Reviews for Peeta Mellark's Five Favorite Things to Bake
Obiwanlivesforever chapter 1 . 1/8/2012
I saw this recommended on TV Tropes, and immediately knew I had to check it out. My breath has been blown away. This is so utterly beautiful, I don't know how to properly compliment it, but I'll try.

First of all, you had Peeta perfectly in-character, which I really appreciate, since he is probably my favorite person in Hunger Games. His sweetness, gentleness, optimism and the importance he places on those who lost their lives in the Games and rebellion were perfect. I love how you have him in the role of the person who reminds everyone that life can be good again.

Another thing I love was just that - how life ended up being good again. I know Mockingjay was bittersweet, but it really bothers me when FanFictions show post-rebellion-Panem being a world just as bleak and depressing as before. That just completely spits on everyone's sacrifice. The world you paint is not perfect, of course, but beautiful and thriving. It's the kind of place that I'm glad so many characters fought and died for. A world without the Games. The bit about children no longer having a place around knives and blood was eerily perfect.

Finally, all the things Peeta baked were perfect. I'm so glad you included Foxface, especially, as I don't see many fics that focus on what effect her death may have had on Peeta. The last sentence was perfect and really highlighted what all these characters added to the new world.

Thank you very much for writing this wonderful fic!
Cheaward chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
This was simple, sweet, and beautiful.
surrealist-notions chapter 1 . 12/13/2011
simply amazing. good job!
Brielle13 chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
Wow. That was amazing. You are a great writer, so don't ever stop! :)
Annabelleloves chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
That was really beautiful. You seemt to have a natural flair for writing :)
rainydaydreams chapter 1 . 11/21/2011
This is gorgeous. I love it.
vifetoile89 chapter 1 . 11/8/2011
See? I can love a story of yours without a single reservation!

This story was beautiful - as an amateur baker, I found it especially heartwarming (especially the image of Haymitch having a favorite cookie - man deserves one). It's such a wonderful series of peaceful images to contrast the savagery of the Games - there's few things more indicative of peace and creation than a bakery window full of bread.

Incidentally, this is a perfect story for Thanksgiving.
Horch chapter 1 . 11/4/2011
Nice, powerful writing. Great job.

-Horch
helotastic chapter 1 . 11/1/2011
"And separately, but together, they watch the world they made with Prim and Cinna and Finnick and Foxface and Rue, get better."

I loved all the descriptions. They were just enough to make everything tangible, but not too much as to be boring. I have a sudden craving for cake now...

Anyways, the whole story was beautiful. Just beautiful. Nothing else to say, really.
Kyrene once Blood Roses chapter 1 . 11/1/2011
So I just recently finished the Trilogy and then I found you, thankfully on fanfiction. But I've already devoured the majority of your stuff (well, Katniss/Peeta stuff only for the moment, give me time though), then found you on , so expect a nice amount of reviews since I'm in class and bored.

This is definitely a favorite. I adore how Peeta is described as a favorite because you can see it. The way children learn about him and then run straight to him where he answers their questions patiently. Each person which had a great affect on his life that you chose was done perfectly. And finally, when Katniss finally appears and you know all is well and the way it should be. Such a good outlook on him, I adore it.
inkkless chapter 1 . 9/17/2011
Wow, you know nearly as much as about baked goods as Peeta! The Primrose dots especially made my mouth water.
MockingjayFlying chapter 1 . 9/13/2011
you know, ur stories are almost too incredible to review. I just don't know what to say so I'll just say that this oneshot sent shivers up my arms and a squeeze to my heart. :)
S.R Devaste chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
The yearning in this peice just moved me so much.

This line:

"It makes me feel better every day that you children have to ask, because you will never have to know."

in particular is brilliant. You are brilliant. Please publish a book.
candycity chapter 1 . 9/8/2011
A gorgeous fic - as sweet as Peeta's Primrose Dots, really, and with the simple beauty of Katniss's bread. (:
Elliemae1980 chapter 1 . 9/7/2011