Reviews for Bindings
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 2/10/2013
This is a good one-shot story.

I know in the books, Bilbo did care for Frodo like a son, even though he wasn't Frodo's father, but his cousin. I know one of the reviewers who read this story said this, but I'm surprised Tolkien nearly considered Bilbo to be Frodo's father, which confuses me at times. I understand that blood doesn't mean family, but blood still ties people to certain relatives, as well as relationships. For the reviewers who did not like Frodo's parents: I know Drogo and Primula were only mentioned in the books, but give them a chance. They may have been the typical hobbits, but Frodo did care for them, even though he didn't let anyone notice he was grieving over losing them.

Still, this was a good one-shot story. You showed what Bilbo was thinking, at the time he left Hobbiton to travel to Rivendell.

Good work.

-Aria Breuer
Larian Elensar chapter 1 . 6/7/2003
*spoiler included-don't read this if you haven't read the story yet!*

Oh my, that was incredibly sad, but really...makes sense. I mean, I always thought Frodo should be Bilbo's son, really...I hope Bilbo could finally tell him though, say when they had both sailed west...
Forget Yesterday chapter 1 . 5/3/2002
Aaw... aak. Sad. Hobbit angst is horrible stuff. Poor hobbits. There's just something evil about making hobbits sad... ahem, sorry.

Very nicely written and I liked how you wove bits of dialogue and lines from the book through it. Overall, nice work
sgtBentonto lazy to sign in chapter 1 . 3/29/2002
Wow I love this you have got to keep going with this! PLEASE!
Sarah-Jane Smith chapter 1 . 3/25/2002
Wow, that was great please do continue! I would love to hear more!
WishingBlue chapter 1 . 3/21/2002
I love it! Please make a sequal for this fic! It desvers one.
kaalyynn chapter 1 . 3/20/2002
wow sums up the poetic flow of this piece of work..detail and desription paid off in this wonderful and captivating short, but good, read.

hopin' you'll write more...:)
Arien1 chapter 1 . 3/20/2002
Very interesting and well-written story! It was a pleasure to read. It is rather interesting how Frodo developed a personality more similar to his "mad" Uncle Bilbo than his parents, who seemed to be fairly normal for hobbits (except for the whole boat thing, of course). I've always thought of Bilbo as being Frodo's father even though he called him "Uncle." There's more to being a parent than just giving birth to a child, and the best parts of Frodo came from Bilbo. To me, Bilbo *was* Frodo's father, in relationship if not in blood. :)
Egon-Starcollector chapter 1 . 3/20/2002
*jaw drops* Whoa... Well, that would explain Bilbo's attachment to Frodo...I can't wait to see where you go with this.
Singe chapter 1 . 3/20/2002
Ohhh, YES! I loved it.

It always irritated me to no end the way Tolkien changed his mind about Frodo and made him Bilbo's nephew/cousin instead of his son as he had originally planned. Why NOT make him his son?

This story was fantastic and the ending was especially poignant. Thank you!
CandyPantha chapter 1 . 3/20/2002
wow. thats all i can think to say.

amazing as always