Reviews for Aspiration
LolaRedMuse chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
"she loves him back in a thousand tiny little ways and more big ones every single day. Both he and Gillian suffer—have been suffering, breaking and flourishing in silence for years now- carrying their love for one another around with them like the most beautiful of burdens. The moment one of them offers the burden to the other, life as they know it ceases. It becomes their life, a joint occupation and decision. It becomes another thing in the list of everything they share-" omg! im speechless! i love it when u render me speechless!this is it!

"there is the answer he doesn't say-the one that sticks in his mouth and coats his tongue with the thickness of apprehension and fear-the one that sits in his pocket, the same place it's been for years now, as though his tongue were a precipice and the word was carefully balanced halfway between action and inaction." killer way to describe his battle with himself, with his silence, with his fear. perfect! wow! u nailed it.

honestly, i read this lovely piece, as soon as u posted it, but only today i have the chance to review it. actually, i had left it a lil unattended on my "to review" list, cos i had truly loved the 1st i read it. now, after re-reading it i love it more. thank u :)
Aleia Jade chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
"breaking and flourishing in silence"

"And because she is Emily and because she is lovely"

The Emily/everybody dynamic is just so goshdarn interesting. How much does she know, really? The love, the excuses, sure, but what else? Is she an idealist? Does she understand why they're not together yet, beyond just knowing the excuses Lightman'd give? I don't know. And she seemed so defeated in that end scene. Like she'd seen the world, and realized that things don't work out. And I wonder how that will affect her 'shipping.

You have such a way with words. "Lovely" and "Deep" don't quite cut it to describe it.

"the one that sits in his pocket...Tomorrow" ungh. That was the sound of gut-wrenching. Oh. Oh, that's kind of sweet and a lot of sad.

t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t VOICELESS ALVEOLAR STOP

I LOVE YOU.
Lil.Miss.JoJo.33 chapter 1 . 2/2/2011
1) I totally agree. I think the ending was absolutely perfect!

2) I loved this post-ep. Very realistic and very true to Cal's character. LOVE!

Great job! *applause*
Rugbygirrl chapter 1 . 2/1/2011
Lovely! I too thought it was a perfect ending for the season! And with the good ratings the show has been getting I'm more optimistic for a summer season or a season 4:)
nikkidog chapter 1 . 2/1/2011
You can't hide from what you have said out loud! Thanks for the fic.
yayfornonsense chapter 1 . 2/1/2011
Oh, I love this. So beautiful, thoughtful and a perfect way to end the season. As far as I am concerned, this is exactly what Cal was thinking!

Thanks for sharing. :)
Alebarda chapter 1 . 2/1/2011
I love everything you write, all of your stories are just perfectly balanced between introspection and tenderness.

I'm completely pleased with the ending too (IF Fox decides to renew LTM for a forth season, which I really hope they do), but I honestly needed a post-ep story! And yours is just perfect!
sash queen of the jungle chapter 1 . 2/1/2011
Yes fantastic ending to series three. I hope there is more to explore his answer. Thanks for your input Emily is a cool kid.
gidget89 chapter 1 . 2/1/2011
I love this even mor eon second reading. It's just so perfect - the perfect extension and embellishment of Cal's thoughts but still so close to canon I can pretend: this happened.

ANd after reading all the post-eps, I'm STILL glad this wa sthe first one I read. For real 3 ILY.