Reviews for If the Roles Were Reversed
Nastu Dragoneel chapter 22 . 5/18
Im looking forward and hoping for more relationship development between kagome and inuyasha its just sooo juicy!
Nastu Dragoneel chapter 20 . 5/18
Damn thats 2 days worth of classes skipped while reading this fan fic just 2 good :ok_hand: :fire: :100:
Jingyee1511 chapter 54 . 4/28
I really really loved this chapter! Was so worried to read how the battle commenced when Kagome was still human! So well done, depicting the injuries and the compromises due to her human strength. I love how you took apart Kagome's decision and laid down so clearly to Jinenji's mother what it entailed. It's always common to look up to other people but not really get to understand the sacrifices and losses they have had to make to reach where they are! I think it's a very important lesson that you showed your readers implicitly when Kagome explained it explicitly. Was also very glad at how you had Kagome debrief Inuyasha! Good points. Can't wait to see what Inuyasha makes of Kagome's solo battle style! And how it influences their bond. All the best for your college classes and thank you for making time to create this beautiful fic!
thecagedsong chapter 54 . 4/23
NOOOOOOO! HE ISNT HERE YET! I need him. I need him. Please let them meet up soon.
now that that's out of my system, another awesome chapter! I love this so much. You do Naraku exceptionally well. He isn't as powerful because he doesn't have jewel shards, but his true power has always been the ability to screw with people's minds. I'm surprised he hasn't played on Inuyasha and Kagome's trust issues more, since it's pretty fragile right now. I can't wait for the next chapter, whenever life let's you get it out.
thecagedsong chapter 47 . 4/22
I really like how you are highlighting Kagome's helplessness to stop herself from breaking Inuyashas heart. It can be easy to only focus on the heartbroken one, their feelings tend to be more relateable and more extreme. The anime does this by having Kagome as the narrator. You give both sides a voice though, and sometimes love just hurts and no one can control it. Right now she's refusing to leave Inuyasha's side while wearing Kouga's fur, and she's hurting too. I love it.
As for how evil the jewel is by nature, that's an interesting take on it. In the anime we hear Naraku boasting about the inevitable tainting of the jewel, but I've always wondered if it could be used for good, if someone was willing. Kagome used it to travel to the past, an act that was definitely not evil. I guess I came for the characters and stayed for the disection and discussion of the nature of good, evil, prejudice, and power.
thecagedsong chapter 47 . 4/22
thecagedsong chapter 45 . 4/22
I'm dying, I need Kouga, and I need him here now! Honestly, I wouldn't mind if Kagome and Inuyasha stayed bff's and pack, it's doing so much more for their growth right now than if anything romantic started happening. I've been waiting to review until Kouga showed up, then my review would have been all squeals, but he never comes!I'm DYING. you are a fantastic author, and it's fun reading this fic and watching you improve your writing from it's already high standard. Also, your original arcs are gorgeous. more than once when reading a book I became irritated because the author passed up an opportunity to make a character grow, but I never feel that way with you, lol. Now I'm waiting for Inuyasha to make good on his promise and almost get himself killed protecting Kagome, making her feel weak and useless, or bloodthirsty. I'm waiting for that and for KOUGA.
lordlava123 chapter 54 . 4/5
Gotta say it again I love that your still writing this story! The details in the fight scenes the feeling when kagome is bonding Everything I'm liking this one actually a bit more then the original series
MirrorFlower and DarkWind chapter 54 . 4/1
Ohh this is great i love it
Inkjelly chapter 1 . 3/31
oh my God the suspense and tension in this chapter! it felt so good to see kagome finally show the villagers what's up, jinenji too! I can't wait for the next chapter!
Inkjelly chapter 1 . 3/31
Strawberry Cocaine chapter 53 . 3/31
Yay! A chapter after 20 years! I feeling like an old lady now, JK! ;D

So as you know it took me a while to get to this chapter because I needed to refresh my memory and boy did I love how you opened it with Jinenji’s mother’s not so polite welcoming! I that was a cute light-hearted touch before the emotional ride I was expecting from this chapter which you delivered by the way! I also very much appreciate adding that layer of real uneasy distrust from Jinenji’s mother towards the ‘human girl’ who want’s to help prove her son’s innocence. I thought it was way more believable having the older woman kind of condescend Kagome’s intentions.

I like how you brought Jinenji’s and his mother’s living conditions to our attention. I felt like it gave it a certain ambiance especially from Kagome’s point of view and how she’s just observing everything. It’s almost like she’s having an outer body experience. Kagome’s observations were interesting. She understands Jinenji on a level no one else could possibly understand but at the same time she seems at a loss and emotionally absent in the sense that she doesn’t have a clue of his suffering.

I was especially intrigued by the scene where they’re pulling weeds together and Kagome making comparisons between them. There was a childlike awe in her observations of him. I feel like her low self-esteem was very present here and I felt conflicted THROUGH her. On one hand, I understand her reasoning for keeping her secret that she is half-demon herself and on the other, there was almost the sense of shame not because she isn’t proud of who she is but the stigma of what she is was very prevalent in what she wasn’t revealing. In a way I found IRWR Kagome having her own unique voice separate from Canon Kagome for the first time. I don’t know how to explain it. There was something very ‘esoteric’ about this chapter and the two in question. Maybe it was the dual personalities, the yin and yang, different yet similar speech. I feel like something beyond happened here but I can’t quite put my finger on it.

I don’t know if you were trying for humor when Miroku’s gentle push made InuYasha’s knees bend but it certainly made me chuckle! :3

I love Naraku, he’s such an asshole! I’ll come back to this jerk through a PM next time, actually, I might have to discuss this whole chapter with you in general!

There is absolutely no way InuYasha DIDN’T go to Kagome! I refuse to believe it! The pull is too much for him!

Excited to see where this is going and more Jinenji and Kagome interactions, please!
Talawolfgirl chapter 54 . 3/31
love it.
inuyashalvrtoo chapter 53 . 3/15
Finally. I waited 500 years fir this chapter and you delivered. Thank you. Loved it.
CyanRua chapter 53 . 3/13
I remember last week when the notification for this story popped up on my phone, and I glazed over it thinking it was just another unimportant email. I did a double take when it said "If the Roles Were Reversed." I had to suppress a smile in class because we were taking notes, but the whole time I was just so overwhelmed with happiness that my personal favorite story was back! The minute I got home all I wanted was to read the chapter, but I had to reread the entire thing to celebrate (and because I forgot some things that happened). I'm not as talented a writer as you are, but I'm so grateful that I found your story. Your writing is absolutely gorgeous and I'm always wanting more and to experience this beautiful world you created. I will definitely continue reading this story no matter how long it takes because you and your story are most definitely worth it. As for the last chapter, AHHH! I love that you're so sadistic to your characters and your readers, especially after this cliffhanger. One of the things that I especially adore about this story is that it's a beautifully balanced blend between canon and your imagination. That's the reason why I was so caught off guard when Naraku forced Inuyasha to make that decision. I know that this review is really long so it's ok if you just skipped to the end:) I'm glad that you came back and are ok, and I'll be here until the end3