Reviews for Diplomacy for Dummies
ValKriston chapter 1 . 6/22
What a great story! Wouldn't we all love to be that patient and erudite, and wind up telling our "Bosses" off with such glee? (and have such a lovely time the evening before?) Wonderful...but who do the ambassadors wind up having dinner with? hmmmmm..maybe Hikaru?
tanseynz chapter 1 . 4/18
In case you were wondering, I LOVE the Memo series. Every time it gets to the My Jim/My Spock, my seams just about unravel.
delia cerrano chapter 1 . 4/24/2012
Love this style of writing - memos or letters back & forth.

Funny, very funny.
risaXrisa chapter 1 . 7/31/2011
Aww...that really good. Would've liked to read even more though
Whispi chapter 1 . 7/24/2011
This is possibly the most creative KS story I have ever come across. I loved that it got the point across-Kirk and Spock are now bondmates-without being overly graphic about it. And the part where Kirk was defending himself against Starfleet was hilarious. I think the only thing that I wasnt leaping over the moon about was the characterization: Kirk seemed a little too much like the Kirk from ST:2009. But I know that's what you normally write, so...that makes sense.

Lovely job!

LuminiaAravis chapter 1 . 4/1/2011
Deliciously creative and a real pleasure to read!
Jinx Friday chapter 1 . 3/25/2011
It’s another memo story! I love these SO much. As always, perfect transition from formal to informal – especially the headings.

Nice creative name for San Francisco. I think they should officially adopt it. :D

And my goodness, all the ‘egregious behaviors’ are SO TRUE! I have a feeling Starfleet DID send something like this out to him. Probably several times.

‘Horizontal negotiations.’ Wow. That’s even better than ‘aggressive negotiations’ from Star Wars, and I bet I’ll start using that term everywhere now.

You unsplit his infinitive! I just jumped around my living room for a minute or so screaming that – “She unsplit his infinitive!” (And yes, I see the irony of unsplit not even being a word. I can still appreciate your amazing grammar. :) )

They actually used one of Bones’s phrases. In an official communiqué. To Starfleet Command. ABOUT A PIG. I have a strong feeling that was Jim’s idea.

Favorite quotes:

‘You will be required, therefore, to inform Starfleet Command that I am unavailable, indisposed, or otherwise unwilling to discuss the contents of said communiqué until a more convenient time. Like never.’

‘Nor has my communication patterns been unduly influenced by Lt. Sulu. (At least not as far as I am currently aware.)’

‘every sentient being in a skirt, pants, overalls, and/or flowing diaphanous garments of indeterminate nature in this or any other galaxy’

‘I hope that my right boot is there because I am unable to locate it in here.’

‘Locked even against nosey CMOs who might wonder where you are and think they can override your security code.’

Thanks again for the lovely, lovely story of epic win! ) A wonderful glimpse into life aboard the Enterprise.
Doni chapter 1 . 2/18/2011
Another great addition to the memo collection. Nicely done as always.
Doro.neko chapter 1 . 2/2/2011
"Of course. Under your desk. I do recall removing it while there."

Heeeeeeeeeee. It's the best line ever, especially when you picture Spock saying it in his oh-so-serious tone. Loves it.
MyriadProBold chapter 1 . 2/1/2011
Nice job. I really enjoy the memo series.
SparklyLalala chapter 1 . 2/1/2011
To cute and funny lol. I have to say that I am ashamed of my dirty mind because I giggled on almost all msg's that they received with dirty thoughts. Did you had that intent or is it just me? lol

Spock loosing his right boot hahahahahaha...I can just imagine him hobbling to his quarters. That would rise quite a few eyebrows in vulcan style imitation lol.

"And as Spock says 'just means there's more of me to love.'" awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, no not really Jimbo...but awwwwwwwwwwww :D
Law Denvir chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
Lmao, Awww! "More of me to love" Awwwww. I'll use that next time someone calls me fat. XD
SpirkTrekker42 chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
ShamelessSpocker chapter 1 . 1/30/2011
ROCK ON! This is terrific, better than terrific, it's awesome to the nth degree. You have such a talent with these memos, you render me practically speechless. First, the two are bickering about whether he can come over and talk to him. Kirk's being stubborn saying "no" and Spock's being just as stubborn saying "But, but!" It gets better from there. I guess Spock wanted to talk to Jim in person to reduce the sting of some of these accusations. And he apparently *can* take the sting out and make it all better too! This is definitely a happy ending, even with Kirk admitting he may have a weight problem but Spock says there's just more of him to love. That was adorable. This whole thing was excellent. Thank you so much for posting this!
MirrorFlower and DarkWind chapter 1 . 1/30/2011
hahahha nice just nice i loved it great job