Reviews for Falling Stars
drowningsun chapter 1 . 2/28/2014
Oh my god, this made me cry so much.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/23/2013
Very lovely read Though I think it was lacking perhaps a scene during/after Alfred's death? I don't know, don't listen to me.
SnakeAyame chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
Type your review here...
And The World Turned chapter 1 . 4/27/2013
So beautiful. Ahhh
standingcorrected chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
Oh my goodness, I haven't commented on this fic before despite it being a favourite of mine, and this is really random, but I just found a song that reminded me of this and I just had to come back to it again XD "Silver Threads Among The Gold" - I saw it in a really old dusty piano book of mine, and when I read the lyrics I think my jaw hit the floor. It reads like a duet between these two.

"Darling, I am growing old,
Silver threads among the gold,
Shine upon my brow today,
Life is fading fast away.

When your hair is silver white,
And your cheeks no longer bright,
With the roses of the May,
I will kiss your lips and say,
Oh! My darling, mine alone, alone,
You have never older grown!
Yes, my darling, mine alone,
You have never older grown!"

It's like a recipe for buckets of angst. Sorry this wasn't an actual review, I just had to squee about it. Needless to say I adore this fic to itty bitty smithereens. But it thwarts my ability to eloquently explain why; probably because it in itself seems effortlessly written. A perfect, bittersweet oneshot.
Buffalo Wing chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
How dare you make me sob into a pillow

damnit.
petite.hope chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
... So heartbreaking... :'(((
nisakeehl chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
Excuse me as I go and die in a puddle of tears. My god I dot even want to think about Alfred dying *shudder*

-Nisa
EuterpeDream chapter 1 . 6/25/2012
The title is so appropriate and it makes me sad :( I teared a bit as I read this but when I got to the missionary position part I just died XD
Good Evening chapter 1 . 5/2/2012
You're the only author on this site who can make my eyes water sincerely. You get this often, I suppose.

I like the idea of a mortal and an immortal having a life together. There are certain special intimacies no one else can share. I'd rather be in Alfred's shoes than Arthur's, frankly because infinity is a frightening concept. This is the first time in a long time that I've seen someone portray immortality as a positive thing, and it makes sense: of course Alfred doesn't want to die; none of his friends shall. And Arthur, flipping between the lover, brother, and father roles gives me goosebumps.

Sort of wish I could be more like you, to write so well.

-GE
i Mel-chan i chapter 1 . 5/1/2012
I'm in complete tears right now what a truly beautiful story
Nevertrustaprussian chapter 1 . 3/28/2012
That. Was. The. Most. Beautiful. Thing. I. Have. Ever. Read

dragonheart3 chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
Alright, so I've finally gotten around to reviewing this LOGGED IN this time.

Can I just love you forever for writing this? I'm going to go out on a limb here and venture to say this is currently my FAVORITE little fic written by you. I absolutely love it. Everything about it.

I only reread this when I'm in one of those moods (you know them: the late night fic reading, the overcast days, heavy downpour of rainy nights...) and I have to say it still successfully makes me cry a little every time. I love it. The hurt feelings...I just LIVE off of them...

I don't know if I am so crazy about this fic because it's is primarily America and his death or what. Usually when people write character death stories, they aren't very good; usually it's rushed or overly dramatic, or something else that just doesn't fit right or go smoothly, and I generally don't like them. Here, it's subtle and suggested, just enough emotion without making it ridiculous. The back and forth of time and events was also a really nice touch. I feel like it added more emotion, in a way. Very artistic.

I always like end of the world fics, (especially end of /America/ fics, but perhaps this is because he is my favorite character, and as I am American I am constantly biting my nails anxiously as I watch the news, waiting ever so nervously for the one factor that's going to tip us over the edge and force us to crash and burn, rather than our current slow descent from super power to faded nothing...will we be missed? Or will countries and people around the world be glad our 'Empire' is over? What is the alternatively option(s)? China? Russia? What kind of world will we live in, and will it be as benevolent as it previously was in comparison? Perhaps it is for the best. To refocus our interests back at home, and stop policing the world. [Would probably save a hell of a lot more money this way...] But I digress) I think you've done a beautiful job with this.

I almost wish you went into detail of Alfred's death. ( I love how he gets more handsome at 25 btw. I can't stop thinking about it!) I really want to see how it would affect Arthur and the rest of the world. What if he showed up at a world meeting? How would everyone react? Cast their eyes downwards? Or demand what he was doing there? Auuugh, so many thoughts, questions, and scenarios. It would be really interesting to see him contact Prussia as well, seeing as they are in the same boat.

The emotions in this fic kiiiiill me. From anger, tears, denial, to slow acceptance, it's so realistic. I can't honestly convey how much I love it. And the way you ended it was so beautiful too...quietly. That's it. A whispered ending, coming to a close with a flashback of the beginning. Perfect.

I really wish you would write a second part to this (perhaps more in depth? More scenes and memories? Maybe an aftermath?) but even as I sit here, wishing for it, I can't think of how you would go about it. I suppose it's just a one-shot. Damn. I love this AU. Maybe you could write more like it? ;D

Anyways, I'm sorry I rambled so much in this review (Especially the America part...I guess that's just me, being an obnoxious, self obsessed American xD). I really, really love this fic and I wish I could write as well as you. Thank you so much for writing it! Even now, I love the painful tugging I get in my chest when I read it.
x.WaitingForTheVan.x chapter 1 . 1/12/2012
I'm crying, now, and there are no tissues around. Thanks. :'D
CartoonCouples101 chapter 1 . 1/5/2012
oh my god! this was a great story keep it up! lol USUK indeed!
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »