Reviews for Letters
Tiny1217 chapter 7 . 4/23
"Peanut Butter is BAD!" LOL!

But actually, this is very, very touching and thought-provoking, and also kind of sad. But well-written.
Tiny1217 chapter 2 . 4/22
Oh, this was so touching...
willwrite4fics chapter 31 . 12/15/2014
These were great fun to read. What a clever idea! I liked that they mostly sounded in character, with each of the guys answering in their own way, even to Newkirk being more realistic and pessimistic in his replies(although he did drive a tank, he can't very well admit he was driving a GERMAN tank, can he? Teehee).
SaraiEsq chapter 31 . 9/18/2014
A very nice story; kudos all around.
inhonoredglory chapter 30 . 11/30/2011
A perfect letter from the perfect person to respond. I love Joe's reply; from the tender discussions on how he is a medic, the fact that he's not God and it's not easy, to the closing remarks about staying in his childhood for now. One of my favorite letters for sure!

Good job, El Gringo Loco!
inhonoredglory chapter 29 . 11/30/2011
Wow, what a lovely little letter by CHF. I love how it's always alluding to Danny's scrap with Billy - even when he goes to different topics. And what a neat "aloha" ending. An adorable note, and a worthwhile aspiration.
Canadian Hogan's Fan chapter 31 . 11/28/2011
Bethany, you really flushed out Howard's character and life in this chapter, right down to the lack of tooth paste. I'm not sure if we've seen a letter quite so detailed in this story before.

You've also added some dimension to Addison, who never speaks in the show, if I remember correctly. The little touches about Klink the Fink and his real name really show us what kind of person he is.

Nice job.
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 31 . 11/28/2011
Nice letter and response by Bethany Peat. It was an interesting view of life in the USA in wartime for one of the children of a busy single mother, contrasted with the details of life for a POW in Germany.

I like your use of Slim as the respondent; his was one of the names Schultz called out in a mail-call on one of the episodes, and there was a tall lanky extra in many scenes who I always assumed was him.

I think what I liked best was Howard's concern for the families of the POWs who might still be unaware of their loved ones' fates: "Maybe you should write to them instead of me."
Canadian Hogan's Fan chapter 30 . 11/28/2011
What a precious reply. So much wisdom in a few words, easily accessible to a child, but with a hint of sadness that comes from having seen too much of the ugly side of life. A perfect letter to inspire a future member of Hawaii 5-0. :)
hippiechick2112 chapter 30 . 11/27/2011
love the letter and the reply. ) very nice that this is still going on. i hope it still does! now, how DID they find those letters? o.O
hogan macgyver chapter 31 . 11/27/2011
Oh wow, that is a nice long letter and reply! I love the little bits of things through out this chapter like Howard's brother pulling up carrots and Slim saying that if somebody called him Edwin he'd look for the new guy. Great job!
hogan macgyver chapter 30 . 11/27/2011
Lovely response to the pervious letter! Also a great character to use for writing a reply.
hogan macgyver chapter 29 . 11/27/2011
Nice Five-O reference there. That's a really cute letter.
ColHogan chapter 31 . 11/27/2011
And Howard thinks his life is boring? I can see that from a child's perspective it would be considered boring and anything else would seen exciting. In the beginning, I thought the response was from Carter, but it's good to see another of Hogan's men Corporal Addison is right, in a few years when Howard is old enough, he's going to wish for the days when he was a child without so much responsibility. Loved the 'Klink The Fink' name. I think it's from A Goose Cooked by Radar episode if I'm right.
ColHogan chapter 30 . 11/26/2011
Nice response EGL. I can see Joe giving that information to a little boy who wants to save lives when he grows up. But he spoke the truth when he said sometimes you can't save everybody despite doing your best. The other good piece of advice he gave is to enjoy being a child while you are one, because millions of children are forced by the war to grow up too quickly.