Reviews for Gives It Meaning
Willow Yew chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
excellent. The story was not very rushed, which is good, and the grammer and spelling is wonderful.

That being said, France seems a little out of character to me. Shouldn't he be hitting on anything that moves? I guess that it could be explained as France loving Maddie, but just for thought.

Also, the declarations of love seem a little fast to me, but all in all, a very good story.
secretassassingirl chapter 1 . 11/5/2011
Nice~! i luved this story!
Zelda12343 chapter 1 . 7/7/2011
Cute!
niki uchiha chapter 1 . 4/2/2011
sooo cute! im sry it took me so long to read this. i love gilberts pick up line!
ultimatebishoujo21 chapter 1 . 2/7/2011
Awwww how cute! I love it!
Ukraine1120 chapter 1 . 2/1/2011
Omg! Ukrainexamerica is like awesome on top of epic! I loved this so much! You write so well and the idea and the pairings and and... Awesome :DDDD
kerricarri chapter 1 . 1/30/2011
I know not much exposition is needed in order to establish a crush, but the span of time in this fic seems too short to justify 'love' in both of their cases. You can argue these are serious cases of unrequited love, but there's just too little background info to justify such a strong feeling as love (unless it were cases of love at first sight?). From my impressions from the short exposition, I'd assumed both girls were merely crushing on the two guys (albeit pretty deep ones). Both of their natures are sweet and gentle, so it didn't feel like they were desperately in lust, it just felt like they were two close girlfriends who spent a lot of time together recently to lament on their unrequited love.

That's why proclamations of love at the party seemed abruptly and awkwardly out of place, though it felt much natural with Maddie since we saw it coming (Francis gave clues since the beginning that he was interested in her, and finally he approached her with the intention of kissing). It was a relationship in the making and was paced appropriately. Alfred, meanwhile, only showed signs of interest at the party, and then just like that he not only accepts a love confession but admits to being in love in return? I couldn't suspend my disbelief. Basically the fic rushed along the romance, and it was tied much too neatly in the epilogue.

On the other hand I did enjoy this fic and its pairings. I especially liked seeing girl!Canada and Ukraine as close girlfriends because I haven't seen that combination before, not with Canada genderbent. The execution of the fic wasn't perfect and the hasty ending didn't do it for me, but I definitely did like the fic and wouldn't hesitate in rereading it again.
Noelle chapter 1 . 1/30/2011
ffs, my mum took away my ds stylis

howeveryouspellit ;w;

so now im typing with my fingers-

ANYWAY.

I love your writing style~ it's very smooth and doesn't make things sound awkward~
Hemsjfhsiqms chapter 1 . 1/30/2011
Awwwwwwwwww :)))))) awww that was amazing!