Reviews for Not So Similar
HedwigBlack chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
This is some interesting insight into Sirius's thoughts. He's always portrayed as snarky and careless but this shows what's going on beneath the surface. I love how he thinks he could blame his family for not wanting to talk about his feelings and yet he really doesn't want to. I think the last line is absolutely fantastic! Really beautiful and well written. I also like the little author's note at the end regarding the fragments being on purpose. I like to do that too in my writing even though it's against the "rules." Good job!
ZeBarmyBookworm chapter 1 . 1/19/2012
Wow. That was intense, and plainly honest. The amount of angst, drama, friendship, and thought was just right. :) It's a very realistic situation for Sirius too. Hats off to you :D
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 12/1/2011
I chosen to review this because I have already reviewed the two you asked for. I think that you really captured everything that makes Sirius. His family, his past, his pain - it's all painted very well.

You make it very believable that he doesn't say "I love you" to the people that are more like his brothers and his real one.

I like how you set James and Sirius apart, because no matter how similar they seem to be, they are very different. And you got everything spot on! I did like how you brought Sirius' family hating him into play and how he still loves them.

My favorite lines had to be "He doesn't understand the pain of loving someone who loathes you, of trying to protect that someone and receiving nothing but disdain in response," and "But now James is gone. And Peter doesn't deserve it. And Remus will never hear it." I don't know what it is, but these lines are completely perfect. Even though, I enjoyed everything but I can't quote all the lines taht I liked - there are too many!
Mr Bellatrix Lestrange chapter 1 . 9/1/2011
Sweet- in again, a tense I would not normally say sweet in. Because this was- dare I say- touching. I loved the bit on his Paranoia, because it definitely runs :P And the Marauders, those sensational Marauders!. Well it just worked beautifully how you portrayed them. And I loved it- shall I say? xo
Rosa Clearwater chapter 1 . 8/25/2011
Ah this is brilliant. Perfect bit of angst, not overdone either. I enjoyed it because it makes sense. Sure on the outside, James and Sirius seem like twins, but truly they aren't. And this shows that, which is why I'm favoriting it :D
kittykittyhunter chapter 1 . 8/20/2011
D:

SIRIUS!

When I started reading this, the first thing I thought of was the song 'Gone Away' by The Offspring. I don't know: for some reason, that song set a really melancholy tone to the rest of the story.

I loved how you studied the difference between Sirius and James here. It's very clear that Sirius (and Remus, for that matter) both thought the world of James, and I think James' sincerity (at least towards the people he trusted) was a contributing factor.

The whole reflection on the Noble House of Black was pretty heartbreaking. I guess he turned that rejection into a weapon... part of me wonders WHY Sirius was so different to the rest of his family, but in some ways, that's not such an important detail. He just... is who he is.

Hee. Another great read. I love your oneshots. :D
CaptainSammish chapter 1 . 8/10/2011
I liked the two contrasting timeframes in the story. It's that idea that you always think you're going to have enough time to tell someone that you love them, or you think that they know without you having to say it, and then you realize later what a loss it is that you never said anything when your window of opportunity was still open. Lovely story, honestly. I really like James Potter, and I like Sirius' perspective of him here a lot. :)
Victory-Starr chapter 1 . 3/23/2011
Ooooh, that was intense. And so good too. You got plenty of heart wrenching emotion into such a short story.

Great job!
SilverLily1 chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
Grammar aside. This is brilliant.
GreekEMTSlytherinSpriteFairy chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
Ok I have got to say I had you on Author Alerts for Criminal Minds, but Cassie has gotten me into Harry Potter and I just couldn't help but read it... and it was AMAZING! I loved it! That was just... Awesome!