Reviews for A Shinigami's Choice
Abbie chapter 7 . 12/10/2014
Beautifully written. I found no typos and the whole plot itself was just wonderfully thought out. You spoil me with 7 chapters. Definitely worth a read and I shall certainly be reading 'A Midas Touch' (the follow up event) after this. Thank you so much for such a delightful read. You really got the character's personalities down too, it was like I could hear Light's and L's voices when I was reading their scripts. You changed Misa's personality though, to be more determined and on ball rather than stupid, but I actually really enjoyed this change. It made her more impressive and suited to L. Another thing I enjoyed was how you stuck to action and a story line (off course to the actual manga) at the beginning (which was cleverly thought out, it was like L actually planned it out) and then the aftermath of this blossomed into a sweet small romance between L and Misa. This wasn't a superficial short story of how 'Misa decided that actually she preferred L to Light, they kiss and the end.' but rather there is just a splash of ambiguous romance at the end that leaves the reader with the ability of what happens after that hand-in-hand walk and the exchange of contact numbers. Ooh the idea gives me shivers. I love it. Thanks!
baka chapter 7 . 8/13/2014
great story! i wish it was longer though... is there any sequel to this? because i'd love to
Guest chapter 7 . 1/5/2014
This was probably the best alternate ending story I've ever read. You pulled it off while being true to the characters. I have to say that this last chapter melted my heart. 3
LexLuthore chapter 7 . 12/28/2013
Lovely read, would love to see more from you in the future
paul chapter 7 . 10/3/2013
(thumbs up) good job writer! XD
moira33 chapter 7 . 9/16/2013
Well I got to tell you that this was BRILLIANT
I wished that death note would have ended like this
GOOD JOB!
moira33 chapter 3 . 9/16/2013
"No chess grandmaster is normal; they only differ in the extent of their madness."
L s lies
Light manipulating
moira33 chapter 1 . 9/16/2013
the only reason Light would want Rem dead in the first place was to have Misa at his mercy. By pushing Rem to kill herself, he was as good as announcing that he wanted to have the freedom to hurt Misa if he so chose. To trust him was insanity, and it frightened her how close she'd been to making that mistake. If only she could be sure that the alternative was truly any better...
I like how you put it
I still can not believe that Rem offered the victory to Light when she knew that Misa it is just a paw in Light s hands
I like your beginning it is intense already
Algor Nox chapter 7 . 2/27/2013
SO CUTE! SO CUTE! SO CUTE! SO CUUUUUTE!

Sorry, fangirling there for a moment. The ending was the best ever. OTP.
JenDav chapter 1 . 2/1/2013
I was blown away and captivated by the inner dialogue and depth.

"Such feelings were not strange to him. They were phenomena like any other, projected upon the screen of consciousness: to be observed, understood, and not reacted to without reason. Except when, rarely, showing them was of some use..."

How often are people victims to their thoughts and feelings? E.g., "I'm just an emotional, obsessive, angry, impulsive, etc., person." There's a great lesson there.

"If just about every circumstance of their lives had been different, of course." Love is never enough although I was happy to see they might get a chance to try after all.

Of your stories this is my favourite so far. You used logic, manipulation, cunning, thought processes, etc., that other writers may lack the level of understanding to protray as well as you did.

I enjoyed your variety of characters, both male and female. It is interesting how well you write whether for a character that's cold, calculating, logical, indifferent or one that is emotional, devoted, tender.

Your characters are engaging and I find myself immersed in your stories wanting them to continue.
CorycianAngel1944 chapter 7 . 1/30/2013
I like it, very nice and some parts are a bit romantic.
woodlandfairykirk chapter 7 . 12/21/2012
very good(:
DappledKarma chapter 7 . 9/25/2012
Loved it! Everything was amazingly written. This should be the real ending of DN. XP Such a rare fantastic read.

One minor complaint is the ending felt a little rushed, but that's okay. It was only just a little.
jessi chapter 7 . 8/13/2012
Excellent story!
Canadawear chapter 7 . 7/10/2012
Very sweet, they would have made a helluva couple. I absolutely loved that thing about chess.