Reviews for The Engagement
AkiraRamsheen chapter 19 . 6/15/2014
This chapter seemed slightly odd in construction. Is it just me? I have to admit some part of me expected House to crack into a smile and say "jusk kidding!" While I wholeheartedly believe House and Wilson are in love with one another House is just too much of a stubborn ass to admit to admitting the possibility of loving Wilson could possibly be true :)
Your decision to experiment with the pov was a good one. I can't imagine how different the story would be if it were written in third person and I don't want to. I'm sure you spent a lot of time editing this and I think it was worth it. I love this story and would greatly appreciate a sequel or an add on of any sort (as long as I can 'see' House and Wilson as they go back to work and Cuddy finally realized they were telling the truth). I'm sure your fans will agree (I hope so) that a sequel would be awesome! Well, with a heavy heart farewell.
AkiraRamsheen chapter 18 . 6/15/2014
Do you know what stream of consciousness is? Near the beginning and near the end of the chapter your writing reminded me of it. I like it, it's different. The intimate scene seems slightly awkward to me but I can still imagine it in my mind. Job well done on the pov changes throughout the chapter.
AkiraRamsheen chapter 17 . 6/15/2014
Haha seemed a bit awkward but I honestly can't see it playing out any differently if this were to happen to them. I'm glad they finally tied the knot after twenty long years.
AkiraRamsheen chapter 16 . 6/15/2014
Wow. Cuddy is either stupid, in denial, dense or all of the above. House would joke about marrying Wilson but never having sex with him, it's obvious he's serious. God I can't wait to 'see' her face when she learns the truth.
Yay they got married! I can almost see the image in my head of House and Wilson together at that fountain. It's wonderful.
AkiraRamsheen chapter 15 . 6/15/2014
Okay so I might feel some sort of pity for Cuddy...it just passed. I mean really, how could she not see this coming? Wilson has got 20 years, is practically glued to House's hip, and House had some part to play in Wilson's failed relationships. Other than a flashing sign I don't think it could've been more obvious. I have to 'see' what happens when Cuddy realized that House and Wilson are telling the truth.
AkiraRamsheen chapter 14 . 6/15/2014
Makes sense that the chapter started out with Cuddy's pov. I definitely cringed most of this chapter. It was almost like watching a trainwreck, I couldn't peel my eyes away. Job well done on the pov change.
AkiraRamsheen chapter 13 . 6/15/2014
Another thing I noticed in this story. Even when the characters' admit their feelings for one another, they don't suddenly allow themselves to be whisked away and fall into some fairytale trance. This seems much more realistic and in character. I admit some small part of me wanted them to throw themselves into each others arms and profess their love endlessly but I'm glad it turned out this way. And this is how I know they belong together. They get one another on a level that is way beyond friendship (if only the directors could understand this...).
AkiraRamsheen chapter 12 . 6/15/2014
What a beautifully written chapter. They practically bared their souls on this one, well done. Once again that little fanfiction fairy is whispering into your ear telling you when to switch POVs right? The transitions are believable and so is the dialog. I am a bit surprised House was the first to make the jump and allude feelings of love. The dialog after that seemed just like them :)
AkiraRamsheen chapter 11 . 6/15/2014
House to Wilson to House to Wilson pov. How did you know when to switch at the right moment? House and Wilson's inner thoughts are revealed through the setting in awesome dialog.
Cuddy and House really would fight about something they agree on...so stupid.
AkiraRamsheen chapter 10 . 6/15/2014
So emotional. I desperately hoped House wouldn't chase after Cuddy, but people are conditoned to run from what they feel aren't they? House may have accepted that ring from Wilson because of convenience but he, in some way, wanted to accept Wilson any way he could. Don't worry Wilson, House is just as 'messed up' as you!
AkiraRamsheen chapter 9 . 6/15/2014
This chapter. wow. Honestly why did Cuddy expect anything different? Maybe she didn't realize the person she said yes to marrying was Gregory House. Once again the dialog is very in character, epecially when the pov switches to House's control in the middle. His honestly just proves how much he doesn't want to be with her, I couldn't help but snicker :)
AkiraRamsheen chapter 8 . 6/15/2014
Yay! You decided to continue with House's pov in the beginning of the chapter.
Thank you chubby sales clerk for pointing out what so many of us stay up late a night thinking about and secretly hoping for. I love the intimacy of that entire scene and how Wilson's pov begins as he and House are thinking about each other and wanting to be together. The way you fit in Wilson's sudden irritation as he realizes House is marrying Cuddy just goes to show how human and realistic this story is. (I really want to see them acting this story out!)
AkiraRamsheen chapter 7 . 6/15/2014
I should say this before I forget: I like that the entire time the group was at the department store, the pov was mostly in Wilson's control. I felt like I was watching and experiencing through Wilson's eyes (I know it sounds crazy.) The scene where House and Wilson begin searching for presents based on their time together without them even realizing was so simplistic and completely them. And that Freudian slip that House made, my mouth literally dropped open and I couldn't help but smile.
The switch to House's pov just as he thinks what Wilson is thinking...perfect. They both admit it to themselves but bury it once again and move on. I just love it :)
AkiraRamsheen chapter 6 . 6/15/2014
I truly feel bad for House becuase I know it would torture him to go through all this wedding stuff. Then I realize Wilson's with him the entire time and my sympathies are immediately devoted to him. The dialog is very much in character which I cannot thank you enough for (too many OOC horror stories you would not believe!) and after Cuddy leaves with her sister I think, "finally. Now House can relax with Wilson and take it easy."
AkiraRamsheen chapter 5 . 6/15/2014
At first I thought this pov would make more sense if it were in Wilson's pov but at the end of the chapter I thought, "I see I was wrong." Everything just fell into place with Wilson's pov and I see it made much more sense this way. At the beginning during their conversation House and Wison's tension is practically tangible! I thought, "he'll definitely tell him now, they're practically yelling it" but of course they bury it.
When they go shopping in the department store for wedding gifts and House 'feels up' Wilson's hands my eyes were practically glued to the screen in anticipation and I thought again, "Wilson will surely crack and whisper sweet words to House here" but he doesn't and keeps on burying. If this ever happened in the show and they secretly loved each other (I know it wouldn't but I can still dream) I would imagine the scene happening like this. Job well done.