Reviews for Harry Potter vs Twilight
Grace Silvermoon chapter 1 . 1h
I've got to say you have a point. i have never read the twilight books, but i have seen the movies and they are not very good compared to Harry Potter. But I still dont think you should dislike Stephanie myers for that. i have read a other one of her books, called The Host, that was amazing, and i realy wish she had made more books about it. ( also, dont just wach the movie of the host and think that the book is like that at all. )
River Hound chapter 1 . 6/27
Just to add to your argument... WARNING! SPOILERS FROM THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS

1. Remus is also a better developed character and lover. Jacob, apart from being attractive and a 'werewolf', has a personality that's very much like the stereotypical teenage guy. Remus, however, is greatly affected by his werewolf transformation due to discrimination in the wizarding world against werewolves. He sees his condition as a curse (he literally fears the full moon) rather than something good (unlike Jacob, who doesn't seem to be affected much by his werewolf condition). Its also part of the reason he was reluctant to start a relationship with Tonks, because he wanted to protect her from the bigotry she might experience from other wizards for having ties with someone like him. However, being a werewolf doesn't stop him from being a selfless, brave person; nor does it stop him from being a good friend and mentor to Harry and several other characters. Can't say that much about Jacob.

2. Isn't it sad when you realize that the father that's been dead for most of his son's life has a better relationship with his child than a father who is still alive and living under the same roof as his daughter. Though James never appears alive in the Harry Potter series, he is a better developed character than Charlie, who appears/mentioned alive in all of the Twilight books.

3. The Weasleys are not the better family because they were actually related to each other, but because they are so obviously tight-knit despite the poverty that plague them. They are rich in something beyond the materialistic value. There are strong sibling bonds between most of the Weasley children, the fierce love a mother has for her children (that's what got Bellatrix killed in the final book), and each member is unique character. They are also decent pure-blood wizards who consider their friends as part of their large family, and stand up for their values even though many of the other pure-blood wizards treat them like trash for doing so. It seems that the only chemistry in the Cullen family are the romances between the couples. If they had the depth the Weasley family had, I would have overlooked their lack of actual relation; but since they don't, they look like a bunch of strangers living together. True, each member of the Cullen family has a unique backstory, but that is all. Their looks and powers seem to be more important than personalities.

There is more but I am going to stop there, this review is long enough.
Rainbow chapter 1 . 6/20
Also, Dumbledore has a complicated backstory and is gay, so he is ultimately more fabulous. (J. said so, don't judge me.)
Ella chapter 1 . 3/6/2014
you should have sid more about voldemort's awesomeness I love other points thought VOLDY ROCKS
Guest chapter 1 . 12/15/2013
Yes I agree bella is a whining lead character there is a lot more to twilight then bella and Edward there is a lot more to the Cullens then a bunch of rich dead people they are actuall family they care and support each other they would die for each other the only reason their rich they only had a hundred years to save up and alice can predict the stock market I bet you most of the Cullens had way worse life's then anyone in Harry potter Take example Alice Cullen she was locked in a asylum for most of her life her parents left her to die because they thought she was crazy. Also there is a lot of really strong characters in twilight and bella is not one of them Like Carlisle and Esme. So there is a lot more to twilight then just bella and Edward Don't judge a book by its movie
EmmaM21 chapter 1 . 7/31/2013
I totally agree! Stephanie Meyer could of wrote a more interesting story though. I like Twilight, but I am not in live with it! Vampires don't sparkle. Seriously WTF!
DaringPrincess chapter 1 . 6/9/2013
Really good I agree Harry Potter is way better I agree with the part about Ginny, she is a true heroine unlike Bella. Really good, again.
BaskinxxRobins chapter 1 . 11/15/2012
I agree with you,Harry Potter is the best...
ahmelia chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
What is wrong with having brown hair? I have taken great offense. But siriusly, every point you made is completely true.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
IF THE TWILIGHT FANS REALLY LIKE THEIR BOOKS SO MUCH, WHY DON'T THEY EVER TRY TO DEFEND IT? THEY JUST HAVEN'T GOT THE GUTS TO COME UP FRONT AND SAY IT IN THE FACE! THEY'LL JUST MURMUR BEHIND YOUR BACK LIKE THE COWARDS THEY ARE.
OI! IF ANY TWILIGHT FAN IS READING THIS, COME AND SAY IT IN MY FACE THAT TWILIGHT IS BETTER RATHER THAN HANGING BEHIND LIKE A BUNCH OF COWARDS WHO HAVEN'T EVEN GOT THE GUTS TO CONTRADICT POTTERHEADS WHEN WE INSULT YOUR EXCUSE OF A BOOK!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
Twilight only shows how arrogant humans are. What are we so proud of? We destroy nature each day to create that which can never be worthier in its place instead. We are only a mere drop in the sea of humanity.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
Twilight even involves discrimination, even if unintentionally, unconsciously so. J. K. Rowling, in her book, portrays both discrimination done by some people and acceptance done by others. In the end, everyone is equal because every creature is living and has a right to live and let live as a part of the world. In Harry Potter, compassion is not limited in a narrow - minded manner to humans.
Stephanie Meyer, in her book, portrays discrimination openly. Edward is classy and Jacob is crude. The white man is superhuman and the black man is subhuman. Even the critics pointed this out. Characters in Twilight do not kill people but they kill animals. They think people are innocent. So the animals are not? People will have committed more crimes in their entire life which they condemn the animals for. They think they are beneath them. That is narrow - mindedness. They do not wish to kill humans, but they kill the animals for what is not their fault.
Total Box Office Takings (Twilight) : $ 2 billion
Total Box Office Takings (Harry Potter) : $ 8 billion
Isha Saini chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
Stephanie Meyer's net worth : $ 125 million or $ 0.125 billion (1000 million 1 billion)
Joanne Kathleen Rowling's net worth : $ 1100 million or $ 1.1 billion (1 billion 1000 million)
Guest chapter 1 . 10/21/2012
Note : All this information has been collected and assessed from Wikipedia, a trustworthy and dependable source.

Response to the Harry Potter movies :
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone :

Overall : 80% (186 reviews)
Top Critics : 78% (18 reviews)
Metacritic : 64 (35 reviews)
BFCA : 90 (Recommended)

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets :

Overall : 83% (205 reviews)
Top Critics : 71% (17 reviews)
Metacritic : 63 (35 reviews)
BFCA : 84 (Recommended)

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban :

Overall : 91% (232 reviews)
Top Critics : 94% (18 reviews)
Metacritic : 82 (40 reviews)
BFCA : 84 (Recommended)

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire :

Overall : 88% (222 reviews)
Top Critics : 88% (17 reviews)
Metacritic : 81 (38 reviews)
BFCA : 87 (Recommended)

Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix :

Overall : 78% (238 reviews)
Top Critics : 79% (19 reviews)
Metacritic : 71 (37 reviews)
BFCA : 82 (Recommended)

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince :

Overall : 84% (255 reviews)
Top Critics : 86% (21 reviews)
Metacritic : 78 (36 reviews)
BFCA : 87 (Critic's Choice)

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Part 1) :

Overall : 79% (247 reviews)
Top Critics : 65% (17 reviews)
Metacritic : 65 (42 reviews)
BFCA : 87 (Critic's Choice)

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Part 2) :

Overall : 96% (278 reviews)
Top Critics : 100% (18 reviews)
Metacritic : 87(41 reviews)
BFCA : 93 (Critic's Choice)
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »