Reviews for The Hollow Man
Guest chapter 1 . 12/24/2013
I read this before just didn't review for some reason, and I just found it again and I'm so glad I did!. I really loved this fic a lot! You got into RoboSam's head so well. This was very well written and the insight is terrific! I'm a fan of Soulless Sam but I've notice not many other ppl are. I found him funny and intriguing. I wish there were more fics as great as this one about Soulless Sam.
SciFi Girl chapter 1 . 6/8/2011
Wow - great insight into RoboSam. Really well written.

Totally enjoyed - thanks so much! :)
Amberdreams chapter 1 . 3/13/2011
Very clever insight into Sam's soulless head - I read an analysis a while ago about ego and id which made some similar points about what having a soul might mean...
Grecian chapter 1 . 2/2/2011
absolutely beautiful and accurate!
PhoenixDragonDreamer chapter 1 . 2/2/2011
Haunting, eerie and sad, dear - man, this was beautiful!

Pinkchick chapter 1 . 2/1/2011
This was... I think the word "wow" is the only thing I can come up with. This was a very great read. A look at Soulless Sam and his logic. I loved it! While I, too, missed angsty, tortured Sammy. Robo-Sam was fun, dangerous and blunt. I'll miss that on some level, I think. He was a walking intrigue. I loved how you took us on his journey from post-Hell to getting his soul back.

I laughed out loud at this line: "Apparently throwing your brother to the wolves wasn't socially acceptable even if it were logical."

The conversations between Robo-Sam and Castiel, and him and Dean were the best. You really nailed Soulless Sam and the transitions between getting behind having a soul and seeing Dean's suffering and changing his mind.

Also, this in particular stood out to me: "And it was Sam who freed him. The last act of a devoted brother had been to send Dean…

Soul-less Sam knew better. He understood the brutal truth his old self always wanted to sweep under the rug: Hunters didn't get out. There was always something waiting to drag them back in, always some danger lurking outside in the shadows. Hunting was ingrained in Dean Winchester, and nothing could change that, no matter what he tried to tell himself. He was what he was, what he would always be. It had been seared into his soul by the fires of Hell and Veritas had forced him to admit it.

"I'm not a father, I'm a killer."

Lately Dean had even given up sex. The reason was obvious, and to Sam, sadly pathetic. Dean truly loved Lisa. When – if – he ever went back to her, he wanted to do so with a clean conscience.

And that was what it was all about – conscience. Sam didn't have one. Apparently it came with a soul. Sam was churning through life like a machine, just doing the job day after day, never thinking about anything else. He was living Dean's life, only without the baggage, without the pain that dogged his brother's every step. He had no hopes to sacrifice, no dreams to be dashed. He didn't carry around with him the painful longing for a life he could never have – at least not anymore.

Sam began to take notice of Dean's suffering, and after a while, he began to wonder if having a soul was even worth it."

Thank you so much for sharing this piece of brilliance with us! I look forward to your next story!
spnMom chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
Ah, that's just what I needed during this unexpected Hellatus extension. We never really saw anything about how Sam made the decisions that he did. I love your take on it. I really, really loved your description of the fear Sam was feeling just because he was close to his soul. Great job! Thanks for posting.
Sotobow chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
Someone else who actually liked soulless Sam! There aren't many of us, from what I've seen. :)

I mean, I'll be glad to have Sammy back, but I really loved the no soul thing. Very interesting - can't wait for the fallout from that!

Loved the insights into Sam's head. I'm with you in that I kind of wish they would have gone into the whole no soul thing a little more in regards to Sam's character. I mean yeah, we get he has no conscience, but then what drives him, y'know? You addressed all that amazingly! Also, just have to mention that I think J. Padalecki acted it so well! And dry humor is so his thing.

Great story! I'd subtly hint at a sequel, but with the end there really isn't more to it. But who knows - recently re-souled Sam might be fascinating, too (Who am I kidding - it's Sam, so of course he'll be fascinating). ;)
The Die Hard chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
I always like the Castiel scenes best. An angel stranger-in-a-strange-land. You captured that perfectly. / I don't believe in any of that soul / afterlife stuff, so the whole story arc was kind of wasted on me. You're either there or you're not, duh? Sam and Dean fight like two tomcats as it is, so what's the point in their everlastng "misunderstandings"? Besides, Sam is far too expressive to get away with pretending that he doesn't feel anything. If he could have kept his eyebrows level for three seconds, maybe... But Spock, he ain't. / The discussion about motive was particularly well done. Of course Sam has a motive, just as Dean does. Just not one either can understand. You have to wonder, did they ever? / You also captured perfectly the diametric opposition. Dean wants Sam back Sam doesn't, for many reaons. That's the whole story, right there. You put it in words.
SassyLilPanda chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
Wow. This was a phenomenal read. A really incredible piece that truly allowed us to see inside of Sam's head. I love your take on how it would be to be soulless and I think that you've managed to pull it off magnificently. Thank you so much for writing this. I read it to my husband and he told me to tell you wonderful job as well. Thank you again for writing it, and believe me I'm going through the SPN withdrawal as well! It's horrible! Friday please hurry! Anyway, keep writing and keep up your amazing work!
novashanti chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
Not sure who I feel sorrier for, Sam or Dean. Nice work on POV.