Reviews for To All Good Will
Heliopause chapter 1 . 5/10/2013
I thought this was terrific; a great character study of all four (well, maybe less of Peter), and blessedly showing a plain loving and functional family, even if one operating under one huge elephant-in-the-room Issue.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 8/28/2012
A pleasant set of letters, and a nice change from "Susan is bad because she's involved with the real world" that one sometimes gets.
AlwaysABrandNewDay chapter 1 . 9/20/2011
Very interesting sibling banter... I'm getting old fashioned/ overly eloquent again. Oops...

The characters were well done, and sarcastic enough for my liking.

Caity :)
Amelia M chapter 1 . 8/22/2011
That was so adorable; I love how Edmund is getting all protective of Susan, and you can see it via letter :)
TheSarahUs chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
Ah, very much liked the 'rotter' moment (thank you very much, I'll be going round saying that now!) and Susan's polite response.

Personally the last two latters were the best, firstly because it contained the 'rotter' moments (bonus point for the language, btw!) and the little hint of Susan vs. Peter and Lucy. Edmund keeping peace seems fit for a Just King.

Oh, and also. That Susan always signed off the same way. Suits her well.
SomewhereBeyondReality chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
Nice story; like the authenticity of the time era and language ect. its nice to get that and I love the way you brought Eustace's poem into it! The connnection between Su and Ed was really lifelike and realistic; they're fun to write for as I personally always see them as the more introspective, thinkers of the four Pevensies.
thisgirlscribes chapter 1 . 4/6/2011
Ed's always struck me as the most mature of the four; perhaps his capture by the White Witch gave him a different insight into life than the other three? Whichever, this fic ilustrates Ed's maturity wonderfully, and gives a lovely view into what life might have been like for them after Narnia and before the events of The Last Battle.
Calyn chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
*bip*

This fic hath been added to my community. I like to notify people of this, since FF doesn't. :D

And faved.

OOH. ME LIKE. I like this very much indeed. I especially like the facts that it's pure bookverse, that you've done your research, that you use period language, and that both Susan and Edmund SOUND like Susan and Edmund. IN CHARACTER FOR THE WIN.
Alrissa chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
It always puzzled me how normal they seem after putting away Narnia into that hidden chamber in their hearts.

And it always pained me that the choice was not quite theirs.

On the other hand they at last cope with reality of "modern" life wit a little pool of hidden strength.

I on the other hand studiously ignore reality as more of a silly suggestion. Sure people might say I'm a bit barmy however I am not yet dead or starving and have people I might call friends so I must be doing something right.

Hm. How did a review of a nice snippet turn into an essay on my way of life? Oh well. Suffer. :P
Harlequin chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
Very nice. Understand why it's short, but would have been just as interesting to continue.
The Unicorn chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
Nice story, and all the letters seemed to be quite in character, however having the letters go back and forth that fast makes your attempts to fit in the language and culture of the times seem anachronistic.
E chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
All of this worked for me. The only negative was that it was so short.

I like how you establish "voice" very well, letting the writing designate between the characters; even without the saluatations and signatures, we'd know who wrote what letter.

The role of Edmund as peacemaker between Lu/Peter and Susan after she abaondons Narnia is one I've seen addressed before, and enjoy. You do a very good job of exploring the tension of that position in a few words. And Edmund's "rotter" comment and Susan's response are very well done.
Turban Shinzaho chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
this tells me a letter of sarcasm between
redcat512 chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
pretty good, but i think it could have had a better resolution. i do realise the intent was only to portray a snippet, but it ends rather too suddenly.