, and her enemies have "a nasty way of dying quickly." This is excellent.

If it's your goal doing these as practice because one day you wish to become a professional writer - to put it plainly I look forward to seeing your work in the New York Times Bestseller rack ;)
CapitalEnvy chapter 14 . 4/28/2014
I couldn't stop reading this. I liked the ending.
The Fox Familiar chapter 12 . 3/12/2014
Wait, wait, wait. Do you realize how big Garrus' mouth is? It's also hard to give oral sex and finger a vagina at the same time. It's insanely awkward when it's done in real life, considering both appendages get in the way. And unless they had shots to prevent allergies, Shepard would be getting anaphylatic shock and Garrus...yeah. A lot of people forget this.

As for the Roman references...they could be good, but for some reason, it just makes everything seem cheesy. Well, if I may be honest, the entire thing is.

And another Author's Note chapter at the end.
anon chapter 1 . 2/4/2014
I know you haven't touched this story in years, but there's a Shepherd/Shepard typo in the story desc.