Reviews for An Unexpected Someone
NinjaSheik chapter 1 . 8/12
Aww, father and son bonding is a beautiful thing, even though neither of the knows it! XD Such a shame we didn't get to see them bond. Lot in the game.

Squall is so rude even when he's nice! His note was funny and caring, too! Man, I seriously loved Laguna, even more now that he was a voice!

By the way, you have a lot of grammar mistakes in your fics, but the fics I've read so far are really enjoyable. :) It's so cool you write a lot of FFVIII and KH fics, which I hope I can sometime in the near future when I have the time. Anyway, great fic!
Ai Mamoru chapter 1 . 3/27/2014
Good story! I love Laguna.

You know, before this, I always thought that the Laguna and Squall from Dissidia came from the same time, but your idea (or is it canon?) of Laguna coming from his Winhill time makes a lot of sense. After all his default attire is what he wears there. I really like this twist in the story, that Squall knows who he's talking to, while Laguna only feels this familiarity. Brilliant!

Once again I applaud you for your ability to get into your characters heads and make them act so totally in character.
pinkperson chapter 1 . 2/2/2012
That was really good. Great characterizations of Laguna and Squall :) I thought the part when Laguna got too excited about wanting to go home and Squall telling him to calm down was cute :P
Lartovio chapter 1 . 10/3/2011
(Didn't log in)

I loved that! It was really... for lack of better word, cute! Squall was perfect, and I like how you added in how Laguna always screws up sayings! People overlook that a lot...

Thanks for the fic,

*~* Lartovio *~*
Phonesy chapter 1 . 10/1/2011
Every. Single. Time. I get the fuzzies every single time I read this.

Keep it up.
Scribbleness chapter 1 . 7/24/2011
now THAT'S a pretty darn goo one-shot. i won't elaborate more how good you wrote this story, how well you organized the plot, or how you perfectly portrayed laguna's and squall's characters. but i did oblige myself to tell you a few more things out of this story's technical composition.

the ending gave me goosebumps. oh, the nostalgia of playing final fantasy 8. i take it that squall must be REALLY smart to have figured out who ellone and raine are.

... ah, yeah, must be the dreams he had before he got himself into the duodecim world.

but anyhows, this story has a sticking factor to me, and i really honestly think this is a brilliant work of a genius. its originality is rare, but it made me, as the reader feel good. )

oh, and just so you know, had i been the recipient of squall's message out of dirt, i would've sliced the ground and carry it for keepsake. it has traces of squall's fingers on it!
Ars Silentium chapter 1 . 4/28/2011
You make me want to play FFVIII. :

I believe this is the first full-length story I've read that's from you. Man, this is so sweet. XD It's a good thing I actually sort-of know Squall's family tree.

I love how blunt Squall is. I love how much of an idiot Laguna seems to be. XD Gad, I love them both, even if I don't know them that well. BAH, shoot me. XD

Nothing wrong that I can see here in terms of spelling and grammar and what not. Man, this is going on my faves...

Keep it up! Love to see more works (that I can understand. -shot-)!
Kupo Lady chapter 1 . 4/22/2011
This story is simply too cute and fun to read, you've done a great job with the characters, the dialogues and the ending, I really didn't want it to end, is there any chance you'll continue this story? or perharps another fic with those two? I'd love to read some more. I hope you write more about them and the warriors of light in the dissidia world, I thank you for such a great fanfiction! :D
Blue Jae chapter 1 . 4/6/2011
I am currently going through a love of the awesome laguna thanks to dissidia duodecim, and the truth is when i went into this category, i didn't really expect too many good stories. I shiver at some of the laguna/squall stories on the ff8 fanfictions.

This story however is EXACTLY what i wanted.

I've read it at least three times already and really really enjoy it! Both your squall and laguna are very much in character, and i can imagine this is how an interaction between the two would be.

lol and you know the little revelation at the end was nice; squall knows more than he let slip. you get the readers to think with that, and i know it had me reading again to try and figure out just how much he knew.

ahhh, i really really enjoyed this story :) apart from a few grammatical errors (which always seem to happen lol), it's really very excellent*adds to favorites*

great job!

~blue jae
Maloire chapter 1 . 2/1/2011
Gotta say I've got high expectations for this game! Exciting! I'm still wondering how they're going to remedy the time issue. Is Squall taken from the point just before time compression? (I haven't played the first Dissidia, but this is supposed to be a prequel of sorts anyway, right? *shrug*)

Love the interaction between the father-son duo. (Hahah, Squall telling Laguna to shut up XD!)

Love the banter between them. Laguna's got a point about it being seemingly unlikely for Squall to be not prepared, and I find it ironic that Laguna actually is (what with his habit of losing things, heheh!) 3 "Do you have a happy face?"

You did a fantastic job weaving the conversation together and the dirt-notes too. Everything felt in-character.

Not sure if this was a typo or just teen slang:

"If [you] got nothing to say, I'm leaving."

~ you've
Koneko003 chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
OOOhhh... I love Squall and I love this fic... Good Job, good fic

Ja ne
Squall.Is.The.Best chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
absolutely adorable!

gotta love funny ol'laguna (and Squall, of course x]), missed him lots

2 thumbs up for ya ]