Reviews for Joie de Vivre
neverlasting-legend chapter 1 . 2/27/2014
I love this. There is simply nothing to critique because this is as perfect as it gets. Kaworu's characterization here makes me smile.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/1/2013
In my opinion, no one in SEELE has ever visited Vegas. Or watched a James Bond movie.
Mooncatcher chapter 1 . 3/26/2013
By the end of it I was bawling like a baby because of how painfully in character it was. You've captured everything so perfectly-Shinji's isolation, Kaworu's will and determination it fits canon perfectly.
Literary Eagle chapter 1 . 2/1/2013
I was about to start reading This Alien Shore next, but then I stumbled across this fic and realized I had somehow missed it before. Whoops. Anyway, I loved all the descriptions of Kaworu messing with Seele. I've seen so many people say that Kaworu was terrible at being the Angel of Free Will, which baffles me. Even if they can't understand what he did for Shinji, can they not see what he did for Rei? Sheesh. Okay, next I really am reading This Alien Shore! Heh.
Diclonious57 chapter 1 . 5/18/2012
awesome, I thought the same thing about the 3rd impact, one big lonely thing
GasmaskedMook chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
Wow.

That's really the only thing I can say. NGE was a depressing series but the only character whose death I truly mourned was Kaworu. Let's be honest. After EoE, canon!Shinji is going to spent the rest of his life in a mental ward, drugged to the gills and drooling. Or worse, living with Asuka.

If Kaworu had been around longer, Shinji might have been strong enough to face it. I don't think any other character came close to doing that. Even Misato.

Your rendition of Kaworu's death was a little rushed but still very beautiful.

I hope you get around to writing that Shinji kidnappe by Kaworu story. It sounds wonderful.

Gasmasked Mook
Wiw chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
Ah! This is incredible, breath-taking, but most of all, true. I'm simply unable to put into words how completely awesome this fic is.

Everything written in that fic was incredible, as if said so by Kaworu himself.

Which is why I'll have to apologize.

Not only did this increase my love for Kaworu, it also increased my love for KawoShin. I'm sorry. For all these years my head had just been screaming: "Shinji needs to be with someone who can make him feel special!" And so far only that one character has. Well, two if one counts Mana Kirishima along.

Once again, Thank you, and I apologize.
DragonGolem chapter 1 . 5/12/2011
The interpretation you made was so poignant that I actually started crying...beautiful and well written. Thank you.
Firehedgehog chapter 1 . 2/1/2011
sniff.. so sad
dylanredefined chapter 1 . 2/1/2011
Nahh he is still a dick up getting the emotionally starved Shinji to love him and then getting Shinji to kill him it's

something Gendo would be jealous of.

And Seele still triggered 3rd impact so it was a pointless he really had free will he would had put a stop to SEELE plans and then gone off and had fun.

Its a very well written story I enjoyed though I would be in the punch Kaworu in the face for his smug superiority camp lol.
Silvershadowfire chapter 1 . 2/1/2011
Thank you for writing this.

I've always been a Kaworu fangirl. He was the single most interesting character in NGE in my opinion. But it took this to make me realise that you're right. Shinji, as much as I want to smack him sometimes, was on an affection starvation diet. And Kaworu changed that with just a few days.

You're right too that Instrumentality would have had to happen before Kaworu's death triggers Shinji's 'fuck you all I'm out of here' and he left. And this time, stayed gone. I would pay money to see the look on Gendo's face if he did that.

The last line just wraps it up. "And Tabris won, as has been foretold." I love it. That is the one thing about prophecy, it can be interpreted so many ways.

Thanks again for writing this. It was deep and thought provoking, and going on my faves list.