Reviews for For Family
Yoda1976 chapter 5 . 3/27/2021
Sigh...I hate it when people complain about stuff I already know. I've written a Buffy fanfiction where Xander gets Peggy Sued and someone was complaining that I wasn't sticking to the canon villians. If I was going to do THAT I wouldn't have bothered writing the story and just rewatched the show.
Yoda1976 chapter 4 . 3/27/2021
The pain of facing the wrongs you've done. And knowing there is NO way you can truly make amends. That is what Vader is facing right now. He's made his choice, the only thing left is to join the Luke and the Rebels.
vera841 chapter 19 . 3/8/2021
My favorite part is how nobody ever explains anything to Han.
thunderofdeath97 chapter 25 . 2/5/2021
okay confused here
thunderofdeath97 chapter 24 . 2/5/2021
thats not how balance works though
thunderofdeath97 chapter 19 . 2/5/2021
yeah sorry but sidious is pretty powerful, but i dont think it would take both anakin and luke to fight him, tbh
thunderofdeath97 chapter 13 . 2/5/2021
first off, luke being on par with vader only makes sense if the suit weakens vader, luke isn't the most powerful jedi ever, thats pretty stupid, tbh, and two no, bail organa was a child stealing thief, who arranged it so that a young girl and a young boy would commit patricide, just because he didn't like the way life turned out
Detsella Morningdew chapter 25 . 1/31/2021
When I first started reading this story, and understood the premise, I immediately thought, "Oh, this is an interesting concept. I wonder what Vader will do after Palpatine is defeated." Because of course, the natural reason you would have Vader waver early is so that he didn't die at Palpatine's hand at the last moment.

But I'm glad this was different. I was never quite satisfied with the ending of Star Wars, despite loving the movies. (For various reasons it would take a long time to explain.) And you basically rewrote the rest of the story in a way that kept a much, much more powerful theme, and was much better at conveying what the Force actually was. (And the real Light Side. Not the "can't kill, ever" or "can't feel, ever" versions which are commonly thought of as true. At least among people who have only seen the movies.)

I could very, very easily see this as a full replacement of Star Wars canon. Certainly my own headcanon.
Detsella Morningdew chapter 1 . 1/29/2021
This is an amazing start for sure, I just had to share that I only just noticed that Darth Vader's hyperbaric chamber is an actual real-life thing. A thing I've been in before.

With so many futuristic pseudo-scientific terms in most sci-fi, I completely neglected to even consider that older medical things might still be relevant. And it isn't even like they only used it because it sounded cool, either - it would be the legitimate way to have Vader be able to breathe unaided.
Guest chapter 19 . 1/22/2021
Beautiful, the only few words able to describe this story.
Jazz'Cookie'Monster-5955 chapter 25 . 1/6/2021
I did it, I finally finished it and I'm so glad I did dude you got me crying like a baby
Lmppsc chapter 25 . 12/21/2020
What an endearing ending. Like holy cow!
drmelara chapter 11 . 11/22/2020
you are an excellent writer. this chapter shows it very clearly! well done!
drmelara chapter 3 . 11/13/2020
you are the first person I've ever discovered who knew the term "gimer stick." Excellent!
RenegadeForLife chapter 25 . 10/26/2020