Reviews for Escape From Castle Midnight
Numbuh110 chapter 7 . 10/4/2014
This is a great story so far! Loving the character development for Gilda. Can't wait for the next chapter! I have noticed a few misplaced capital letters here and there, like 'This is where we can set up Camp'. Not sure if intentional or not, but it would be a nice thing to fix. Other than that, I couldn't see any problems. Good job!
WyldClaw chapter 1 . 1/25/2014
holy cow
Swashbucklist chapter 7 . 2/13/2013
It was fun learning a few more things about the world Tirek rules over, Trixie, who is one of my top five favorite characters, is quickly becoming a lovable! I anticipate the next update.
Hedgi chapter 7 . 1/7/2013
Evil sea ponies? Oh noes!

Um, first, hi. hope your new year is going well.
second, OH MY GOSH YOU'RE ALIVE and UPDATING, yayayayayayay.
third, this. is. fantastic. oh my gosh, so fantastic. I love it. It's beautiful.
Hedgi chapter 6 . 10/29/2012
Wow. Double wow.
this is AWESOME. Holy Celestia, this is awesome. I lobved, loved, loved the old Castle Midnight movie as a kid, and seeing it redone, with FIM characters and stuff, it's just such a blast!
I hope you update soon, but take your time, I can wait. It's brilliant, and I'm loving it.
Swashbucklist chapter 6 . 9/16/2012
Breaking up the scene in the royal hall with departure scenes did a good job adding atmosphere and suspense. And, man, Celestia's moral dilemma seems pretty harsh when put into that context. I love how you wrote her last line.

Well, that's all I can say at the moment. Short chapter. Sure wish you could update quicker, but I'm glad you're not giving up on this story regardless.
ryu238 chapter 5 . 8/9/2012
Fantastic story! More!
Swashbucklist chapter 5 . 5/9/2012
Updates to this story are something to look forward to. Your descriptive language, pacing, character depth, and plot development are all on par with publishable high fantasy, and I can't get enough of this story. Although since said updates are so damned infrequent, you may want to make a habit of reminding us of things that we forgot weeks or months ago. I didn't recall immediately why Twilight was guilty about what she said about the Elements, nor did I remember why Spike felt similarly about Celestia's presence in Ponyville, though it's pretty obvious there was a scene in which he sent her an emergency message. I just don't remember reading it since it was so long ago.

Anyway, everything else is perfect. Keep it up!
Mermaid Ninja chapter 5 . 5/1/2012
Awesome!
Swashbucklist chapter 4 . 2/1/2012
I am LOVING this fanfic. You wrote a thrill ride using the darkest and "scariest" elements from the original series (not that I'm a fan of it), and so far it's staying true what we would likely see in the show if the writers/producers decided to take it in this direction. It's also well-written in accordance with the high standards FiM fanfiction is known for.

Seems updates for this one are few and far in between. I'm really hoping that means you'll eventually continue this awesome fanfic eventually. I'd love to see where Gilda fits into things, and it would be interesting seeing events unfold from where Spike is.

I anticipate the next chapter. There'd better be one.
Mugiwara Gorillaz chapter 4 . 9/2/2011
Hmm, I kinda like this story so far, and I'm definitely curious now about Gilda's role in this story, not to mention what'll happen to the captured. Please keep up the good work.
Paradoxal Reality chapter 4 . 8/15/2011
Ohemefgee! I'm so excited that you're continuing this story!
TacticianLyra chapter 4 . 8/13/2011
Thx for updating! It's getting real exiting, too! ~Summer
ultra8 chapter 4 . 8/8/2011
An interesting battle and the makings of a rescue mission, this is a nice spin on the ol' tv special.

Keep up the good work.
NoRatCat chapter 4 . 8/8/2011
Wow this was well worth the wait. You did another stellar job on another chapter. I liked the exchange between Luna and Celestia. It makes me hope for something like that for season 2. As for the rest, I liked the fight between Scorpan and Celestia. It was very nice to see she wasn't entirly omnipotent and actually struggled despite essentionally being a goddess. Hmm Spike and Scorpan, I can see you are trying to develop the relationship they had in the original special, but putting your own spin on things. As for Gilda, I can somewhat guess what her role will be. Please update soon!