Reviews for There and Back Again
Sendryl chapter 4 . 3/1
I LOVE this little trilogy.
I read it every six months or so, when I need a pick-me-up.
I'm about halfway through North and South, reading it for the first time, and this story popped back into my head.
There are just so many good things in it!
It's sad, and hilarious, and it feels real.
And the last lines always make me laugh for at last a few minutes afterward.
I've even read them aloud to my husband, who is not a reader at all, and only looks amused to be nice to me - THAT'S how much I love those lines, and this story.
"By Merlin, there would be NO breeches at ANY wedding with his name on it.
NONE.
And not a horse for a hundred mile radius, either!
NONE!"
I keep wanting to be able to use those lines somehow, in conversation or in writing, but they don't seem to fit anywhere but here!
Thank you for writing this. I love it dearly. :)
EwigeStudentin chapter 1 . 12/8/2014
The letters are hilarious and very much in character :)
jeanjeanvaljean chapter 4 . 11/11/2014
What a sweet trilogy! I love the intelligent dialogue.
Dimac99 chapter 4 . 2/25/2014
A wonderful trilogy I have just adored. So sorry it's finished now. Hermione's loss of her father was nicely handled, although it hit a bit close to home for me right now as my aunt's funeral is in 3 days and my dad is just out of hospital himself. Still, clich├Ęd though it may be, life really does go on.

I hated reading LotR myself, but I had to wade through it because I couldn't wait a whole YEAR for The Two Towers to come out. I think I knew Gandalf couldn't really be dead because I didn't cry. Mind you, I didn't cry for Boromir either. Otoh, The Hobbit may be one of my favourite books - weird, eh? I'm trying to imagine Severus reading Watership Down now - surely even HE would cry at that?!
Dimac99 chapter 1 . 2/25/2014
He deserves to recieve a Howler at breakfast in the Great Hall for that! Pity it's the summer hols...
mysinger chapter 4 . 9/1/2013
I loved this story, especially the ending. I hoped you would have them read Tolkein at some point. Severus' admission that he was a little bit afraid of Hermione and the conversation about making him wear breeches and riding boots to their wedding made me laugh. I liked how comfortable they were together and with themselves as individuals. Well done. I enjoyed this series of stories, especially since I share Hermione's love of reading.
Gen-in-the-Eve chapter 4 . 3/4/2013
One can never explain to someone who doesn't love books what exactly it means to love them, but I am in awe of the homage to books you have created in this little series and I must admit I loved it. It's a ridiculous hour of the night so I had to stifle laughs several times but it wasn't just the humor, it was the realism, and the complicated relationship we who read have with fiction and the real world. I thoroughly enjoyed this series, so thank you. Of the books I have read, I felt such a keen attachment again, and of the ones I haven't, I wanted to go and read them.
Deritine chapter 4 . 1/13/2013
Well, this was absolutely lovely. They are too damn cute together! Well done. :D
excessivelyperky chapter 4 . 9/25/2012
What did he think when spy Alec Leamas realises he's been set-up and used by his own side?

-Same stuff, different day.

But here he has survived it, and I suspect there will be a wedding.

All done...by the book.
excessivelyperky chapter 3 . 9/7/2012
Well, if Snape had a mad wife, it would most likely by Sybil...but somehow I doubt that he does.

Neat chapter. I think Minerva would rather like Hermione to be a spinster like herself.
Guest chapter 2 . 9/1/2012
Hermione also had a sneaking suspicion that she had always wanted to avoid using magic in front of her parents.

-Well, after she went to Hogwarts she didn't have much opportunity, not with the Trace on her wand. And then she was away once she was of age.

And Snape thinking that his attraction is a trifle; so is the last flake of snow that starts the avalanche.

His last attraction changed the course of history, when you think about it...
Guest chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
-'Jane how?'

Oh, that's wicked!
Pieredae's Muse chapter 4 . 11/23/2011
I cannot believe I didn't review this when you first published this! Anyway, I was rereading the whole series again today, and loving every minute of it. It's so wonderful that you took this cliche we all include about HG and SS being great readers and made it the focus of this series. While it might have some qualities of a pastiche, and could have been an outright spoof, you bring such a lovely gentleness and poignancy to these characters and their relationships with books and each other. Thank you so much for sharing this with us all! Take care- Req
The Photosynthetic Elf chapter 4 . 6/5/2011
I loved this trilogy, and as an avid reader of Jane Austin, Jane Eyre, Sherlock Holmes and Agatha Christie, I shall have to go read some of the books mentioned. Hermione might like the Lord Peter Wimsey books, but Snape might thing Wimsey to be too silly to be a spy, or a detective. I loved your point about escapism.
heartmom88 chapter 4 . 6/4/2011
Well I'm certainly heartened by the fact that this was indeed *not* your final fic. You are too gifted a writer to lay down your pen... er... keyboard for very long. Thank you for sharing some of the works that have inspired you. :) I'm starting to think I need to pull out my library card... or better yet, find my password to Amazon so I can dog-ear my pages guilt-free. ;)

So what is this thing we do? Reading? Writing? Is it mindless amusement or a sharing of minds? Philosophy on the fly or flights of fancy? Maybe a little of each... but whatever it is, it can bring much joy and I'm forever grateful for it.

Thank you for sharing your gift for writing with us. May your muse take the occasional vacation to refresh and revive but always return to inspire you... and us.

Best,