Reviews for Despite Myself
kei chapter 2 . 4/11
Youre fanfiction is so awesome vwant chapter 3 it so fun to read it
JayXNitro chapter 2 . 11/7/2014
Mika Cloud chapter 2 . 9/17/2014
this is such a great ff! it would be nice if it continued
uncleankle chapter 2 . 6/22/2012
Hey, this story is actually good! I didn't read it before because I was so focus in Mitsu things and it didnt seem to be like yuri but even if it was not, was so interesting

I liked the topic as well, the stereotypes are so strong that sometimes you start to think that you are like that or you are not good enough or the world is bad.

But it was nice that they didn't believe in those things and keep on and in the end (or maybe you'll continue?) everything's gonna be alright
GrimxEater chapter 2 . 3/20/2011
I enjoyed reading this. Its kinda funny imaging all the girls so self-conscious.
Alcandre chapter 2 . 3/17/2011
Wow, how heartbreaking. I love AU when it is written well and this is one that is written very well. Keep it up and I look forward to more!
Sarendune chapter 2 . 2/10/2011
Silliness is toned down a bit, so my only major grumph with the story is peacefully on the back burner now.

I have to say, I'm still curious as to where the story is heading in a good way. It's less predictable than I thought it would be, K-on without Keion (sp?).

Poor Yui. I'm curious to see your interpretation of the character and how she handles the rumors. She has evidence to both being overly sensitive to the perceptions of others, and also for being obstinately happy-go-lucky.
PurpleTurle3711 chapter 2 . 2/5/2011
OH MY GOD! I loved this chapter and how they 're all becoming friends and Ritsu forming the band! I can't wait! I feel bad for Yui, because people are STILL making fun of her! And when people realize this, Ritsu is not a drug dealer! Please update The Song of Elements and this story really soon!
PurpleTurle3711 chapter 2 . 2/5/2011
birdhymn chapter 2 . 2/5/2011
Nice! It's a more realistic view on high school, unfortunately for students(-_-), but I like how the situation gave a little more depth to the K-ON! girls. Like Yui worrying about hurting people.

Lol'd at the 'background' when Azusa got her trademark cat ears. A nod to the fact that Yui is again, the one who brought everyone together. Heck, this chapter just made me smile. And worry for the future.

A minor spelling mistake I did see, but it was more about where you put your space. So not much of an issue.

Sweet! Can't way to see more from you. :) In other words, update soon, or lose something not needed to type.
SimonJames chapter 2 . 2/5/2011
Ah! That was cool! I like the Azunyan part andwhen Mugi was playing the piano. Cant wait for the next on
chromate chapter 2 . 2/5/2011
hmm...I really like the idea of all of them being outcasts of school and somehow get together. Nice flow of story and can't wait for next chapter!
AlexSamtin chapter 2 . 2/5/2011
Oh! poor yui, damn those stupid girls, damn the people who is always talking bad things about others.

great fic. I will be waiting for the next chapter.
Sarendune chapter 1 . 2/4/2011
An interesting premise. The light music club if they never formed. Mio and Ritsu not knowing each other beforehand is another oddity I suppose is worth mentioning.

Of course, some of the interactions seem more gradeschool than highschool (I hate you because you don't let me fly on your private jet?) and while she can be annoying, it's hard to imagine someone getting physical with someone who they thought pretended to be stupid. A little subtlety is the difference between suspension of disbelief and a narmfest.

With my critique out of the way, I would like to say that this is actually one of the better fics I've read recently on the K-on board. I enjoyed seing Mugi as something other than a walking Yuri steriotype, and Yui is written in a way that suggests that she isn't either a complete nympho or at least osaka level crazy. I will definitely keep an eye on this story, it has real potential I think.
yojimbo89 chapter 1 . 2/1/2011
Hi first let say you made a good start with this story and I hope to read more. I like the idea you have about people making up their mind about someone just because of something they heard and being wrong. Seeing how this has happened to me alot in life I know how it feels. Anyway luck to you and update soon or i'll PM you to death. ;3