Reviews for COME BY WAY OF SORROW
AcquiredTaste chapter 1 . 8/3/2017
You wrote "Ross is going to read this, she , Logan, the DA." But Login wasn't around at this time as it was Nichols. Obviously this is only relevant if it was Mike Login you were talking about but i just thought I'd mention it
HeathRowTottie chapter 1 . 12/13/2013
Beautiful story and believably written. I love the interaction between Alex and Bobby; the love, the humour. And I think the lyrics of the song are very apt to their experiences as well. Great story.
insubordinationfreak chapter 1 . 12/3/2011
Like that he knew she was hiding in the stairwell, and their shared experiences of trauma and meltdowns. I love how we got into Alex's head in this story.
dh2930 chapter 1 . 9/14/2011
This was a great story. Alex suffered such an emotional rollercoaster during this episode. You took us to such a deeper level than the episode even offered. I love that Bobby was so calm when Alex was falling apart, her anchor. Yeah it was her turn for a meltdown and his turn to be the rock. Loved it. I especially appreciate that at the end Alex realized that Kevin took nothing of value from her...Bobby and bagels..WOW!
luvztoritegmail.com chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
This story was really good and believable, too. I could see this as being plausible at the end of this episode. Very nicely done.

LindaC
theothersusan chapter 1 . 8/1/2011
Wow. I think this is my new favorite post-ep for Lady's Man. The whole scene in the stairwell is amazing-in character and really tightly written.

My favorite part, though, was Alex thinking about how far they've come when Bobby jokes about her needing to learn to have a proper meltdown. Loved that!
bk-1205 chapter 1 . 7/9/2011
Very nice. I just started reading L&O:CI fan fic and thank you for the epilouge to this episode. Great continuation. Love where you took these characters.
superfelix chapter 1 . 2/3/2011
but the fact that her own partner has to treat her like she's a bomb about to go off is just one more thing to add to today's litany of exhausted, furious frustration...great line.

Broken, like Kevin said, and oh, how she hates that she let him see her like that, ten years ago...I think that really hurts today.

And he's right, damn it, of course he's right. She's a fucking person of interest in the case now - maybe even a witness - and she knows exactly how Mulrooney's lawyer will make it look to a jury if she's reckless enough to interrogate him herself...yes, Alex is out of the case!

and they'll be sending a CSU team to process it. Again...poor Alex.

"I'm not supposed to know the contents of your underwear drawer that well."...lol. Good that Alex can laugh again.

Sweet, Megan asked Alex...

It's not a lie, not if chosen family counts...jippy.

"But...I wish I'd known you, back then. I wish I could have - been your friend, when you were going through all that."...wonderful and gentle line.

She doesn't really care; she just wants him to keep talking in that sleepy, peaceful voice, the one that has come to mean home and safe to her, no matter where they are or what he's actually saying...I like that line.

"Yeah," Bobby continues. "You lost points by doing it privately. Should have had a temper tantrum in the middle of the squad room, thrown some files around, stormed out right in front of Ross..."...lol.

"There's a points system?"...is there, snicker?

"You obviously have a lot to learn about freaking out at work, it's lucky you have an in-house expert to consult - "...so funny.

Lovely missing scene of Lady's Man.

It's sweet to see Bobby and Alex in a longer relationship but I don't think they would act at work the way you describe them.
vanes2728 chapter 1 . 2/3/2011
Hey

great story! this was a nice introduction to the world of Eames/Goren fiction! thanks!

Goed work

Vanes
Scribere Est Agere chapter 1 . 2/1/2011
I love this. I love the interplay between Bobby and Alex, the quiet ways he shows her he cares, and how much he cares. I love that they have an established relationship, but that we don't really find out until the end. I love that it's gentle and sweet, the way I think they would be together (and we all KNOW they're really together, yes? YES?) Anyway, thank you for this. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
unicorn chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
you're a good writer.
Gypsy5 chapter 1 . 1/30/2011
So pleased to see a new story from you and a superb one a that. Youe blended the episode and BA so so well excellent thank you.
sell chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
superlegal!
Blinky38 chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
I really enjoyed this, a loving and positive ending to a very emotional episode. And you're right, bourbon is vile LOL :-)
Old stuff of Mine chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
Gasp! Bourbon - VILE? How could you?

Despite what I will assume was a gross mis-speak on your part, I very much enjoyed this.

It had a cut B/A dynamic and the expert on her underwear thing was adorable.

Just a quick point - " rushing out of 's concentrating fiercely " I think you missed some words there, cause, uh, that makes no sense.

Other than that, congrats on a well written little piece.

Keep it up,