Reviews for How It Ends
RedNek chapter 1 . 11/29/2012
Kepp on trucking brotha!
Rowan chapter 1 . 12/23/2011
absolutely loved this. Write more for this is England. please. you're a good writer. you capture the characters so well in this one short.

I'm having withdrawl symptoms ever since this is England 88. it sucks that they only make, a few episodes, and then you have to wait over a year for the next. looks like this is england 1990 is coming out, perhaps late next year.

Fave characters, Woody, Lol, Shaun, and combo.

I love the film and the series even more.

filling in the gaps is good with this is England because, you can speculate about what may have happened. as they don't tell you everything.

You should write a longer fic. about the whole gang.
MaddieKatez chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
Wonderful. Beautifully written..if only there were more chapters! But I understand it as a type of closure to the movie. I've been looking for a Lol/Woody story and sadly can't find any. I think you'd be great at that, just saying *hoping against hope you might think about it* :) Well done again with this one.
whazzup3929 chapter 1 . 12/3/2011
THIS...IS...SPARTA!
KING FELIX chapter 1 . 2/19/2011
If there's one thing worse than delivering bad feedback, it's delivering gushing praise -and yet, this is a hell of good epilogue for This Is England (and I love that film so much, I have the Director's Commentary on my Archos). Usually, I'm not sure about stories written in the present tense -they only really work, I think, if the author is willing to dramatise every little flutter of the character's consciousness and every variation in the ambience -and yet this is exactly what CMX does. The characterisation of Shaun and Woody is down. It perfectly sums up the eerie, claustrophobic comraderie of the film. And the other stories by CMX are about Gorillaz? Nice! Zietgeist! Melting pot! Will read them while commuting / skiving work. This is what is all about. All other readers should take note -the more rarified the source material the better. Maybe I'll write a story about Aphex Twin?
swan-scones chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
HUGE cardiac arrest when realsing you'd written This Is England fic! :D

I'm completely bowled over, darling. As always you've captured this beautifully. Shaun's thoughts are just so perfectly arranged - the twelve-year-old voice has been constructed wonderfully, but there's a sort of 'adult' undertone, the negativity, it was such a brilliant demonstration of the impact the gang had on wee Shaun. And then Lol oh oh oh god oh god, she's so perfect, all agressive and maternal and everything contradictory. I don't know how you do it bb, I just don't even know. It's good to see Shaun's finally rejecting Combo's corruption, seeing spots of blood on his shirt. The little things make this brilliant. :)

I just feel healed now, beautifully written as always. I have MISSED you sis! :) I'll go and read SOHD right away. Really really well done again, LOVE LOVE LOVE. :D