Reviews for Peeta Mellark's Five Favorite Things to Bake
This is so bittersweet and beautiful and moving.
Nightshade chapter 1 . 8/13/2021
Thank you.
Thank you for creating something real and honest and true and beautiful. This is the best piece of fanfiction I have ever had the privilege to read. It should be a part of the real Hunger Games trilogy, it’s so brilliant. And I have one more thing to add to your list (and I hope you don’t mind). Maybe not his most favourite, but definitely one of his most symbolic.
Arrow Head Rosebuds: A spherical vanilla cake flavoured with rose water covered in marzipan petals and filled with a sharp, sour lemon filling. With a dark chocolate arrowhead piercing the centre of the bud. The arrowhead covered in charcoal coloured icing. Each one balanced on little plates with golden mockingjays patterned on the rim.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/31/2021
Absolutely beautiful.
DarkChocolateLord chapter 1 . 5/18/2021
THIS IS INCREDIBLE
The different cakes for how Peeta remembers different people? Free cookies for little kids? The cake for Rue's brother? The recovery of District 12? Your characterization? PERFECTION.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/23/2021
I love this.
Inkwell1013 chapter 1 . 3/6/2021
Really enjoyed this! It's such a simple, yet effective study of Peetas character. Also, its interesting to see how Panem rebuilds itself after the rebellion.
tracelynn chapter 1 . 7/11/2020
such a touching, beautiful story. Peeta has always been a favorite of mine and you did him such justice. great job
audreyoctopus chapter 1 . 7/9/2020
This was just... I don't know if I can find the words.
This was beautiful. And bittersweet. And heart-breaking. And hopeful. And I loved every single moment of it.
I like how everything Peeta bakes is for something - the people lost to the Games and the Capitol are gone, but not forgotten; they live on in memories, and Peeta's bakery.
You should be extremely proud of yourself; I have not read something as beautiful as this for a long, long time.
Sylphrena chapter 1 . 6/9/2020
Oh, that was beautiful.
demigoddesses chapter 1 . 5/1/2020
why does this make me want to cry

bread is making me emotional now
Guest chapter 1 . 3/22/2020
This is a wonderful and sad fic, and I think Peeta and Katniss kind of parallel WW2 veterans, in a couple more years maybe a decade or so, they're all going to be gone, left to be learned from the history books and I think that's what makes this so sad.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/4/2019
This was brilliant. Such lovely descriptions.
Always A Dragon chapter 1 . 10/7/2019
The ending sentence of Redberry Crumble is one of those sentences that makes you sit back and veiw the world differently.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/24/2019