Reviews for First Blood
Lady Jaye1 chapter 1 . 2/11/2011
Poor Tommy. The Hard Master would of course tell his bull headed nephew that serving evil is more likely to put his soul at ill at ease, even more so than an unavenged murder...as well as make Tommy look even more like a likely suspect. To a terrified, grieved, and new family outcast though, I can't necessarily blame Tommy for taking this route. At least he'll eventually figure these things out after taking the long and hard road.

Great addition to the Arashikage series.
CrystalOfEllinon chapter 1 . 2/3/2011
I told you on Twitter how much I love this, and that hasn't changed.

Not many dare dip into the religious beliefs of the Joes. I think you make exactly the second, and you go into far more depth here than TM did. But it's something that is kind of important; they're warriors, and each probably has distinct ideas on what kind of afterlife they can expect...and they live closer to death than other people. Whatever views of the afterlife they hold, it's probably a huge source of comfort...or, as seen here, motivation.

This makes so much sense to me. Shinto is the native, most popular, and oldest religion in Japan, and probably most of those thirty generations of ninja ancestors followed it. The likelihood that he would be raised Shinto too is stupidly high.

And if you are Shinto, even if you're not a devout believer, you would believe that, if a soul was left in torment, they may wander as a lonely ghost. Something that Tommy could never, never, NEVER allow for his uncle.

Like you said...he has to have a damn good reason to do what he did. And this is a damn good reason.

I also love him carrying a family photo. He's human too...and he misses the people he cared about. I 3 this fic so much.
Linuxgirl chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
I have to agree with everyone else, it isn't as angsty as you warned about. Instead it's perfectly in line with "Arashikage".

Very nice. Thank you.
willwrite4fics chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
This was honestly very deep, very insightful, it's a character study. Very well done. I've always had issues with Storm deciding to serve Cobra for ANY reason, much less for revenge or curiosity. This made more sense, especially showing the different POV.
PhantomEmpress chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
youknow, your warning made me scared that it'd be a SUPER angst fest. it's Angsty and sad, but knowing where it goes in the continuity you have created, it is fitting and not overly dramatized. Well done. Tommy is still so young and has so much yet to see in this universe of yours, it's good to know he's not so hard as to not honor the dead or ask for strength and guidance.
Asterisk78 chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
This is angst? When did Storm Shadow walk alone in the rain? Did he start wearing black skinny jeans? Did I miss the Evanescence lyrics?

More seriously, I liked this quite a bit. I especially liked the introduction: it really set the tone. This was a great way to round out Arashikage.
TinySprite chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
Lovely piece. It really gives us some insight on Storm Shadow that's not really touched on.