Reviews for Peeta Mellark's Five Favorite Things to Bake
vifetoile89 chapter 1 . 11/8/2011
See? I can love a story of yours without a single reservation!

This story was beautiful - as an amateur baker, I found it especially heartwarming (especially the image of Haymitch having a favorite cookie - man deserves one). It's such a wonderful series of peaceful images to contrast the savagery of the Games - there's few things more indicative of peace and creation than a bakery window full of bread.

Incidentally, this is a perfect story for Thanksgiving.
Horch chapter 1 . 11/4/2011
Nice, powerful writing. Great job.

-Horch
helotastic chapter 1 . 11/1/2011

I loved all the descriptions. They were just enough to make everything tangible, but not too much as to be boring. I have a sudden craving for cake now...

Anyways, the whole story was beautiful. Just beautiful. Nothing else to say, really.
Kyrene once Blood Roses chapter 1 . 11/1/2011
So I just recently finished the Trilogy and then I found you, thankfully on fanfiction. But I've already devoured the majority of your stuff (well, Katniss/Peeta stuff only for the moment, give me time though), then found you on , so expect a nice amount of reviews since I'm in class and bored.

This is definitely a favorite. I adore how Peeta is described as a favorite because you can see it. The way children learn about him and then run straight to him where he answers their questions patiently. Each person which had a great affect on his life that you chose was done perfectly. And finally, when Katniss finally appears and you know all is well and the way it should be. Such a good outlook on him, I adore it.
inkkless chapter 1 . 9/17/2011
Wow, you know nearly as much as about baked goods as Peeta! The Primrose dots especially made my mouth water.
MockingjayFlying chapter 1 . 9/13/2011
you know, ur stories are almost too incredible to review. I just don't know what to say so I'll just say that this oneshot sent shivers up my arms and a squeeze to my heart. :)
S.R Devaste chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
The yearning in this peice just moved me so much.

This line:

in particular is brilliant. You are brilliant. Please publish a book.
candycity chapter 1 . 9/8/2011
A gorgeous fic - as sweet as Peeta's Primrose Dots, really, and with the simple beauty of Katniss's bread. (:
Elliemae1980 chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
Beautiful.
RipredtheGnawer chapter 1 . 8/24/2011
I love this more than I can say.
creativesm75 chapter 1 . 8/17/2011
nice
Guest chapter 1 . 8/17/2011
beautiful
SailorMeowMeow chapter 1 . 8/10/2011
That was so beautiful. It was such a heartwarming story... :)
Tokoloshe Monster chapter 1 . 7/13/2011
Wow, this is beautiful. You have an incredible way with words, and I hope you know that. I just love this whole thing, right down to my bones.

You captured Peeta's personality absolutely perfectly; how he handles children's questions to how he offers to make fluffier bread and how he just *is*. (If that makes any sense at all.)

My two favourite quotes were "It makes me feel better every day that you children have to ask, because you will never have to know." as well as "And separately, but together, they watch the world they made with Prim and Cinna and Finnick and Foxface and Rue, get better."

Thank you for this story. One day, in the distant future, I hope that I will be able to come close to writing as well as you do.

Much, much love,

-Tokoloshe
jayfeather97 chapter 1 . 7/13/2011
Oh wow... your writing style is just so unique and touching, please keep writing! i would love to read more of your works (:
200 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 .. Last Next »