Reviews for God Save The Esteem
WellTemperedClavier2 chapter 3 . 9/23/2021
Quite a surprise to see Jane so tongue-tied at meeting one of her idols. Also, it was satisfying to see Jake stand up to Mad Dog like that. I guess that, given this Jake's cultural influences, he'd be more assertive. Mad Dog might still have his grip on Jake's psyche, but this snake can bite back.
WellTemperedClavier2 chapter 2 . 9/23/2021
Not gonna lie: drowning out pop music with classical was always an adolescent fantasy of mine, and it's rather validating to see it here.

Also, interesting that Tom's introduced so early. Wonder how this will change things.
WellTemperedClavier2 chapter 1 . 9/23/2021
Punk's about rebellion, but since Helen and Jake are also punks, that means Quinn's being obedient by embracing punk while Daria's squareness becomes a form of rebellion.
Guest chapter 30 . 3/6/2021
I love sooooo muchs this chapter
Guest chapter 16 . 3/4/2021
Rayos, que deprimente, pero aunque no lo crean, esta mierda si sucede
Kairan1979 chapter 18 . 1/1/2020
Once again, Edie Barksdale tries to mold somebody in the image she liked. She failed with Rita, Helen and Amy. She clearly doesn't understand Daria at all if she thinks her approach can win any points with her Granddaughter. It's a question of time before Daria is tired and does something drastic.
Kairan1979 chapter 17 . 12/31/2019
That must be a nasty surprise for Helen and Jake - to see Yeagers giving up their punk ways.
Kairan1979 chapter 14 . 12/31/2019
It's ironic that Brittany, probably the most popular cheerleader, doesn't have the problem with Daria dating Tom. It's double ironic that Daria used Brittany as a source of information before launching her counterstrike against the Popular Girls.
Kairan1979 chapter 13 . 12/31/2019
Must be hard to be Daria in that chapter. She genuinely wants to believe that Edie Barksdale changed. So hard that she missed the warning signs in her Grandmother's speech. Especially when Erin is mentioned.
Kairan1979 chapter 9 . 12/31/2019
I really felt bad for Helen in that chapter. To betray your principles, or let down your family? It's always a hard choice to make.
Kairan1979 chapter 7 . 12/31/2019
I can see how that kind of attention must be traumatizing for somebody like Daria. Makes you glad she met Tom much earlier than in canon.
Kairan1979 chapter 4 . 12/31/2019
I've decided to re-read the story, and I don't regret it at all.
Learning that 'casino always wins' must be the hard lesson to learn for Daria.
Dark Kuno chapter 43 . 4/29/2019
This work was selected for the following category in the Written Works segment of the 2018 Daria Fanworks Awards (aka "the Booties").
- Favorite Alternate Universe (Nominated)

You may also wish to visit The Paperpusher's Message Board (a forum for Daria art, discussion and fanfiction), and DariaWiki for more Daria fan fiction & art, as well as information on the Daria Fanworks Awards.
Guest chapter 43 . 8/6/2018
this was much better than expected
King of Autumn Leaves chapter 4 . 7/10/2018
I'm not sure which version of Lawndale would be worse to live in