Reviews for To The Dawn
honey-vanilla11 chapter 1 . 6/26/2013
it is always great to read more about Matthew's involvement in the war efforts since historically Canada and the other commonwealth nations were all very much active in backing up the British empire during the ww2! i just love to read about how they all must have interacted during the various battles and operations. D your characterizations were spot-on too and made this one quite an enjoyable read!
SingBenihime chapter 1 . 2/1/2012
That was such a beautiful story.

All IC, wonderful imagery & great plot.
Konsui's Little Brother chapter 1 . 8/1/2011
Daaawwwww! It's amazing that I've read this story at least three times and still get all squeely at the end. My only issue is that, several times, you word it as though the Canadians were not a large part of the battle when they really were. Other then that, I just adore this story. I love Canada/England relations like this. It's all so...Perfect. and putting in Poland and Netherlands too. *shakes head* . Simply brilliant.
Readers-Section chapter 1 . 6/15/2011
Amazing, amazing story! The slow decline of a once-powerful empire who now depends on his former colonies but is still too proud to do so and too stuck in his isolation to believe anyone would want to help...it's such an accurate picture of England/Arthur. And I love how you showed Canada/Matthew's feelings of inferiority due to America/Canada without making him seem like a spoilt child or an overemotional teenager.

I really love how you write and how you twist these characters into history without causing them to lose any of their special characteristics.
tatterdemalion chapter 1 . 1/30/2011
Gorgeous, gorgeous. Love the interactions. Love that everyone is there - love that Feliks is there, even though I imagined him to still be with his people, fighting. I teared up at the Liverpool comment - my dad grew up near there during the Blitz and sometimes tells me about taped up windows and evacuation drills. The characterization was beautiful, and I love the relationship you made between England and Canada - I especially enjoyed the focus on how short Arthur is. Puts into perspective the slow "ending of an empire".

And Australia, oh Australia.

MelodyOfStarshine chapter 1 . 1/30/2011
Awesome story! I love how you portrayed Matthews feelings...

And thumbs up for the appearance of Englands former colonies!

Pleeeease, write a sequel O.O
aile-chan chapter 1 . 1/30/2011
Oh Wow, this is so sweet. I find this more like family, and that's amazing. We never get enough of Canada and England!
kakita101 chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
This must be to be the best Blitz story that I have read so cudos for you. Also, I hope you are planning on doing a sequel.
KitakLaw chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
I enjoyed this story very much, and it's great to see Arthur getting the support he needs :)