Reviews for Ten Minute Trickster
Calliope's Scribe chapter 14 . 12/5/2013
This is a really good story, please continue writing this!
SakuraBlossom58 chapter 14 . 11/5/2012
Why does Bruce sound like he knows who's on the other line?
smokey-eyed amazon warrior chapter 14 . 7/11/2012
I LOVE THIS STORY! The Bruce/Eve/Joker love triangle is delicious. Usually, Bruce is illustrated as being dry and overly flirtatious but you write him very well. I like it. I also like the way you write the Joker. I wonder how he will react upon seeing Eve's damaged state?
Lady-Evey-Shy chapter 14 . 2/27/2012
This story is amazing update again soon please
BubblesScream chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
Good so far! Cant wait to see what Eve has planned lol

Thanks for the great chap! :)
TheDarkHuntress chapter 14 . 1/23/2012
Thanks for posting. I sense somewhat of a love triangle and I sense some trouble in the future. Oooo! Love this story.
itachixnaruto4ever chapter 14 . 1/23/2012
good very good thanx 4 the updates. what happened 2 all of eve spunk and wit?she should outsmart the joker. please let her end up with bruce/batman!
Rhirhi chapter 3 . 1/17/2012
This is brilliant! Very original and clever can't wait to read more!
TheDarkHuntress chapter 3 . 1/16/2012
Awesome. Please update soon!
TheDarkHuntress chapter 2 . 1/13/2012
Awesome. I love the chemistry. Please update soon!
Cooky Crumbla chapter 2 . 1/12/2012
This is a very interesting story! I can't wait to read more.
Night Monkey chapter 2 . 1/12/2012
People are stupid; there is no doubt about it. Unfortunately for the species, but fortunately for the individuals, we've evolved to the point where natural selection doesn't affect us so much anymore. We've safeguarded ourselves to the point stupid is allowed to grow, flourish, and even form a political party and run for president.

Gotham, however, would be a prime example of a place where stupid is weeded out. If you walk through a dark alley at night without so much as a can of mace, there's a good chance Victor Zsasz is going to remove you from the gene pool. If you dress up as Batman and run around in hockey pads, the Joker is going to hang you up to dry. If you buy drugs from the guy in the scarecrow mask, you're going to spend your last minutes screaming yourself insane because you think your skin has been replaced with cockroaches. Gotham has ways (namely super-criminals) of dealing with derp.

Having said that, why is there so much stupid still remaining in your story? Seriously, the collective IQ of everyone (including the Joker) would earn smart remarks and derision from the Riddler.

The Joker, the clown who plans a bank robbery down to the second and times it so well he can seamlessly pull a bus into a passing line of buses, can't be bothered to check for the name and physical description of the CEO he's hunting. Hell's f*cking bells, he can't even be bothered to check the gender!

Uh...derp.

The only company in Gotham that can compete with Wayne Enterprise has no security. Herp.

The Joker's help is so incompetent it is killed by a five-foot-tall business woman. Her-derp.

Instead of calling the police, which is THE ONLY LOGICAL THING TO DO WHEN THE MOTHERF*CKING JOKER SHOWS UP AT YOUR PLACE OF WORK, Eve dresses like a ho and decides to fight off the armed gunmen and their sadistic boss by herself.

This is George Bush stupid times Sarah Palin stupid times Paris Hilton stupid. This is stupid cubed, if not more.

The Joker is the be-all, end-all of terrorist masterminds. He makes bin Laden look like a bumbler armed with fireworks. The clown, with a couple of schizophrenic goons, a few boxes of bullets, and some gallons of gasoline, terrorizes a city of millions. He blows up judges and deep-fries district attorneys. He tortures and murders policemen. He robs, plunders, and pillages, and then burns the spoils to send a message. He, by his lonesome, destroys a multi-national crime syndicate.

But in your fic, he is interested in some broad in a short skirt.

Sweet Cthulhu.

And speaking of this dame in a short skirt. Mary-Sue much, friendo? Eve is not only the most powerful businesswoman this side of Oprah, she's also a hell of a fighter and she has a smokin' body. Yeah. I'm sure she does. This would be like Bill Gates looking like Brad Pitt and cleaning up the streets of Detroit on his days off. Give me a freaking break.

Now let's talk about human emotions and why there's something wrong with everyone at Eve's company.

When the Joker, a known murderer, bursts into your office and threatens to start blowing off heads, do most people A) panic B) try to appease him at all costs C) both A and B or D) stand there and act like a moron? If you picked D, congratulations, you wrote this fic! A bunch of businessmen, who are all probably looking forward to their unearned two million dollar bonuses and their golden parachute retirements, refuse to tell the Joker anything, even when he pulls out the switchblade. You have no understanding of corporate America. Zero, zilch, zip, nada.

Oh yeah, and while the Joker is up there ready to take the switchblade to some mouths and commit the old ultra-violence, as Alex would say, Eve is too busy "chuckling" about serving coffee to the clown. And while Eve is trying to sex up the Joker and save all their lives, the "talkative young business man" is making wisecracks and is doing more "chuckling." Because when you're in danger of having your throat opened, the best thing to do it totally laugh at and antagonize the sadist holding the knife.

Now let's talk about the Joker, and why he isn't anything like how you've written him, or obviously intend to write him. The Clown Prince of Crime, especially in the Nolan-verse, will not shag your Mary-Sue monstrosity. I don't know why this is so hard for authors to comprehend. Look, we all watched the same Dark Knight. We all saw the same Joker performance. We all saw him pitch Rachel out a window, blow up his own henchman with a bomb in said henchman's gut, and talk about how much he loves stabbing people. We all heard the nihilistic lines and saw the complete disregard for human life.

While smart people see the Joker as one of the greatest villains, as a brilliant, merciless, maniacal monster, people of, uh, less-than-stellar-wit see him as a sexy beast who would totally shag a girl if she was enough of a wannabe badass.

The Joker WILL NOT HAVE SEX WITH YOUR OC. It doesn't matter how attractive you find Heath Ledger as a person. The man and the character are separate entities. The Joker doesn't brush his freakin' teeth, damn it! He's got thick scar tissue. He keeps knives in his shoes! He isn't interested in booty!

I don't want to hear the "it's my Joker, I'll write him how I want" excuse, either. That's BS. It isn't your Joker anymore than Cillian Murphy is my Scarecrow. I can take some artistic license, maybe incorporate a little from the comics, but I cannot contradict the way the character was portrayed. I can't, for instance, make Scarecrow an emo woobie who longs to shag Commission Gordon, because that's just stupid. If you're writing Ledger's Joker, as you explicitly say you are, then you stay true to Ledger's characterization. The Joker was a stone-cold killer who believed, if I may quote Bob Dylan, "that life is but a joke." He had no mercy and he sure as hell would never hook up with some dame he intended to kill.

I know I spent a million years on the logic (or lack thereof) but there's a serious point I need to make in regards to your dialogue. Are you deathly allergic to the word "said"? Any writing guide worth its salt will encourage you to stick to "said". You, though, holy bollocks, if there's a way of speaking, no matter how ungainly, you will hammer it in there. Even if you have to attach the ugliest adverbs and modifiers imaginable. I mean, at least three people CHUCKLE their lines! Chuckle! And if they ain't chuckling, they're proclaiming (kings proclaim, not office help), stating, murmuring, explaining, questioning, sighing, choking (God, I wish they'd choke), growling, laughing, or whispering. And it all sucks and sucks bad.

Well, I reckon this review is more than long enough. Please, stop with the completely OOC Joker romances. He's a killer, not a lover. And stop with these ridiculous over-the-top Mary-Sue characters. That isn't how real people are. Nobody has the brains, the body, the money, and the attitude. Try writing a real complex character instead of someone who exists just so the Joker can fall for her and in the process destroy both their characters.
Nonactive. Goodbye chapter 2 . 1/12/2012
Dayum! Keep it coming, chiquitita!
TheDarkHuntress chapter 1 . 12/19/2011
I think you should continue. Seems pretty good and it would be a shame if it was n never finished.
raspberry chapter 1 . 5/14/2011
I like it! I hope you continue it.