Reviews for Regrets
red.masenko chapter 1 . 2/3/2014
I just re-watched the episode where Tsunade is back and talks to him. Was hoping for a fanfic, and found a great one ;).

I love this take on the situation. Wonderfully written!
10th Squad 3rd Seat chapter 1 . 11/27/2013
Oh dem feels...
Crimson Sakura Princess chapter 1 . 6/19/2013
I wouldn't want to be in Shikaku's shoes. Only Tsunade can break table in half and have a man easily under her thumb.

Great job depicting the ruthless side of our fair Godaime, loves. You never cease to amaze me.

Crimson Sakura Princess
time2read chapter 1 . 12/16/2012
wow just wow!
Guest chapter 1 . 2/3/2012
Another Tsunade Shikaku story and let me say wow I liked it both of characters were in character. Shikaku is my favorite Family shinobi his son Shikamaru being the first. I like when both were in the bar, its so like Shikaku and Tsunade. Tsunade' threads were well Bs she has shikaku and them, so she's still lucky. Again great job .
Shadow Owner chapter 1 . 7/14/2011
Hey lrs,

I'm pretty sure I read this previously, and am thus surprised that I haven't reviewed it yet.

Tsunade's desperation and Shikaku's vexations - both blended nicely in this fict. While I get the impression (and I'm grateful for it) that Tsunade's threats were merely her comments in pique, it certainly brought out Shikaku's resolve to make sure that this time was was properly, entirely equipped for his role.

I can just imagine this scenario taking place! :)

Shadow
Rarely Lethal Lumberjacks chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
I've read alot of your stories lately, and I have to say: You're an amazing writer! Shikaku is one of my favorite characters in Naruto, and you've written quite a few about him. That alone gets my attention! Makes me ashamed that I didn't leave more reviews... XD

Anywho, I really love this fic. This sounds exactly like something that might have occured between these two. There must have been plenty of hostility when Tsunade returned to the village after all those years, leading to plenty of tense moments, and this captures one of those moments perfectly.

All in all, an awesome fic.
BundleofContradictions chapter 1 . 2/1/2011
That was a superb battle of will. In all actuality, Shikaku was always on Tsunade's side. It's just like a Nara to refuse work before ultimately accepting it. ;)

But, man, was he *hurt*! And he had every right to be. Even assuming your "Hero" story isn't canon (LOL, maybe it is? ;D), Tsunade still left the village high and dry. Didn't return in the aftermath of the Kyubi attack (you'd think the world's best medic-nin could've helped, right?), didn't return when rumors about her former teammate swirled with accurate accusations of experimentation, torture, and death of many subjects, including innocent children.

Didn't even return when Orochimaru did the ultimate betrayal of a team-killing not only a team member, but its master and sensei.

So when she waltzes in a week or so *after* Orochimaru wrecked havoc on the villiage, why would Shikaku trust her outright? Why would any of her direct kohais trust her at all?

This fic fits (although I have a hard time seeing Tsunade throw around bs threats like that-then again, she *was* drunk!)

It also captured Shikaku (and the original Ino-Shika-Cho team's) habit of being complacent and drinking a bit too much, and how they had to go back to *real* work! :D

I love this one-shot!

(I really hope we get more Ino-Shika-Cho action in Naruto proper-seeing the team assembled and working like a well oiled machine again would rock! And if they tag-team with their kids? *starry eyed* squee!)
Addster chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
This was absolutely awesome. The interplay between the two and the ease Tsunade had in shooing Chouza and Inoichi away was great. This was an incredible read, faving this. :P
otherrealmwriter chapter 1 . 1/30/2011
Nice this is a deep fic.
PSITeleport chapter 1 . 1/30/2011
Simply excellent. The emotion they both displayed, particularly the subtlety with which you handled Shikaku, although it's not like I would have expected any less. Tsunade's insistence that *she* had nothing to lose was really spot on.

And, sorry, but the deviant part of my brain picked up a hint o' slash. Tee hee. I know Tsunade's a woman, but still. :D
top chapter 1 . 1/30/2011
Interesting. Oddly I found it a little darkly humorous if only because Shikaku was basically doing the same thing he was accusing Tsunade of doing.
SammyQuill chapter 1 . 1/30/2011
*gasps*

The last part literally took my breath away, loves! And it makes perfect sense. I have to admit when I saw the Tsunade/Shikaku pairing, I thought there would be some discussion of how Tsunade basically bunked the younger ninja and then left the next morning from your other fic.

And it makes so much sense the way Tsunade threatens him. He has a family, a son, friends. And Tsunade would never be afraid to play dirty, she can't afford to not get her own way in something so important.

This was really well done, it made me feel sad and awed and so many other things. Perfect fic to kick off the Chinese New Year holidays!

Thank you!
korovan chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
NIce, well done. BTW, I think all the threats she made against Shikaku's family were bluff/BS, and he knew it...