Reviews for The Foreign Papers
readicted chapter 11 . 9/14/2015
And the drama ensues. I like this aggressive Alice. Very surprised that Edward and Alice allowed Renata to leave, with her knowledge of not only their whereabouts, but more importantly, his involvement with Bella. I am saddened to learn that Jasper is with the Volturi, separated from his mate. I imagine he sacrificed himself to save Alice from Aro's grip. Is the map the key? Why did Edward and Alice choose Bella over other more local qualified specialists? Was it her openness to regard superstitions as possibility?
readicted chapter 10 . 9/13/2015
Edward was impatient to get to the hotel room, lol. Then when he said they couldn't make love yet, I thought Bella would either get really pissed or cry. That would've been one of my reactions. But I was tightening guess, they rounded three glorious bases. Yaaas! Bella knows the truth and Edward knows it. She's just not all together prepared to say it. Outloud. He gave her time alone tomorrow at the library, knowing full well that she will take that opportunity to research and confirm vampire legends.
readicted chapter 9 . 9/13/2015
I appreciate that regardless of her insane attraction to Edward, Bella does not play when it comes to her work. She does not want to be trifled with. Edward certainly is gently guiding her to the answers. The library action, against the wall and in the dark was so, so hot. I don't think they'll fully make love at the hotel. I think there will be some bases rounded though, like maybe three of em.
readicted chapter 8 . 9/13/2015
So she invited him to spend the night. Why is he holding back from being with her sexually? Does he want her to figure out the truth about what he is before she gives herself to him? That would make sense. But then why torture himself and Bella with all the close contact. I mean he came on pretty aggressively and now it's all pumping the brakes. That is torture. Bella's all hot and bothered. But he's so seductive and alluring. And his teasing is hot and fun to read. Bella is definitely noticing oddities in Edward's behavior. She just hasn't pieced it together in a rational explanation. Edward's words are pure heat. I do have a question- not sure if you even read your reviews anymore or not, but- My question is, did Edward seek Bella out knowing she was his mate? Had Alice seen her already? I ask because it seems as if both Alice and Edward expected Edward to be attracted to Bella right from the beginning. Edward's back was turned, as if steeling himself for her entrance. Like he already KNEW that she would be special to him. Had he been waiting for her? Anticipating her? He couldn't keep his hands off of her, right from the very first, but he still seemed composed, not out of control.
readicted chapter 7 . 9/12/2015
Enjoying the mystery. I like the twist that Edward saved Esme. So have Carlisle and Esme's had to part ways with Edward to keep Sri off their trail, or his trail more likely. Hmm.
readicted chapter 6 . 9/12/2015
Refreshing that these two do communicate. They've both admitted to strong feelings. Bella has told Edward to cease and desist from creeping into her room uninvited and demanded honesty as much as possible. I like that this Edward is so commanding without being overbearing. So far. I wondered at why Edward wouldn't have already known these approximate dates of those documents.
readicted chapter 5 . 9/12/2015
I figured he was centuries old. Our canon Edward was American so he could only be but so old. So this Edward has been around the block a bit so to say. And Alice with him? What of the others. Are they trying to find them? Okay, I'm a bit disturbed by how erotic I found that hunting scene, with Edward going after the musky cat in heat. You keep me surprised by this Edward's boldness. He basically fellated Bella's hand. My laws. That was simultaneously hot, tawdry and creepy, lol. Then I was very shocked that he permitted himself to be seen by her, and in so obviously dubious proximity to her bed, where she was naked. In a locked room. Huh. Yeah, sorry. I'd've freaked. But he is sexy and mysterious and obviously, something other. So she's not totally freaked. Alarmed, curious, but not repulsed.
readicted chapter 4 . 9/12/2015
Hmm. I was surprised by the open hostility towards 's. Stanley, pretty much right off the bat. I know she sensed it from Jessica, but she was really just abrupt and dismissive. I understand that she wanted to set the tone, or rather halt Jessica's snobbery in its tracks, but wow. I must say that I am pleased to see Tyler in an interesting and intelligent role. I hate that he's always the clown/sucker, though that is closer to canon. So Edward cops to some jealousy and proclaims his interest for Bella. So Eddie is climbing into windows in England too, hahaha.
readicted chapter 3 . 9/12/2015
Dpennell007 recc'd FP to me over on Rob Attack last week. So glad she did. Three chapters in and I am all in! This bold, mature and self-assured Edward is so…alluring. Clearly your Bella concurs full-heartedly, lol. My eyebrows stayed way up in my hairline throughout chapter 2. Holy shizz, I was surprised by this smooth, less inhibited Edward. He's quite handsy right from the start. And Bella, poor Bella is totally dazzled. Though she is not without willful participation. Just, again, surprisingly less inhibited. Not gonna lie, I'd have kicked Alice out of my room as soon as I awakened to find her creepy stalkerish ass sitting in the shadows at my bedside. And as sexy as Edward is, my rational side would be a bit freaked out about why I was sent to England and exactly what Mr. Mason wants from me. I'm so curious.
dpennell007 chapter 31 . 9/7/2015
I liked your version of how Esme came into Edward and Carlisle's lives. Your needy, possessive Edward paired with a strong Bella made for great reading, and I was totally drawn to your sacrificial lamb. RIP M!

Between this story and All That Jazz I understand that your modus operandi is decidedly anti epilogue, but I loved this story all the same. Thank you for sharing your excellent story!
RogueAlly chapter 31 . 8/10/2015
This was a truly enjoyable story and a fantastically-written AU. Thank you for sharing!
RogueAlly chapter 25 . 8/10/2015
Oh, I like this. Aro would deserve it, the bastard.
RogueAlly chapter 21 . 8/10/2015
Ooooooooh. I loved that!
RogueAlly chapter 17 . 8/10/2015
Wow, they both actually approach the concept of her change in a mature manner while retaining some of Edward's reluctance and her frustration with him. What a refreshing change from canon!
RogueAlly chapter 15 . 8/10/2015
Ah, I was wondering about Edward and Alice. I don't mind the ambiguity much because it makes as much sense as SM's "Alice can't see hybrids because genetics" explanation. In other words, I'm taking it on faith and going with it. :-)

One small, itsy-bitsy point, though. The tapestries would have been woven, not embroidered. The Bayeux "Tapestry" is an acknowledged misnomer. That's not even what it was called when it was made. It was an embroidery.
2,811 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »