Reviews for Initial D Tora! Tora! Tora! volume 3
Anon chapter 17 . 10/27/2013
Thanks for the great story, I hope there's more to come. I'm pretty interested in your OCs, more than the Project D story line only since it can't fit into Initial D canon (Takumi retires the 86 after his race with Shinji).

Overall it's well done, although definitely some work could be done with grammar and spelling, and the odd technical detail like RON vs AKI octane ratings, the 93/94 octane US fuel rated in AKI would be perfectly acceptable in a Japanese car designed for 102 RON octane fuel, the two ratings would be nearly the same if they were both RON or both AKI. (yes, I've made this comment recently, only without as much detail...)

Just a potential direction things could go in... Toyota's UZ V8 engine will fit in an 86 engine bay without significant modification to get it in there and the tranny lines right up with where the 86's transmission mounts. Then again he could go crazy and somehow get cash for a LS swapped S2000, of which a few dozen have been built IRL.

One other technical nit-pick, turbo engines can make gobs of torque, it's just that it won't usually come on at lower RPMs, it's quite likely that the RB26 is making more power and torque than some of the V8s, but the V8s make their peak torque earlier. Since the RB has variable valve timing(VVT) it should be making at least reasonable torque at all levels, unlike the V8s which should have some breathing issues at high revs.

You mentioned tuning by changing cams earlier, this is still a factor with newer engines too. A hotter cam will make a newer engine make more power at high RPM, but hurt it at lower revs, just like an older engine. In a newer engine with VVT you have multiple cam profiles so the engine either changes from one profile to another (like old VTEC when the VTEC "kicks in") or the cam profile changes infinitely with RPM. Either way this improves breathing so your cam profile is more low-end friendly in the low range and more high-end friendly in the high without compromises like a non-VVT engine must make. You can still alter the cam though so that the low range profile becomes more exaggerated, or the high range profile becomes tamer or more wild, and then after doing so the ECU can be re-programmed to change where the profile changes over.

TL;DR: Good story and the little details I'm whining about won't matter to most people. Still makes me wish I could get you a technical advisory team though, just like Shuichi-san has for official Initial D works.
Joette chapter 17 . 6/17/2013
I've read part 1-2-3. I enjoyed it! waiting on the next update. Also thanks for writing Initial D fanfic. Sorry I'm just now posting a review, your story is good. I hope you keep going with it. I have to say one more thing...I just kept reading that is why there are no review on each chapter :)
timmo.er chapter 15 . 8/29/2012
I can never get bored of reading your stories, as there is always something new. I can't wait to see the rest of Project D race against the Americans. Can't wait to see the next part!
Ads chapter 1 . 6/14/2012
Hey. I just read all 3 stories. Your an amazing writer and what a great story. Can't wait for more updates.
Daniela chapter 13 . 5/1/2012
Hey,

Great chapter, I like how you explained how the diskbrakes work and you have a lot of good detail. Your an awsome writer!
Ren.Mazda chapter 13 . 4/24/2012
Another enjoyable chapter :) I definitely like where this is going. Can't wait for the next chapter!
The Guy in the Background chapter 3 . 4/4/2012
Ooh! Nice, story is fun and has got facts that I don't know! But I trust are somewhat true.

I guess if you wanted a car to go faster the cheapest and first things that could be done are straight pipes and a less restrictive aircleaner...

~The Guy in the Background~
Daniela chapter 11 . 3/23/2012
Jimmy,

Awsome as usual. Your writing makes me feel like im there. Keep it up

Love,

Daniela
BlackSmithh chapter 11 . 3/22/2012
Another amazing chapter. I'm excited for the next installment. I was so ready to for Project D to finally drive in the same area as Bud and Mallory. Keep it up dude!

-DoubleClutch
Silver-wolf009 chapter 10 . 3/7/2012
Great, I like the fact that you took a few chapters to introduce your O/C. Also the prospect of a new racer in Gunma is nice. I can't wait for the next update. (o V o)
Daniela chapter 10 . 2/28/2012
Once again an awsome read. I like how everything just fits together and makes sense. You do a wonderful job keep it up!

Love Daniela
BlackSmithh chapter 9 . 2/13/2012
Very Excited for the next chapter. Been following this story for about a year now and it keeps getting better! I love what you're doing with Takumi and his thinking. I feel like I'm reading a part of the actual series. You did very well in keeping everyone in character and keeping their personalities. The only thing I see a little wrong is Keisuke feelings towards his older brother, Ryosuke. I feel they are a bit too strong. But other than that small detail, it's near perfect. Awesome Job!

-DoubleClutch
margrave-of-the-stars chapter 8 . 1/6/2012
Dont't know what happened there, uploaded the unedited version. I replaced it though, hanks for catching that Shadow.
Shadow55419 chapter 8 . 1/6/2012
dude, you messed up just a little, your were supposed to put, Chris said, in that little side note spot where i said (put in the guys name).

still a good chapter.
Shadow55419 chapter 7 . 12/5/2011
again some beta reading is needed, mostly word usage again, and things like that.

great chapter nice detail.